Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Patriots looking to trade for julio? (Rumor)

85 posts in this topic

The Pats know firsthand better than anyone that having Julio doesn't automatically equal a SB win.

The Pats didn't win a SB the 3 years they had Randy Moss.

On top of that, they've won 3 of the last 5 SBs w/ WRs like Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell, & Chris Hogan.

No way in Hades they'd give up the farm for Julio... or any other WR.

10 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

i don't know where this person heard this from. Nor have I ever heard of this guy. You think it has any truth at all? Because patriots would have to give up a lot.  I really think it would take 2 complete year drafts.  

Who ever tweeted this went FULL STUPID. NEVER GO FULL STUPID!

Flying Falcon likes this

They, like everybody else since 2011, have won the SB without a Julio Jones. They also have no track record of paying the money he wants to basically anybody. There isn’t one valid argument anyone can make to back up a claim like that.

FalconFanSince1970 and rugger8 like this

16 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

i don't know where this person heard this from. Nor have I ever heard of this guy. You think it has any truth at all? Because patriots would have to give up a lot.  I really think it would take 2 complete year drafts.  

I would have my fingers crossed if i was JJ

10 hours ago, thanat0s said:

They, like everybody else since 2011, have won the SB without a Julio Jones. They also have no track record of paying the money he wants to basically anybody. There isn’t one valid argument anyone can make to back up a claim like that.

Exactly. They would both be giving the farm in exchange to aquire him while also having to make him possibly the highest paid wr in the n.f.l. neither of those moves is B.B

They could make a run at A.B. but still don't see them paying a w.r. like that

thanat0s likes this

4 hours ago, Stolenn87 said:

I would have my fingers crossed if i was JJ

No way they would pay him as much as we would. B.B. going to mortgage the future in picks,And give a wr an unprecedented contract( that you know Julio is all about the guaranteed money)? B.B. wouldn't do either of those things, much less both. Julio gets injured and your dynasty is over.

22 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They have won all their SB’s without a vertical threat.  Don’t see that changing.  It’s more likely Belichick would trade for his guy, Sanu

You are dead on ,,  You can not win with a high paid WR,  The patriots know how to spread out the money to build depth and win championships .  Julio will get paid high money. 

thanat0s likes this

23 hours ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

You are dead on ,,  You can not win with a high paid WR,  The patriots know how to spread out the money to build depth and win championships .  Julio will get paid high money. 

Moss. 

I think the trade would make a lot of sense.  We are not really in a financial situation to spend more money on Julio.  We already have other good receivers and really need to invest in the trenches.

I think if they gave us a first this year and next, it would be worth the trade.  Julio is only going to decline from here.  I think he has 2 elite seasons left.

rugger8 likes this

Just now, DogIsYourName said:

I think the trade would make a lot of sense.  We are not really in a financial situation to spend more money on Julio.  We already have other good receivers and really need to invest in the trenches.

I think if they gave us a first this year and next, it would be worth the trade.  Julio is only going to decline from here.  I think he has 2 elite seasons left.

Also, the Patriots need someone to take over the Gronk role.  Basically a big dude that is a physical mismatch to go with their quick receivers.

23 hours ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

I disagree. Just because the Patriots win without elite receivers doesn't mean that is the only way to win. There are plenty of ways to win the NFL. The Falcons are a MUCH better team with Julio than without him. 

Vandy likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

What you’re about to read is based on a true story.  Reader discretion is advised:

Julio Jones makes more than the entire Patriots Offensive Line 

No did not even think about that.  

On 2/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, Knight of God said:

Just give the Patriots another SB

Why not? Plus then Julio will get a SB and he deserves one. He ain't gonna get one with the Road Runner cartoon of an OL and pass rush we keep trotting out there every year.

Knight of God likes this

On 2/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, UniteandConquer said:

Not happening and Bengals are not going to trade away their best player 

But let's be real - if your best player is a WR, your team has a problem. Julio is nice to have but you don't win Superb Owls on the back of a WR. Same could be said for AJ.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

What you’re about to read is based on a true story.  Reader discretion is advised:

Julio Jones makes more than the entire Patriots Offensive Line 

Which makes the deal even sweeter....lol

Falconsin2012 likes this