Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dutty Ole Bird

USA today draft picks by position

24 posts in this topic

I love me some Lindstrom.  An ideal scheme fit with his athleticism.  Would be thrilled to get that dude. Plug & Play.

SMH at Terronne Prescod not being listed amongst the top-15 interior lineman.  The disrespect continues.  54 pancake blocks this year...hasn’t allowed a sack since Shanny was our OC.  Best run blocking lineman in college football by a mile.  Plays in ZBS.  Maybe he drops to the 5th

rings639 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I love me some Lindstrom.  An ideal scheme fit with his athleticism.  Would be thrilled to get that dude. Plug & Play.

SMH at Terronne Prescod not being listed amongst the top-15 interior lineman.  The disrespect continues.  54 pancake blocks this year...hasn’t allowed a sack since Shanny was our OC.  Best run blocking lineman in college football by a mile.  Plays in ZBS.  Maybe he drops to the 5th

Yeah I really hope we get him, even if it means trading up. I haven't checked into prescod but I am about to. 

rings639 and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Athletic writer Dane Brugler has Lindstrom ranked 4th, with these ranked higher:

1. Garrett Bradbury, NC State

2. Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State

3. Connor McGovern, Penn State

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From everything I’ve read and heard, Lindstrom is one of the most, maybe the most, athletic OL in this draft. However, they also say he’s not great at ZB. While I wouldn’t mind drafting him at all, I feel like he’d struggle at least initially on our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

From everything I’ve read and heard, Lindstrom is one of the most, maybe the most, athletic OL in this draft. However, they also say he’s not great at ZB. While I wouldn’t mind drafting him at all, I feel like he’d struggle at least initially on our team. 

That’s the reason why they look at athletic tackles because of that ability to transition inside at the next level.Cody Ford Dalton Risner are 2 mentioned OTs in that boat.

For me being a 1 trick pony position wise can hurt Draft value unless your a Quentin Nelson Brandon Schereff Steve Hutchison type G in which you build your house on.

Lindstrom too me is a late 2,3rd round guy in my eyes.

Vandy and Dutty Ole Bird like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been watching the NC state line all season including being at the BC/NCSU game.  Anyone on that NCSU  O line is the real deal. They were blowing Boston college off the ball. Lindstrom didn’t even register to me at the time. But bc o lines are always solid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Yeah I really hope we get him, even if it means trading up. I haven't checked into prescod but I am about to. 

You hope we Trade up for Lindstrom? 

I hope you mean 2nd round or lower....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

You hope we Trade up for Lindstrom? 

I hope you mean 2nd round or lower....

Third round? you think the best guard in the draft is going in the 3rd round? lol. Current mocks have him going in the lower first round early second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’ve been watching the NC state line all season including being at the BC/NCSU game.  Anyone on that NCSU  O line is the real deal. They were blowing Boston college off the ball. Lindstrom didn’t even register to me at the time. But bc o lines are always solid 

They have 3 NFL players on that line.  Prescod is the best IMO...why no love for him anywhere?

Dutty Ole Bird and VTCrunkler like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Third round? you think the best guard in the draft is going in the 3rd round? lol. Current mocks have him going in the lower first round early second.

I said 2nd round or lower.....But I dunno man, if you truly are thinking we better trade up because he's going before our pick #14 in 1st, you're smoking “some really heavy  ****, man”.........

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

There is a Michael Jackson and a Michael Jordan in this draft. 

Don't mess this up Falcons. 

HEE, HEE! YOW!

*moonwalk*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I said 2nd round or lower.....But I dunno man, if you truly are thinking we better trade up because he's going before our pick #14 in 1st, you're smoking “some really heavy  ****, man”.........

 

Ok by lower I thought you meant he was going by 3rd or 4th lol. No I don't advocate taking him with our first, but wouldn't mind trading up in the second to lower first to take him.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Ok by lower I thought you meant he was going by 3rd or 4th lol. No I don't advocate taking him with our first, but wouldn't mind trading up in the second to lower first to take him.

I got you now. Thanks for clarifying. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They have 3 NFL players on that line.  Prescod is the best IMO...why no love for him anywhere?

I’m biased because we are friends with NCSU former ol coach. But they had a **** of an o line. Including a Remington award winner. We have to be looking their way this year. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a mock that had us taking him in the second and I loved it, but then an RB in the third and it ruined it all.  I think he projects best at guard and would be a huge upgrade left or right side.  I hope this is the year we invest a ton in the trenches and stop trying to pump money into sexy skill position players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Third round? you think the best guard in the draft is going in the 3rd round? lol. Current mocks have him going in the lower first round early second.

Happens pretty frequently, TBH. 

Its not like we're talking about Quenton Nelson here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0