wartownfalcon

Cleveland Browns sign Kareem Hunt

57 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

I agree but there is also being about your business and role in life you choose. I work with a lot of people that know they are teachers, lawyers, officers, business owner, and are recognized around town. These people know that while they are in those roles they have to be aware of what they are doing and saying all the time; if you are an athlete or millionaire its no different.  You dont have to be a hermit but you have to be smart.

I definitely agree they have athletes in the spotlighr more so you gotta becareful because of it. Also sometimes its the people you hang out with

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Are you saying your o.k. with an Orwellian surveillance state? Look at what China is doing right now. I'd rather outlaw cameras than to have one surveying every step I take.

There's a massive difference between being ok with cameras in public places or private property placed by its owners and Big Brother. Being ok with part of something doesn't equate to being ok with the whole. Just as those against abortion aren't necessarily ok with some of the horrible things that caused the people to become pregnant in the first place.

Not part of the never put your hands on a woman crowd. You have to defend yourself. He became the aggressor though and thats why he went down ultimately. 2nd chance for him. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Exactly once they cause you bodily harm or come at you with a knife or baseball bat then thats your life in danger. and  your survival instincts, kick in just like if a man was running towards you with a with a weapon

And what a lot of men don't understand, especially if they marry early, is that there are a lot of crazy women around. Some of them are borderline sociopaths. They can appear normal for months or in my case almost 2 years, until they aren't. And if you have to defend yourself you can count on them lieing (very convincingly) to the police on what happened. Lucky for me they finally believed my story. She said I shoved her to the ground where she hit her head on the wall, and then I broke my own nose to try and get her in trouble. I remember a response I had to the detectives was " I'm not Tyler Durden trying to get corporate sponsorship."

What kills me is that she wasnt charged with assault, not even simple assault, and I was looking at a battery charge.

There just isn't any concern for abused men. Especially 6'5 270 lb ones. It's laughed at and taken less seriously than a hot teacher commiting statutory rape on a h.s. student.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

There's a massive difference between being ok with cameras in public places or private property placed by its owners and Big Brother. Being ok with part of something doesn't equate to being ok with the whole. Just as those against abortion aren't necessarily ok with some of the horrible things that caused the people to become pregnant in the first place.

I was under the impression this incident happened in a hotel room. I haven't read the story but that was the vibe I got from the o.p.

And that is an unfair comparison equating the intention of CCTV to rape/incest.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I was under the impression this incident happened in a hotel room. I haven't read the story but that was the vibe I got from the o.p.

And that is an unfair comparison equating the intention of CCTV to rape/incest.

Just as its an unfair comparison to say someone approves of an Orwell-esque Big Brother government when they say they're happy someone being abusive was caught on camera? That's the point. I'm saying that approving of a part doesn't mean you approve of a whole. I'm not equating anything because I think that's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

And what a lot of men don't understand, especially if they marry early, is that there are a lot of crazy women around. Some of them are borderline sociopaths. They can appear normal for months or in my case almost 2 years, until they aren't. And if you have to defend yourself you can count on them lieing (very convincingly) to the police on what happened. Lucky for me they finally believed my story. She said I shoved her to the ground where she hit her head on the wall, and then I broke my own nose to try and get her in trouble. I remember a response I had to the detectives was " I'm not Tyler Durden trying to get corporate sponsorship."

What kills me is that she wasnt charged with assault, not even simple assault, and I was looking at a battery charge.

There just isn't any concern for abused men. Especially 6'5 270 lb ones. It's laughed at and taken less seriously than a hot teacher commiting statutory rape on a h.s. student.

I do agree that the court process is incredibly unfair for male victims of abuse.