Falcons_Frenzy

This makes sense

18 posts in this topic

Not to jump on Quinn again, but I noticed that article talking about the culture... how hard it is on the practice field at times, there is a way you are expected to practice, etc. We've also all heard talk about BB being a perfectionist, so I am sure they go over every little detail again and again and again...

So how does that compare to the Atlanta Falcons concern with their "practice music playlist"? For some strange reason I'm not imagining BB spending a lot of time on the need to choose appropriate music to raise the enthusiasm level for practice.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If all it took was reading an article on why the pats are so good at what they do then every team would do it. You can't copy what the pats do. Stop thinking you can. 

You're probably right. Nobody else will put in the work that they do. Most if not all of this is foreign to the Falcons. We expect the Falcons to be them or beat them. How without the effort or work? 

TheUsualStuff likes this

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If all it took was reading an article on why the pats are so good at what they do then every team would do it. You can't copy what the pats do. Stop thinking you can. 

Obviously not everything mentioned can be duplicated. However there are things that can be. For example cross training players for multiple positions, place more value on intelligence, get tougher mentally/physically, everyone be about the team.

22 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Not to jump on Quinn again, but I noticed that article talking about the culture... how hard it is on the practice field at times, there is a way you are expected to practice, etc. We've also all heard talk about BB being a perfectionist, so I am sure they go over every little detail again and again and again...

So how does that compare to the Atlanta Falcons concern with their "practice music playlist"? For some strange reason I'm not imagining BB spending a lot of time on the need to choose appropriate music to raise the enthusiasm level for practice.

Good point. While Quinn is trying to find the right 2 Pac song BB and company are cross training to play multiple positions and studying opponents inside and out.

And...some that have left the Pats cried that they had no FUN! ****, millionaires crying about having no fun at work. 

Just imagine, bytchin to your employer you ain’t having fun at work. Would not want cops to have fun at work would we?! What would justify fun at work for them, or a soldier deployed? 

Eventhough it’s a game, it’s a money making enterprise whereas the fans spending money, only care about wins and loses, not players having fun! Jeeze

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm so tired of this board's infatuation with the ******* Patriots.

I gotta admit it.....Im kind of sick of it too...( no offense Op)

Malachore likes this

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm so tired of this board's infatuation with the ******* Patriots.

I guess we could talk about what the Browns have done to put all the Lombardi's they have in their trophy case....  oh wait.

4 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I guess we could talk about what the Browns have done to put all the Lombardi's they have in their trophy case....  oh wait.

It isn't anything against you it just gets old. We're the Falcons, not the Patriots and if we win one we'll still be the Falcons.

But mostly **** the Patriots.

Falconsfan567 likes this

We need to understand that BB is an alltime great. Quinn, McVay, Sean Payton, Doug Pederson, all these coaches are good coaches but arent BB. 

Melo, Harden, Dirk, Parker, Kyrie. All good basketball players. They aren't Lebron.

Sometimes in sports there are just alltime greats that are simply going to be better than the field and everyone will try to compare and compete but you just can't. It doesn't happen all the time but its happening now with BB and we kind of just have to accept it. 

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It isn't anything against you it just gets old. We're the Falcons, not the Patriots and if we win one we'll still be the Falcons.

But mostly **** the Patriots.

Haha all good man. I get it. I hate them too. 

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Obviously not everything mentioned can be duplicated. However there are things that can be. For example cross training players for multiple positions, place more value on intelligence, get tougher mentally/physically, everyone be about the team.

I remember Smitty being very big on both of those points and how often this message board would whine and ***** about how "the reason we suck is because we're focused too much on training players to play everywhere instead of investing in making sure they are the absolute very best they can be at one position." I also remember "all the Falcons care about drafting is team captain types who are smart and not badasses that know how to play."

6 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

We need to understand that BB is an alltime great. Quinn, McVay, Sean Payton, Doug Pederson, all these coaches are good coaches but arent BB. 

Melo, Harden, Dirk, Parker, Kyrie. All good basketball players. They aren't Lebron.

Sometimes in sports there are just alltime greats that are simply going to be better than the field and everyone will try to compare and compete but you just can't. It doesn't happen all the time but its happening now with BB and we kind of just have to accept it. 

I get what you're saying but it's not like they're unbeatable. One of BB's keys to success is to study his opponents through and through. If everyone just decides the Patriots are the best and there's nothing that can be done about it then what is everyone else striving for?