Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

Patriots +544 In 3 Playoff Games:

9 posts in this topic

Most regard the 1989 Niners as one of the All Time teams.  In their 3 playoff wins in 1989 they outgained their opponents by 599 yards.  In a salary cap era, the Patriots just outgained their playoff opponents by 549 yards, the most since 1989.

it got me thinking: how much did we outgained our opponents by in 2016 if you exclude the 4th quarter of the SB?

Elias Sports Bureau

The

outgained their opponents by 544 yards in three postseason games. The last team with at least a 500-yard edge in the Divisional Round, Conference Championship Game, and Super Bowl was San Francisco in 1989 (+599).”

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Most regard the 1989 Niners as one of the All Time teams.  In their 3 playoff wins in 1989 they outgained their opponents by 599 yards.  In a salary cap era, the Patriots just outgained their playoff opponents by 549 yards, the most since 1989.

it got me thinking: how much did we outgained our opponents by in 2016 if you exclude the 4th quarter of the SB?

Elias Sports Bureau

The

outgained their opponents by 544 yards in three postseason games. The last team with at least a 500-yard edge in the Divisional Round, Conference Championship Game, and Super Bowl was San Francisco in 1989 (+599).”

No where near that number.   Our defense gave up yards - even in the games we won handily.   Especially in the later quarters.

Ergo Proxy and Falconsin2012 like this

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

The 1989 49ers were the greatest team I’ve ever seen.  If there was ever a tournament of all-time teams my money would be on them

No doubt.  I actually thought the 88 Niners were better

The 1989 49ers were also the last top scoring offense to beat a top scoring defense in the Super Bowl.

The Patriot players spent time today at Mass General and brought the trophy for the many children hospitalized. Kraft and Bilichick lead one h.ell of an organization. No wonder Gillette Stadium is packed each and every game. Season is over, how many teams are still out in the community spreading good will?