achin2be

PSL service is a joke.

79 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Tandy said:

I just log in to my PSL account - the balance is there.    Mine are paid for now - so I don't have a balance, but there should be an invoice there for this year if you need to pay and it should show your balance.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/falconspsl/

Your screen will show the details like this:

51939260_10216370271442261_5268534290630

Interesting. I’m curious, are y’all PSL payments only once per year or bi-annual/quarterly, ect?

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Interesting. I’m curious, are y’all PSL payments only once per year or bi-annual/quarterly, ect?

Annual payments.  You have 10 years to pay     Mine are paid off so I only have the season ticket to deal with annually now.   They are good for 30 years.

Iron Saint likes this

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

Annual payments.  You have 10 years to pay     Mine are paid off so I only have the season ticket to deal with annually now.   They are good for 30 years.

Ahh I see. I’ve always wondered exactly how the PSL thing worked (I mean I have an idea but I know it varies from team to team or league to league).

How about for other events held at MBS like the CFP Championship, ect? How does that process go? Do they send y’all a notice of “if you would like to purchase your seat for *insert event here* please make a payment by this date for your tickets”?

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Ahh I see. I’ve always wondered exactly how the PSL thing worked (I mean I have an idea but I know it varies from team to team or league to league).

How about for other events held at MBS like the CFP Championship, ect? How does that process go? Do they send y’all a notice of “if you would like to purchase your seat for *insert event here* please make a payment by this date for your tickets”?

Yep. Unless it's the superbowl and a few others.  

Iron Saint and Tandy like this

3 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

On most events, we get a pre-sale option to buy tickets prior to tickets going on sale to the public.  .   Some PSL owners with the really high end pricing - get an option for all events - but most get it for everything except those really high end events like the Super Bowl.   But, we get them for concerts and sporting events other than those elite few things.    

I actually have used some of those events to help offset the cost of my PSL.    I have bought a few choice tickets and resold them for a pretty good profit.    I remember one of the first ones offered was for a Garth Brooks concert.   Not knowing if it was a good investment, I asked my sister and my granddaughter who are both fans - and they both said - go for it.    I bought the tickets and sold them for double the amount in the same day.   I don't do that often - and it's the only one I ever doubled (just as what I thought was a starting cost) , but at the time, it nearly paid for my annual PSL payment.

I doubt I will do that now that they are paid off - but it certainly helped ease the pain of having the PSL cost added - which nobody liked.

Iron Saint likes this

7 minutes ago, Tandy said:

On most events, we get a pre-sale option to buy tickets prior to tickets going on sale to the public.  .   Some PSL owners with the really high end pricing - get an option for all events - but most get it for everything except those really high end events like the Super Bowl.   But, we get them for concerts and sporting events other than those elite few things.    

I actually have used some of those events to help offset the cost of my PSL.    I have bought a few choice tickets and resold them for a pretty good profit.    I remember one of the first ones offered was for a Garth Brooks concert.   Not knowing if it was a good investment, I asked my sister and my granddaughter who are both fans - and they both said - go for it.    I bought the tickets and sold them for double the amount in the same day.   I don't do that often - and it's the only one I ever doubled (just as what I thought was a starting cost) , but at the time, it nearly paid for my annual PSL payment.

I doubt I will do that now that they are paid off - but it certainly helped ease the pain of having the PSL cost added - which nobody liked.

That's a JOKE! They gave first at SEC Championship and the Super Bowl, which was at premium prices. More then they could have gotten from the general public. In both cases those tickets, where I sit, were selling for half the price they were more than willing to sell them to us for!

6 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

That's a JOKE! They gave first at SEC Championship and the Super Bowl, which was at premium prices. More then they could have gotten from the general public. In both cases those tickets, where I sit, were selling for half the price they were more than willing to sell them to us for!

In all the offers I've received, the price of the tickets were face value.    Our seats are in section 104, so we don't get the offers you are talking about.   What section are you referring to - and what pricing were you offered for the tickets?

One thing I know is that the team doesn't set the price for the Super Bowl - the NFL sets that.    I'm not sure about the SEC Championship game.

Sorry for your grief guys. I had season tickets from 1966 until 2013 except two years in the 1980's. I was a valued patron of the team, or at least that's the way they made me feel. With the onset of the PSL era I talked to the ticket office people several times and just seemed I was not valued by them anymore. Thanx for showing me that my departure from this mess was a wise decision.

25 minutes ago, Tandy said:

In all the offers I've received, the price of the tickets were face value.    Our seats are in section 104, so we don't get the offers you are talking about.   What section are you referring to - and what pricing were you offered for the tickets?

One thing I know is that the team doesn't set the price for the Super Bowl - the NFL sets that.    I'm not sure about the SEC Championship game.

I do not care who sets the price, they should promote this as a benefit when it is not. 

To answer your question, I am in Section 336, Row 1 and the SB ticket offering was around $5,500 per ticket. I could have bought them online for $2,500 per ticket. The SEC Championship was the same way, pricing in the +$3,000 range I believe. Could have bought online for about a $1,000. 

What it appears to me, is we are not first in-line to have access to premium tickets, we are first in-line to get ripped-off!

Tandy likes this

33 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Sorry for your grief guys. I had season tickets from 1966 until 2013 except two years in the 1980's. I was a valued patron of the team, or at least that's the way they made me feel. With the onset of the PSL era I talked to the ticket office people several times and just seemed I was not valued by them anymore. Thanx for showing me that my departure from this mess was a wise decision.

The Dome was the better venue for true NFL fans. The atmosphere in the Benz will never be what it was there.  

The rate is at 8.5% going into 2019.... I’d suggest you put that money into a lower rate loan if you still have a balance. The total 10 year interest paid isn’t pretty.

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

I do not care who sets the price, they should promote this as a benefit when it is not. 

To answer your question, I am in Section 336, Row 1 and the SB ticket offering was around $5,500 per ticket. I could have bought them online for $2,500 per ticket. The SEC Championship was the same way, pricing in the +$3,000 range I believe. Could have bought online for about a $1,000. 

What it appears to me, is we are not first in-line to have access to premium tickets, we are first in-line to get ripped-off!

Certainly steep.  I wonder how it was for those sitting down in those center seats with the gigantic seat cost.   Just curious.    Sorry to hear that.  

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

The Dome was the better venue for true NFL fans. The atmosphere in the Benz will never be what it was there.  

I hope you are wrong about this.    The players deserve to see the support they got in the The Dome, even though that was criticized constantly.

Dr Long Shot likes this

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I hope you are wrong about this.    The players deserve to see the support they got in the The Dome, even though that was criticized constantly.

Personally, I miss the Dome. Can you imagine the SF, Seattle (X2), and GB playoffs games played in the Benz. Doubt you even tell it was a playoff game?

2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Loyal fans kicked to the side for more money. That's why the $2 hotdogs is a silly advertising idea.

We have become road warriors now. Went to Tampa and had a blast.  Lots of Falcon fans. Not a bad drive.  Charlotte is also fun. Easy drive from Atlanta area.

No corporate atmosphere at either stadium. 

Cheap Talk likes this

19 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I tech support a call center and you'd be surprised how those systems work. It is quite common for agents not to have the easy ability to make calls.

Yea, I have some experience with call centers and call systems today are more and more becoming 100% automated. 

34 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Personally, I miss the Dome. Can you imagine the SF, Seattle (X2), and GB playoffs games played in the Benz. Doubt you even tell it was a playoff game?

We need to have our first playoff game in the new stadium before we can really judge it as a playoff venue. 

Tandy likes this

9 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We need to have our first playoff game in the new stadium before we can really judge it as a playoff venue. 

Well of course, but I said can you imagine. I did and it wasn't exciting!

My business partner and I seriously entertained buying $20K PSLs for premium seats Club level on the 45 yard line the year MB opened.  

That is a lot to finance, but worse for us was that it felt like a 10 year commitment to EVERY preseason and regular season game, no matter what.  No doubt, there are games we would love to see every year, but there also are the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Jax Jaguars, etc. that come along where you literally would have to beg people to take while paying about $550 per seat once you finance the PSLs.  And, it's the same cost for preseason.

We just couldn't pull the trigger on it.  

The last two years, we have bought UGA season tickets off Stubhub on the 50 for $2500.  That's a better deal in my mind.  Most importantly because I am not locked into anything for 10 years if I don't want to be.

putnam6 and Tandy like this

6 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

If you get the option to buy extra tickets, it is only an option. If you think they are too much, then pass. I don't believe SB tickets were an option (mine in Harrah's Club were certainly not), but they were selling on Stubhub for over 6k/seat, not counting fees. I was able to get first shot at SEC championship tickets in another section, but not my club seats. It was still a good deal. I do get my seats for Kickoff Classic games and Chick Fil-A Bowl. Whether to purchase just depends on who is playing.

I was told SPECIFICALLY that I would not have access to my usual seats for SEC championship and Super Bowls. I'm pretty sure it was written in my contract. I feel confident that you were not told that you would get those with your seats. The inflated price that you saw for SB was probably the NFL OnLocation package. Those were available to the public and included more than just the seat.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

3 hours ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Loyal fans kicked to the side for more money. That's why the $2 hotdogs is a silly advertising idea.

We have become road warriors now. Went to Tampa and had a blast.  Lots of Falcon fans. Not a bad drive.  Charlotte is also fun. Easy drive from Atlanta area.

No corporate atmosphere at either stadium. 

Fan-friendly food prices have been a big PR hit for the Benz, and I certainly enjoy not getting hosed over snacks for the game. It has been so successful that several other stadiums in the NFL are planning to add as well.

Tampa's stadium is half-empty for their games. There is no atmosphere there, corporate or otherwise.  You can always get cheap seats there. The Benz is a MUCH better atmosphere.

The three individual games that I've been to there were sad. The seats between the 20's in the lower deck were kinda empty. Folks were walking around the stadium and enjoying the party instead of supporting their team.

Cheap Talk likes this

3 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Well of course, but I said can you imagine. I did and it wasn't exciting!

I imagine it could be glorious. Have you seen Atlanta United Playoff game footage? Georgia Dome was also notoriously not sold out during regular season games  with a pretty luckluster atmosphere during the vast majority of its existence.

Truth is, outside of what Atlanta United did this year, Atlanta teams have always struggled to fill seats during the regular season only to then have amazing attendance and atmosphere during the playoffs.