Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Francis York Morgan

New Favorite RB

41 posts in this topic

After Josh Jacobs at least.

Devin Singletary. Crappy team, but good lord he's talented. Those cuts. That patience. And defenders just bounce off of him. Felt the same way when David Johnson came out, big difference is he's not as talented as a receiver. But he would be fantastic here. He's going to kill it in a zone scheme.

Edit: messed up on posting to the draft forum, my b. Mods can move if they want

Didn't give him the full "vs" look over but what I gathered.

Pros

• Stupid levels of production
  • Nice blend of vision, patience and top end.
  • Great balance

Concerns:

• Not known for his receiving (Just 51 catches in 3 years but not saying he can't)
  • Their RB2 was just as effective (maybe other guy is really good too but could be OL/system bolstering stats)
  • CUSA-level competition (I still think his skills will translate like Ito)
FalconsIn2020 likes this

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Devin Singletary. Crappy team, but good lord he's talented. Those cuts. That patience and burst. And defenders just bounce off of him. Felt the same way when David Johnson came out, big difference is he's not as talented as a receiver. But he would be fantastic here. He's going to kill it in a zone scheme.

I'll give him a serious look just because I remember how big of a David Johnson Homer you were. 

58 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I'll give him a serious look just because I remember how big of a David Johnson Homer you were. 

I encourage you to watch this full game cutup. Any of them, really. He's just relentless. Hates to go out of bounds, initiates contact, VERY rarely goes down to the first guy. His offensive line was terrible, I can't even imagine how good he'd have been with a better one.

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

Didn't give him the full "vs" look over but what I gathered.

Pros

• Stupid levels of production
  • Nice blend of vision, patience and top end.
  • Great balance

Concerns:

• Not known for his receiving (Just 51 catches in 3 years but not saying he can't)
  • Their RB2 was just as effective (maybe other guy is really good too but could be OL/system bolstering stats)
  • CUSA-level competition (I still think his skills will translate like Ito)

RB2 got most of his yards on jet sweeps where Singletary was the lead blocker (did a good job at it too). 

And please. Watch a full game. The competition level is more of a reflection on his poor line than anything.

3 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

I'm more of an Damien Harris and Benny Snell fan. Devin will be a good back but his frame is small and we need a back who can get a yard when we really need a yard.

Guarantee he's more likely to get that yard than some other dude whose best quality is being big. Not a Snell fan and think Harris is just solid tbh

3 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

What round?

Hard to say. People saying everywhere from the 1st to 4th round. I have a 1st round grade on him myself. He's going to be special.

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m liking Patrick myself 

From FSU? Or

27 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I encourage you to watch this full game cutup. Any of them, really. He's just relentless. Hates to go out of bounds, initiates contact, VERY rarely goes down to the first guy. His offensive line was terrible, I can't even imagine how good he'd have been with a better one.

RB2 got most of his yards on jet sweeps where Singletary was the lead blocker (did a good job at it too). 

And please. Watch a full game. The competition level is more of a reflection on his poor line than anything.

We sure could use an explosive back with Freeman being injury prone.

43 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Guarantee he's more likely to get that yard than some other dude whose best quality is being big. Not a Snell fan and think Harris is just solid tbh

Hard to say. People saying everywhere from the 1st to 4th round. I have a 1st round grade on him myself. He's going to be special.

From FSU? Or

Yeah

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Devin Singletary. Crappy team, but good lord he's talented. Those cuts. That patience and burst. And defenders just bounce off of him. Felt the same way when David Johnson came out, big difference is he's not as talented as a receiver. But he would be fantastic here. He's going to kill it in a zone scheme.

He is a slippery back. There aren't a lot of those. Looks like a 4.6 guy. Could be good inside the red zone. Very good at taking the yardage the defense gives rather than trying to score every play. He could very well be a good pro. Reminds me of Chris ivory when he was good for some reason.

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Ha.  No need to beg me to watch film.  I like what I see but believe this thread will be dead and gone by the time I found and watched footage hence my comments in this thread.  I honestly don't think this kid will be anywhere near where we would be taking a RB so I didn't really want to spend a ton of time (looking for good footage) on him.

For some reason...I could not find anything but highlight games last night.  I got some today.

Edited by Monolith2001

On 2/12/2019 at 7:37 PM, Knight of God said:

I’m liking Patrick myself 

Agreed. Big, powerful back that is great in goal line situations. Has great hands catching the ball out of the backfield. Would be a terror for Linebackers to cover. Has good speed for his size, isn't shifty, but has strength to break tackles. Would love Atlanta to pick this guy!!

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Agreed. Big, powerful back that is great in goal line situations. Has great hands catching the ball out of the backfield. Would be a terror for Linebackers to cover. Has good speed for his size, isn't shifty, but has strength to break tackles. Would love Atlanta to pick this guy!!

Watched him and I think he's a JAG honestly. No burst, goes down easier than expected, good hands though. We'll see.

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Watched him and I think he's a JAG honestly. No burst, goes down easier than expected, good hands though. We'll see.

I just saw his highlights and he did not go down easily. Admittedly, I never watched him in a full game.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:37 AM, Kayoh said:

check out Alex Barnes. I get Kareem Hunt vibes from him.

i checked out his highlights versus mississippi state and he didnt look very good but snell looked great against them. 

3 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

i checked out his highlights versus mississippi state and he didnt look very good but snell looked great against them. 

I mean yeah, you watched one of his worst games of the year, watch him against Baylor or ISU and you'll see more

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

I mean yeah, you watched one of his worst games of the year, watch him against Baylor or ISU and you'll see more

ill check those out. i have just been a snell fan since i watched him own my gators

Just now, texasfalconfan said:

ill check those out. i have just been a snell fan since i watched him own my gators

yeah Snell's fine too. Not as good of a pass catcher as Barnes though.

Just now, Kayoh said:

yeah Snell's fine too. Not as good of a pass catcher as Barnes though.

the big question though is whos gonna be there at our 4th round pick because we have other pressing needs for our first 3 picks.