28-3

Beasley for Clowney

57 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Beasley might be trending down.... But at least he plays.... You cant depend on Clowney

This ^...He’s great when he plays but his consistency is something I’d frown at.  I’ll take Bruce in a system he’s comfortable with instead of Clowney 

Seems to me Beasley is Clowney. But in Beasley's defense, any defense that relies almost solely on the athleticism of the 4 D-linemen to get to the QB is a failure waiting to happen in my opinion. QB's read the Falcon defense from the huddle. Hopefully they'll add some disguise and blitz pressures going forward. Beasley is a kind of guy that could shine with a schemed pressure style defense.

Stryka likes this

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Who the fukc calls themselves a Falcons fan and thus goes by the name 28-3? 

Hopefully they lost a bet w/ a rival fan... or they're just taking that whole "embrace the suck" thing a wee bit too far.

*TMo* and Osiruz like this

11 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Who the fukc calls themselves a Falcons fan and thus goes by the name 28-3? 

I mean really.....what a piece of piece of piece of poop 

Edited by Atl Falcon

If Clowney becomes a FA (doubtful)....I think he becomes a falcon anyway.

We liked him in 14.. with a lot of rumors that we are willing to trade up for him...and he publicly expressed his desire to play for the Falcons.

57 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Texans would laugh the Falcons off the phone.

As to the folks talking about Clowney being hurt and undependable, well he's played in 13, 14, 16, and 15 games the last 4 years. Only his rookie year did he miss a lot of games.

Clowney has been pretty steady and healthy since his rookie year.  My issue is 29 sacks in 5 years

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Clowney has been pretty steady and healthy since his rookie year.  My issue is 29 sacks in 5 years

Less than 6 a year, yeah he's not exactly setting the world on fire. For all the hype he sure hasn't lived up to it. I remember when it seemed everyone here wanted him on the Falcons and was willing to give up everything to have him. 

Wow, a lot of people in this thread downplaying Clowney’s ability. Not only is he a beast in the run game, but he gets constant pressure. His sack totals aren’t high, but he’s highly disruptive. Vic does not fit Houston’s scheme at all, so even if he was a similar caliber player (he’s not even close), the trade wouldn’t make sense for Houston. 

Also, change your username. 

GeorgiaBoyz and Vandy like this

13 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Wow, a lot of people in this thread downplaying Clowney’s ability. Not only is he a beast in the run game, but he gets constant pressure. His sack totals aren’t high, but he’s highly disruptive. Vic does not fit Houston’s scheme at all, so even if he was a similar caliber player (he’s not even close), the trade wouldn’t make sense for Houston. 

Also, change your username. 

I like Clowney, but certainly not to the tune of 18-20 million per year which is where his  new contract is projected

11 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Less than 6 a year, yeah he's not exactly setting the world on fire. For all the hype he sure hasn't lived up to it. I remember when it seemed everyone here wanted him on the Falcons and was willing to give up everything to have him. 

Clowney has 29 sacks in 62 games and Vic has 29.5 sacks in 62 games.  Vic had that one good year and then the rest has been 4, 5, and 5 sacks. Clowney has had 3 seasons with 6+ sacks with Vic only having the 1.  I definitely think Clowney would be a big upgrade over Vic. 

GeorgiaBoyz, vitaman and Vandy like this

Clowny is better than Beasley (both are boom-busty) but we don't need money like that tied up in an Edge.  Give me Bealsey AND Irvin @ 12-16M over Clowny alone (probably at 12-15).

...or draft an edge.

Edited by Monolith2001
28-3 and Stryka like this

People need to look past sacks. Besides that, Beasley needs to be schemed for his sacks, Clowny can line up and win a battle.

Clowny hits and affects the QB unlike Beasley. Clowny is a monster in the run game, Beasley is invisible. Clowny all around affects offenses and needs to be accounted for in the game plan. Beasley just needs to be flushed 10 yards past the pocket over and over again. 

That said, after paying Jarrett 15+ I highly doubt we do the same for Clowny. If the find a way somehow I won’t complain though!

12 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Beasley might be trending down.... But at least he plays.... You cant depend on Clowney

You forget when he removed himself and went on to the tunnel?