Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Blank counting on co-team builders to lead a turnaround

66 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

I don’t remember Levitre or Chester being big splash acquisitions when we got them.

Good reminder.

6 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Dare we look at the talent on our offense and defensive lines? I don't recall the rams having to use ben Garland at nose tackle and guard .  rams have incredible talent at all levels of their defense and their offensive line is filled with vets that could start anywhere.  Falcons offensive line have guys who couldn't even start for their college team.

Snead built that roster and built it from the ground up. Yeah they don't have Julio Jones but they have a scheme and offensive line that the falcons dont have

You mean that dream team Rams team that scored 3 points in the SB?

JDaveG, FalconBlood and Cole World like this

6 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Dare we look at the talent on our offense and defensive lines? I don't recall the rams having to use ben Garland at nose tackle and guard .  rams have incredible talent at all levels of their defense and their offensive line is filled with vets that could start anywhere.  Falcons offensive line have guys who couldn't even start for their college team.

Snead built that roster and built it from the ground up. Yeah they don't have Julio Jones but they have a scheme and offensive line that the falcons dont have

They also stumbled into a draft day trade that allowed them to build what they have.Before that they were garbage.

We went into there house last year full strength and kicked there ***.

The Falcons roster is as talented as there is in the league when at full strength.We should fear nobody.

Cole World and JDaveG like this

Firing DQ would be so dumb. This team has never looked better in the playoffs. Even when we lose, the fire is there. We should’ve already close out one Super Bowl. 

DQ appears to be bad at picking coaches, but when he gets it right, he gets it RIGHT.

I don’t care what anyone says. I’d ride DQ until Ryan retires at minimum. 

BB was fired from the Browns. Look how that turned out. 

I don’t ever see DQ becoming BB (I don’t see any coach every becoming him), but DQ could easily become the second best HC in the league. No doubt in my mind. He’s for sure one of the top DCs and nobody is questioning that. 

Francis York Morgan and JDaveG like this

Idc just bring in ppl that's actually gonna be a help to the lines and not a liability..get Julio and Grady taken care of first then do what u have to do.they have a 100 million dollar qb..all that doesnt make a difference if he is running for his life.stop talking and get the **** done.

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi has drafted two OLinemen in the first round during his tenure. It took both of them years to become competent. Relying on the draft to fix what is supposedly our biggest hole and highest priority is a mistake IMO.

I guess we should just stick to WRs and CBs in the first then? 

If this is the logic, why ever pick an OL in the first? 

egoprime II and Flying Falcon like this

4 minutes ago, vel said:

I guess we should just stick to WRs and CBs in the first then? 

If this is the logic, why ever pick an OL in the first? 

As long as Dimi is our GM this is a valid question.

Flying Falcon likes this

On 2/11/2019 at 0:36 PM, Caddieman said:

I find it laughable when people blast TD for his draft picks when Blank just said DQ has finial say on the roster. 

I think he only has final say on the options he is presented with. I’ll just take the best player at every position and call it a year.

“The advantage of bringing back Dirk Koetter is that he had good balance when he was with the Falcons,” Blank said. “In Tampa he had a great balance as well. He respects the running game really deeply.”

Better get yourself checked for alzheimer's Blank. 

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

To me Simmons is a 3T. If we re-sign Grady in free agency our biggest hole on defense is 1T not 3T. I don't think there's a 1T worth the #14 pick. I'm not wowed by Jonah so I'm not reaching for him either. I hope we fix our needs in free agency and go BPA. If a guy like Devin White dropped to us I'd be all over him. Imagine if we patch up the 1T spot in free agency, put Devin White at MLB and move Debo out to WLB. Our LB unit would be scary fast and physical. The run defense would be fixed.

That’s some good insight actually. I thought Simmons looked like a 1T the way he is built. I still like D Lawrence. From what I gather here the 1T wouldn’t have to play a lot of snaps, just on first two downs, therefore not a lot of high investment needs to be made. However, I think, just like the 0, it’s time to stop filling in the trenches with lower round picks. 

Flying Falcon likes this

How could anyone read that interview and conclude TD is just in charge of salary cap and that he no longer is involved in player acquisition?

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, Flying Falcon said:

Well, looks like Quinn will be fired and we will be keeping TD again if this doesnt work with these small, weak OL.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So the offensive-line help will have to come from low-budget free agents, the draft or from players on the roster. 

Oh boy.

• Low Budget Free Agents - tried this forever
  • The Draft - will likely take draft picks two or three years to settle in
  • Players On The Roster - laughable

Dimi better get this right or it might be his turn to go.

.And so, once again, ZBS run capable linemen will be taking precedence over finding quality pass blockers for our most valuable asset, Matt Ryan.  

Ever notice that, when talking about the O line, the Falcons braintrust always talks about finding ZBS run capable blockers?   As if pass blocking is assumed to just, you know....happen.

The Patriots have nine SB appearances in 18 years.  One reason is they emphasize protecting Tom Brady. 

Why does Matt Ryan need to get injured before TD and DQ finally 'get it'?

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

.And so, once again, ZBS run capable linemen will be taking precedence over finding quality pass blockers for our most valuable asset, Matt Ryan.  

Ever notice that, when talking about the O line, the Falcons braintrust always talks about finding ZBS run capable blockers?   As if pass blocking is assumed to just, you know....happen.

The Patriots have nine SB appearances in 18 years.  One reason is they emphasize protecting Tom Brady. 

Why does Matt Ryan need to get injured before TD and DQ finally 'get it'?

You're gonna die on this hill aren't you?

1 minute ago, vel said:

You're gonna die on this hill aren't you?

Not me, no.

Matt Ryan might, though....

EDIT:  I get the meaning of your post, Vel.  Lots of us had a good discussion in that other thread?  Bottom line...I put more 'weight' into certain aspects of the game of football, than you do.  I reckon we can agree that we disagree.

Edited by egoprime II
Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Not me, no.

Matt Ryan might, though....

You literally have no proof nor real understanding of OL play if you think a ZBS scheme automatically results in sub par pass blocking. 

I'll leave it at that. 

30 minutes ago, vel said:

You literally have no proof nor real understanding of OL play if you think a ZBS scheme automatically results in sub par pass blocking. 

I'll leave it at that. 

I was in the middle of editing my post to say, basically, the same thing.  I'll add:  if we all agreed on everything, then this site would be -awfully- boring...

Take care, and have a good day.

Edited by egoprime II
vel likes this