Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k-train

Bruce Carter will be back on a 1 year deal

37 posts in this topic

from McFadden's article

The veteran linebacker joined the Falcons early in the 2018 season after a rash of injuries on defense. Carter's knowledge of opposing offenses was of great benefit to some of the younger players on Atlanta's defense.

"He picks up on stuff really quickly," rookie linebacker Foyesade Oluokun said of Carter during the season. "I listen to him when he's talking to coach and he helps our room out a lot because he has so much experience. We help him out with the calls and he helps us out with the plays to expect."

Stryka likes this

12 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Yawn! A Special teams signing. Go sign Means and others. 

Special Teams is a 3rd of the game. Dude is also quality depth. Still very athletic but can play any LB spot. Very solid signing. 

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ehh...I wish that we would bring in competition for Foye.....or even Campbell

Competition is great but development is more critical. He played last year. Learned a lot. Lets continue his development. He is trending up. 

Its not a Duke Riley situation where we had much concern from game 1 til the present.  

This pretty much sets the depth chart at LB. We may add 1 more. But 5 LBs if we include Duke is about all we carry. 

Not likely to spend anything other than a 3rd day pick on a LB as well now. 

Cole World and mikeg272 like this

3 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Cool but ugh, can we re-sign the other Bruce now?

Gotta find common ground.  Dude averages a very respectable 6.5 sacks a year.  He may see himself as a good starter and not just a rotational guy.  If so then his price tag may go from 4- 6 million to 8-10 million.  We shall see.  Would love to have him back as he can play LB in a pinch and he wont look lost like Duke or Vic.

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

1 hour ago, Stryka said:

Special Teams is a 3rd of the game. Dude is also quality depth. Still very athletic but can play any LB spot. Very solid signing. 

I don't know man, he was a guy on the street that nobody wanted last year before the Falcons got some injuries.  He did seem to play better than Duke Riley.  I don't think the Falcons are hoping that Bruce Carter actually makes this football team though.

16 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I don't know man, he was a guy on the street that nobody wanted last year before the Falcons got some injuries.  He did seem to play better than Duke Riley.  I don't think the Falcons are hoping that Bruce Carter actually makes this football team though.

He is resigned and he didnt spend a day off the active roster. He is literally our 4th LB.  Duke is the 5th.  You dont get resigned this early if they dont think they are going to make the team.

Geneaut and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

49 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Gotta find common ground.  Dude averages a very respectable 6.5 sacks a year.  He may see himself as a good starter and not just a rotational guy.  If so then his price tag may go from 4- 6 million to 8-10 million.  We shall see.  Would love to have him back as he can play LB in a pinch and he wont look lost like Duke or Vic.

Let Vic walk and give Irvin 3y/23m/15g. Lock him up cause he fits this scheme. Irvin and takk could be a decent tandem. Grab Oliver and it's a great 3rd and 5+ front line.

2 hours ago, Stryka said:

It won’t matter if your defense is one of the bottom feeders in NFL. I don’t hate the signing just a meh. It’s too early, so hopefully they start making some real moves once the clock starts.