Falconsin2012

Flacco to Broncos

45 posts in this topic

I actually think this is a good trade if the Bronco's didn't give up much for him.  Flacco is the definition of a game manager, but he can stretch a defense with some decent receivers and really with the Bronco's defense they just need game manager for a couple of year until they can get that offense rebuilt.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Actually this may not be such a bad move by the Broncos. Sure Flacco's stats are terrible the last 7 years or so, but... dat deep ball though. His arm is definitely not made out of noodles. I mean it's not as teste tingling as an Aaron Rodgers or Patrik Mahomes deep ball, but it does make me question my sexuality a bit when he lets it rip. 

I'm gonna do some research later and it's gonna surprise you at how bad Flacco is at completing deep passes.

Falconsin2012 likes this

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Amazes me how someone as great as Elway was as a player can be so horrible at QB evaluations.

I think he is lazy in his current role...

I also loved when he introduced Case Keesum as his new starting QB

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm gonna do some research later and it's gonna surprise you at how bad Flacco is at completing deep passes.

All that matters is that he looks good throwing them. / Purple

3 hours ago, athell said:

You put a lot of effort into a post that will never happen lol

i wish I had your ability to see into the future....i mean who wouldn't want to know how things go without any shred of proof? lol

4 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

i wish I had your ability to see into the future....i mean who wouldn't want to know how things go without any shred of proof? lol

Says the guy who wrote a thesis on what the Broncos will do in the offseason and near future?  Ok.

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Says the guy who wrote a thesis on what the Broncos will do in the offseason and near future?  Ok.

not necessarily, he could still re-tool his cap numbers, draft a qb in the first round, maybe even trade down if he likes someone who would make it towards the end of the first, resign players like sanders and thomas, put together a team that MIGHT be able to compete this year, while grooming the newbie qb to be the starter in a year or two, while keeping his defense at peak performance and not wasting ALL the years this team will have a top rated D

Which part of that did I say WILL? lol I threw out a possibility of what could happen...I never stated it was for certain or anything remotely implying I assumed it would, I simply replied in regards to the fact that you stated

"On the plus side, it will prevent Elway from drafting another giant sized bust qb" 

I simply gave an option where it shows it doesn't mean anything just because they traded for him.  That's all.  He's on the downside of his career and it would just make sense should they consider drafting his replacement in the first round.  lol anyways again it was just to retort your "will" statement.  

26 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

not necessarily, he could still re-tool his cap numbers, draft a qb in the first round, maybe even trade down if he likes someone who would make it towards the end of the first, resign players like sanders and thomas, put together a team that MIGHT be able to compete this year, while grooming the newbie qb to be the starter in a year or two, while keeping his defense at peak performance and not wasting ALL the years this team will have a top rated D

Which part of that did I say WILL? lol I threw out a possibility of what could happen...I never stated it was for certain or anything remotely implying I assumed it would, I simply replied in regards to the fact that you stated

"On the plus side, it will prevent Elway from drafting another giant sized bust qb" 

I simply gave an option where it shows it doesn't mean anything just because they traded for him.  That's all.  He's on the downside of his career and it would just make sense should they consider drafting his replacement in the first round.  lol anyways again it was just to retort your "will" statement.  

But Elway has shown his drafting of QBs to be extremely poor. Traded up in the 1st round to draft Paxton Lynch who he cut after only 2 or 3 seasons and very little playing time. Brock Osweiler was a 2nd round pick. He sunk big money into Case Keenum of all people. Here's a great breakdown explaining how terrible this deal is for the Broncos and Elway's long history of failed QB acquistions.

Link

29 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But Elway has shown his drafting of QBs to be extremely poor. Traded up in the 1st round to draft Paxton Lynch who he cut after only 2 or 3 seasons and very little playing time. Brock Osweiler was a 2nd round pick. He sunk big money into Case Keenum of all people. Here's a great breakdown explaining how terrible this deal is for the Broncos and Elway's long history of failed QB acquistions.

Link

I can agree with that.  That his history has not been known to produce good qbs in FA or the draft outside of Manning.  I was merely stating that just because they traded for Flacco does not for certain eliminate the need or the idea that they may indeed draft a quarterback.

6 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Actually this may not be such a bad move by the Broncos. Sure Flacco's stats are terrible the last 7 years or so, but... dat deep ball though. His arm is definitely not made out of noodles. I mean it's not as teste tingling as an Aaron Rodgers or Patrik Mahomes deep ball, but it does make me question my sexuality a bit when he lets it rip. 

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I didn't do a lot of research - here - but there is an article on NFL.COM - winners and losers in the deal

This was in that article:

LOSERS

John Elway: So, wait, am I piling on Elway, too? Well, judging a trade minutes after it's agreed to, and nearly a month before it can be finalized, is a fool's errand. Yet, Elway's track record provides a troubling backdrop for his latest QB move. Since importing Peyton Manning in 2012, Elway has swung and missed at every turn in his attempt to find a reliable signal-caller. He drafted Brock Osweiler 57th overall in 2012. He took Trevor Siemian in 2015. He traded up for Paxton Lynch in the first round in 2016. And he handed Case Keenum a two-year, $36 million contract last offseason. Each move has blown up in Elway's face. Now a mid-30s Flacco is supposed to be the panacea for Elway's typhoid QB fever? Parting ways with Keenum would also leave $10 million in dead money on the Broncos' salary cap (versus $21 million if he's on the roster). Combine that with the $18.5 million Flacco is set to earn in 2019, and that's a high-priced QB room with little upside. Perhaps Elway still goes out and lands a hotshot rookie signal-caller in the draft, Flacco serves as a one-year stand-in (again) and the newbie becomes a franchise staple (finally). Maybe in that hypothetical scenario, the trade won't be viewed in a negative light. Another swing and miss, however, and even the most ardent Elway supporters in Denver will begin to waver.

View image on Twitter

Post-Super Bowl Flacco has been problematic, per @NFLResearch:

Falconsfan567 likes this

12 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You a Jags fan??

Have been for a long time Im a falcon fan 1st and above all other teams in every sport lol.  But i like the Jags as well and support them as my afc team and my best friend is a Jags fan and his 2nd favorite team is the Falcons lol.   But if the Falcons and jags meet for a game then the Falcons need to crush them by 50.   2 of my favorite players of all time played for the Jags in Big John Henderson at DT and Big Game Torry Holt.  Was also a pretty big mark brunell fan growing up lol.

ya_boi_j, Tandy and Falconsfan567 like this

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Have been for a long time Im a falcon fan 1st and above all other teams in every sport lol.  But i like the Jags as well and support them as my afc team and my best friend is a Jags fan and his 2nd favorite team is the Falcons lol.   But if the Falcons and jags meet for a game then the Falcons need to crush them by 50.   2 of my favorite players of all time played for the Jags in Big John Henderson at DT and Big Game Torry Holt.  Was also a pretty big mark brunell fan growing up lol.

I have no issue with that at all man. Others will but it is what it is. I like more than one team as well.

Falconsfan567 likes this

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I like the Jaguars too!! My entire family adopted them when they came to be. Falcons come first and foremost but I do like the Jaguars as well. Loved those teams of the 90s. They would have won the Super Bowl in 1999 had they not had to play the Titans. The reason I hate the Titans so much is because of that 1999 season. The Jaguars lost just 3 games all season, all 3 meetings against the Titans. They blew the doors off everyone else including 62-7 against the Dolphins in the playoffs in Dan Marino's last game.

BTW, I had to go look it up because I didn't remember Torry Holt playing for the Jaguars in 2009.

Other teams I'm a semi fan of for various reasons are the Texans and Dolphins. There's strong reasons behind both of those but I don't need to explain my prerferences. I used to like the 49ers too because of Joe Montana and Steve Young but Jim Harbaugh and the ensuing years since has kinda killed that.

20 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I have no issue with that at all man. Others will but it is what it is. I like more than one team as well.

Highly doubt most people would because i would bet most of them secretly like a 2nd team and most of the time it will be an afc team.  As long as you support the Falcons way more and want them to win over everyone it's fine and don't hurt anyone lol.

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I like the Jaguars too!! My entire family adopted them when they came to be. Falcons come first and foremost but I do like the Jaguars as well. Loved those teams of the 90s. They would have won the Super Bowl in 1999 had they not had to play the Titans. The reason I hate the Titans so much is because of that 1999 season. The Jaguars lost just 3 games all season, all 3 meetings against the Titans. They blew the doors off everyone else including 62-7 against the Dolphins in the playoffs in Dan Marino's last game.

BTW, I had to go look it up because I didn't remember Torry Holt playing for the Jaguars in 2009.

Other teams I'm a semi fan of for various reasons are the Texans and Dolphins. There's strong reasons behind both of those but I don't need to explain my prerferences. I used to like the 49ers too because of Joe Montana and Steve Young but Jim Harbaugh and the ensuing years since has kinda killed that.

I49ers would be my 2nd most hated team after the Saints because of the old nfc western days where we had to take that *** whopping on the yearly from them.  Will always hate them and hope they do bad bc of that XD    As for my other team i like i'll get a ton of hate for this one but it's the Patriots but thats mostly because growing up when i played football i was a Patriot and we used the same color scheme uniforms and helmets as them and i have high respect for BB as a coach and Brady as a QB.   If the Falcons or Jags can'y win the Sb i'll always pull for them to take it although i wish we would have crushed them by like 35 points in our SB against them >.>

On 2/15/2019 at 0:31 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Highly doubt most people would because i would bet most of them secretly like a 2nd team and most of the time it will be an afc team.  As long as you support the Falcons way more and want them to win over everyone it's fine and don't hurt anyone lol.

I think what "triggered" most people was the use of the word "we". I've lived in Colorado for 15 out of the last 20 years. I've adopted the Broncos as my AFC team. I still wouldn't refer to them as "we", though.

45 minutes ago, Padawan Knight said:

I think what "triggered" most people was the use of the word "we". I've lived in Colorado for 15 out of the last 20 years. I've adopted the Broncos as my AFC team. I still wouldn't refer to them as "we", though.

I don't think anyone was triggered really just surprised i liked another team as well as the Falcons.  I would say we for the Falcons as well if i were talking about them about anything too.