mashburn*Fibonacci

Bob sutton hired as senior assistant

62 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

Sutton has had some really good defenses over the years.  Wouldn't mind having him help break down film, too. 

Not sure what happened last year, but from 2013-2016 KC's defense was 5th, 2nd, 3rd and 7th in points.  But they were 24th last year and that's what got him fired.   

He's *** as a coach. His only good defense is where he was stacked with talent.

Do we know if he's good at game/clock management? He's just a name we've heard. Just because he's coached for 100 years doesn't mean he's good at this.

11 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Koetter, mularkey, quinn, sutton. Man that's a hard hitting set up of coaches.  Not sure if I've ever seen a more powerful coach team 

Is this a joke?

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

You mean the 4 defenses in a row that were top 7, 3 top 5? K bro

Better than literally anyone we've had and he's not even our DC, but K

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You mean the 4 defenses in a row that were top 7, 3 top 5? K bro

Better than literally anyone we've had and he's not even our DC, but K

Yeah and they've had more talent than we ever had. Hali, Houston, Poe, Thomas, Berry, etc. Those defenses were stacked. 

I like how you guys leave out the fact his defense was 15th last year and only got worse every year besides one year they improved (from his first year to his second).

I see a lot of new changes in coaches on the Falcons this year.  Can someone tell me again what is DQ job now????????????????  

1 minute ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

I see a lot of new changes in coaches on the Falcons this year.  Can someone tell me again what is DQ job now????????????????  

He is still the head coach - but he will take on the roll of DC as well - including calling the plays.   This is why he will need some help managing those areas he already struggles with during the game, time management, replays, etc.

The Daywalker likes this

18 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Whether he is or isn't doesn't matter. Sutton wasn't hired to coach. His role is something more akin to a project manager--making sure the overall operation on the field runs smoothly and that the team is making the best use of their time and resources (e.g. time outs).

octoslash and Doctor Kildare like this

14 minutes ago, JerseyNo11 said:

Whether he is or isn't doesn't matter. Sutton wasn't hired to coach. His role is something more akin to a project manager--making sure the overall operation on the field runs smoothly and that the team is making the best use of their time and resources (e.g. time outs).

I know. I'm not arguing about that. I'm arguing the fact certain posters think he'll help the defense when that's not his role and if it was he still would do a **** job at it.

2 hours ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

He'll hand out juice boxes and take the team out for ice cream after practice.

Ohio Dirty Bird likes this