Falcons In 2012

Travis Homer - RB: 4th Round Stud

16 posts in this topic

Homer continues to be overlooked in a deep pool of good but not great running backs eligible for the 2019 draft.  He actually runs a lot like Freeman.  Makes quick decisions and gets downhill in a hurry.  Also love how he finishes off his runs.  

@youngbloodz  UM is your team, what are your thoughts on Homer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Homer is a tough runner. Has top end speed and is very strong. Wasn't featured as a receiver much but he has some decent hands. Pass protection needs work but he is a willing blocker 

He is being overlooked a bit don’t you think? Projected at 5th or 6th round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

He's going to find a home in someone's RBBC. As a fan of the U, I'd be stoked to pick him up late. 

Like Freeman, his running style doesn’t mesh with his frame. So longevity may be a concern. But elusive backs that can take it 70 yards or plant a safety  are my football crush...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He is being overlooked a bit don’t you think? Projected at 5th or 6th round

He is. He probably will do decent at the combine. I say a 4th or 5th round pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Homer continues to be overlooked in a deep pool of good but not great running backs eligible for the 2019 draft.  He actually runs a lot like Freeman.  Makes quick decisions and gets downhill in a hurry.  Also love how he finishes off his runs.  

@youngbloodz  UM is your team, what are your thoughts on Homer?

 

With so many people posting x RB as the next bit thing, I was expected to watch and sigh in frustration at another ho-hum dude.

To my surprise, Homer has insane acceleration. I mean Free was my guy coming out because he hit the hole so fast and Homer has the same type of go-go. in the short vid I can't decide if his juking is slowing him down or if he's just waiting for a hole. good find!

Falcons In 2012 and slick0ne like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this is a good year to take a back in the 4th or 5th.  Of course I'd take a back or LB in the 4th or 5th every year.

If we spend the first 3 on trench players, and get LB, RB, TE/tall WR in the 4th and 5th we'll have a chance at a lot of players who can get good snaps and make a difference.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping we spend zero picks on a back this year.  Instead let’s spend picks on offensive line which will make any back look better.  Scheme and offensive line have more to do with a successful running game than the runningback you have.  Look at Gurley.  Was terrible under fisher and the worst offensive line in football.  A year later they beef up and change scheme and he is a pro bowler.  Let’s get our trenches on both sides of the ball fixed first before we spend any more resources on adding any offensive skill positions for that matter please.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rings639 said:

I am hoping we spend zero picks on a back this year.  Instead let’s spend picks on offensive line which will make any back look better.  Scheme and offensive line have more to do with a successful running game than the runningback you have.  Look at Gurley.  Was terrible under fisher and the worst offensive line in football.  A year later they beef up and change scheme and he is a pro bowler.  Let’s get our trenches on both sides of the ball fixed first before we spend any more resources on adding any offensive skill positions for that matter please.

You’re not wrong....but Gurley was ROY under Fischer. The move had lots to do with the Rams struggles 3 years ago.  And Fischer was done...couldn’t adapt to modern NFL

rings639 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now