Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Blank counting on co-team builders to lead a turnaround

66 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Why should we be penny pinching when it comes to the OL? This has gone on far too long.

We didn't penny pinch at all.

We just invested unwisely; overpaying for veterans who had already crested the top of the performance bell curve and were bound to regress or start breaking down physically.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We have as strong a roster as rams do. Stronger in some areas, weaker in others....but overall our roster is up there with any team in football.

Our talent is not the problem.

Dare we look at the talent on our offense and defensive lines? I don't recall the rams having to use ben Garland at nose tackle and guard .  rams have incredible talent at all levels of their defense and their offensive line is filled with vets that could start anywhere.  Falcons offensive line have guys who couldn't even start for their college team.

Snead built that roster and built it from the ground up. Yeah they don't have Julio Jones but they have a scheme and offensive line that the falcons dont have

Edited by R_The_Great
egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Dare we look at the talent on our offense and defensive lines? I don't recall the rams having to use ben Garland at nose tackle and guard .  rams have incredible talent at all levels of their defense and their offensive is filled with vets that could start anywhere.  Falcons offensive line have guys who couldn't even start for their college team

Pretty sure Ben Garland did not play any nose tackle. And He wouldn’t have played any OG if not for injuries losing both our starters. 

But you keep being you, i’ll stand by what I said. There’s Nothing inherently wrong with the overall talent on our roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

We didn't penny pinch at all.

We just invested unwisely; overpaying for veterans who had already crested the top of the performance bell curve and were bound to regress or start breaking down physically.

Dude, I still cant get over that Sam Baker contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pretty sure Ben Garland did not play any nose tackle. And He wouldn’t have played any OG if not for injuries losing both our starters. 

But you keep being you, i’ll stand by what I said. There’s Nothing inherently wrong with the overall talent on our roster. 

Some things and people don't change...at all...:lol:

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

We didn't penny pinch at all.

We just invested unwisely; overpaying for veterans who had already crested the top of the performance bell curve and were bound to regress or start breaking down physically.

Ots don't typically fall off a cliff as early as Schraeder did... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

We have one of the most expensive offensive lines in the league.... Why do you guys keep saying this when you know it's not true?

Serious cases of ADD, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Can’t help myself man, gotta call him out on his BS every once in while. 

I still want to know of this college team of ours, to be fair.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

Dare we look at the talent on our offense and defensive lines? I don't recall the rams having to use ben Garland at nose tackle and guard .  rams have incredible talent at all levels of their defense and their offensive line is filled with vets that could start anywhere.  Falcons offensive line have guys who couldn't even start for their college team.

Snead built that roster and built it from the ground up. Yeah they don't have Julio Jones but they have a scheme and offensive line that the falcons dont have

The Falcons had a top tier OL in 2016. Imagine if they had a 37 year old LT and 33 center with no back ups and both of those guys got hurt. You'd be the first one in here calling TD an idiot for relying on a 37 year old LT and not finding a proven back up All Star LT in the wings. HeIl, you'd probably be bringing up how stupid he was for taking Greg Robinson at #2 overall when studs like Matthews and Lewan were waiting right there. 

Shut up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

What the heck?  Orlando, as usual, doesn’t proof read. Nor do his colleagues at the AJC properly edit his work.

How, for the love of the English language, is this even possible as a professional sports writer?

He, and they, should be held accountable. Obviously they have low standards.

Otherwise I enjoyed the article.  I don’t believe he’s a bad writer, it’s just that nobody, including himself, reviews & refines his work.  

Hedid tell us Koetter was coming back.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vel said:

The Falcons had a top tier OL in 2016. Imagine if they had a 37 year old LT and 33 center with no back ups and both of those guys got hurt. You'd be the first one in here calling TD an idiot for relying on a 37 year old LT and not finding a proven back up All Star LT in the wings. HeIl, you'd probably be bringing up how stupid he was for taking Greg Robinson at #2 overall when studs like Matthews and Lewan were waiting right there. 

Shut up. 

The best part of his post is that Goff was under pressure all night while Brady could have done a 3D puzzle during plays he had so much time which blows his narrative right out of the water.

Do people like this even watch football?  If they do, do they understand what they are watching?  Guessing no on both fronts...

Ergo Proxy, Vandy, vel and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So the offensive-line help will have to come from low-budget free agents, the draft or from players on the roster. 

Oh boy.

  • Low Budget Free Agents - tried this forever
  • The Draft - will likely take draft picks two or three years to settle in
  • Players On The Roster - laughable

Dimi better get this right or it might be his turn to go.

If we draft OL it better be at 14. I do not trust Dimi to draft OL after the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, athell said:

The best part of his post is that Goff was under pressure all night while Brady could have done a 3D puzzle during plays he had so much time which blows his narrative right out of the water.

Do people like this even watch football?  If they do, do they understand what they are watching?  Guessing no on both fronts...

He's still watching James Stone highlights

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

We didn't penny pinch at all.

We just invested unwisely; overpaying for veterans who had already crested the top of the performance bell curve and were bound to regress or start breaking down physically.

We didn't penny pinch. But with levitre gone, shraeder a likely cut, and jettisoning Fusco saves us like 3.5m bc IDC us keeping him for 5m this season. All our money is invested in two positions if this happpens. Would it not be time to poney up and pay for a top-tier RT? I truly believe a pro bowl RT would help both guards bc both would be sandwitched on either side by a pro bowl or all-pro Calibre lineman.

Did I misspell sandwitched? That doesn't look right. Sorry for the run-on sentence too.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vel said:

Won't be surprised if they roll with Schraeder and Sambrailo at RT to battle it out and bank on fixing the interior. TD already made the comment that guys transfer quicker at OG coming out of college. Should tell you what you need to know. Doubt they go OG at #14, which means they're probably looking hard at DL there then fixing the interior OL in the 2nd/3rd. 

Sambrailo actually looked pretty good last year at RT. Any chance we stick with him? He would look better also with better G play next to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Hedid tell us Koetter was coming back.

I was referring to him hacking up his writing. No proof reading & editing, which makes him look much less skillful & professional than what he probably deserves.  

But to your point, he’s always one of the main sources for information.  But he oftentimes falls short of the mark on stories or coming across as less than professional.  This has been going on for years though.  

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If we draft OL it better be at 14. I do not trust Dimi to draft OL after the first.

Dimi has drafted two OLinemen in the first round during his tenure. It took both of them years to become competent. Relying on the draft to fix what is supposedly our biggest hole and highest priority is a mistake IMO.

egoprime II and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, athell said:

The best part of his post is that Goff was under pressure all night while Brady could have done a 3D puzzle during plays he had so much time which blows his narrative right out of the water.

Do people like this even watch football?  If they do, do they understand what they are watching?  Guessing no on both fronts...

I mean yeah the Rams couldn’t win the LOS on D or O despite the supposed vaunted roster creations. :shrug: 

But I guess if we don’t want to blame coaches for gameplans or in game adjustments we can just blame roster configuration...healthy or not...or all things worth trying to blame. Just keep tearing down. I could GM in my sleep! I got Madden on auto-sim. Impressed yet?!

Blame of the week...grass is greener btw-

B5BSVqH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Flying Falcon and athell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So the offensive-line help will have to come from low-budget free agents, the draft or from players on the roster. 

Oh boy.

  • Low Budget Free Agents - tried this forever
  • The Draft - will likely take draft picks two or three years to settle in
  • Players On The Roster - laughable

Dimi better get this right or it might be his turn to go.

who you taking in the first round if both available:  Jeff SImmons, DT, or Jonah Williams, OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

who you taking in the first round if both available:  Jeff SImmons, DT, or Jonah Williams, OT

To me Simmons is a 3T. If we re-sign Grady in free agency our biggest hole on defense is 1T not 3T. I don't think there's a 1T worth the #14 pick. I'm not wowed by Jonah so I'm not reaching for him either. I hope we fix our needs in free agency and go BPA. If a guy like Devin White dropped to us I'd be all over him. Imagine if we patch up the 1T spot in free agency, put Devin White at MLB and move Debo out to WLB. Our LB unit would be scary fast and physical. The run defense would be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Ots don't typically fall off a cliff as early as Schraeder did... 

No they dont, but I was mainly talking about the other FA investments at guard. 

I dont blame anyone for not knowing Schraeder would collapse like he did. No one could have seen that.

egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0