128 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Arian Foster was Marcus Allen like.  A glider and strider.  Smooth.  Snell is a punishing physical runner.  Dont want him before the 3rd or 4th and truthfully wouldnt take a back on day 1 or 2 no matter what. 

I like Snell but you can find RBs almost anywhere.  I am in favor of a power guy but our offense was always more fun and unpredictable with a home run guy. Burner and Norwood were amazing to watch, then you bring in Snelling who is another versatile back and we have a great backfield.   I want Devonta to be the starter, I didnt like the drafting of Ito because he is Freeman-lite-lite.  A poor mans version of what we have.  I wanted someone to replace Colemans catching and home run ability.  Then to add a physical type.   I just think it gives the defense that much more to look at and think about.

A shifty starter who has speed and can beat you deep but also has a physical presence. Freeman

A speedy scatback 3rd down type to spell the starter and create mismatches for big plays. Ito is some of this minus long speed.

A bruiser who runs through defenses, short yardage guy but not so immobile that he cant get to edge or make a guy miss.  Snell fits this.

Ditto....Man, you are in my brain today.

Ito is a lesser version of freeman, IMO.

Holyfield and snell are intriguing for that bruiser role.  But not before 4th round, we should focus on both sides of line Rds 1-3. 

No one else believes Hunt > Freeman and at 1 mil per year Browns got a deal? I mean, couldnt we offer Hunt 1.2 mil? I know Hunt will probably miss some games due to suspension.. But who really believes Freeman is going to play all 16?

18 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No one else believes Hunt > Freeman and at 1 mil per year Browns got a deal? I mean, couldnt we offer Hunt 1.2 mil? I know Hunt will probably miss some games due to suspension.. But who really believes Freeman is going to play all 16?

He’ll play more than hunt will, without any of the riff raff.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

So far, I like Elijah Holyfield from UGA & Trayveon Williams from A&M which if they fall a bit may offer some nicer mid-late round promise.

Vandy likes this

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He’ll play more than hunt will, without any of the riff raff.

Im all about a healthy Freeman, but I just cant believe it till i see it. Hunt was a steal at 1 mil.. Browns actually may do something next season 

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡
Vandy likes this

23 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So far, I like Elijah Holyfield from UGA & Trayveon Williams from A&M which if they fall a bit may offer some nicer mid-late round promise.

We both know Falcons aint gonna draft Holyfield.. Wish we would, but its just not a Falcons thing to do

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Betcha a $1 he doesn’t go before Rd 4.

Didn't we make a bet on trufant last off-season? How about winner pays for parking at the NFCCG in Atlanta this year?

Sony, and Chubb go in first and second. I think New deal has 3rd written all over him. 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Didn't we make a bet on trufant last off-season? How about winner pays for parking at the NFCCG in Atlanta this year?

Sony, and Chubb go in first and second. I think New deal has 3rd written all over him. 

Game on!

Re: Trufant We probably did.....and i’ll Let you research exactly what that bet was. My mantra has always been Tru’s the better corner than Alford. Even though they both stunk last year, Alford was worse.

Never said anything about Sony and Chubb, they both went about where I expected they would. But i’d Be very surprised to see Holyfield (who I like) go before 4th round. 

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We both know Falcons aint gonna draft Holyfield.. Wish we would, but its just not a Falcons thing to do

LOL, IKR!?

Excellent vision & feet with surprising power at first contact.  

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Game on!

Re: Trufant We probably did.....and i’ll Let you research exactly what that bet was. My mantra has always been Tru’s the better corner than Alford. Even though they both stunk last year, Alford was worse.

Never said anything about Sony and Chubb, they both went about where I expected they would. But i’d Be very surprised to see Holyfield (who I like) go before 4th round. 

I understand why you would think that. As you've said he doesn't have the body of work to show it. However, to me, that isn't a big disadvantage. If I'm a G.M I see enough game film to know the kind of runner I'm getting and I'm getting a guy with very little tread compared to many rbs coming out. I think that's an advantage bamas running backs have as well.

Vandy likes this

7 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Without looking is that KC? I could see them target Love.

It’s actually Green Bay

NFL.com mock has four Bulldogs going in first two rounds

• by Jake Rowe
  • Feb 10, 8:37 AM
  8839546.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

The 2019 NFL Draft is just over a couple of months away. There's a lot to get done between now and then with the scouting combine, pro days, private workouts and more. Still, a number of draft analysts are putting out multi-round mocks and the latest three-round projection from Chad Reuter has four Georgia players going in the first two rounds.

Reuter has two Bulldogs going in the first round, including Paycom Jim Thorpe Award-winning cornerback Deandre Baker at No. 24 overall to the Oakland Raiders. He also has running back Elijah Holyfield going No. 30 overall to Green Bay.

"This guy is the Real Deal (a nickname that belongs to his famous father, Evander)," Reuter writes. "New HC Matt LaFleur wants to run -- and Aaron Jones, the Packers' leading rusher last season, has had three knee injuries in two seasons.

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

Wow 2012, that’s crazy. But my question is, does a CBS mock come complete with crayons too? :ninja:

Somebody salty tonight...lol 

ATLSlobberKnockers and Vandy like this

12 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s actually Green Bay

NFL.com mock has four Bulldogs going in first two rounds

• by Jake Rowe
  • Feb 10, 8:37 AM

8839546.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

The 2019 NFL Draft is just over a couple of months away. There's a lot to get done between now and then with the scouting combine, pro days, private workouts and more. Still, a number of draft analysts are putting out multi-round mocks and the latest three-round projection from Chad Reuter has four Georgia players going in the first two rounds.

Reuter has two Bulldogs going in the first round, including Paycom Jim Thorpe Award-winning cornerback Deandre Baker at No. 24 overall to the Oakland Raiders. He also has running back Elijah Holyfield going No. 30 overall to Green Bay.

"This guy is the Real Deal (a nickname that belongs to his famous father, Evander)," Reuter writes. "New HC Matt LaFleur wants to run -- and Aaron Jones, the Packers' leading rusher last season, has had three knee injuries in two seasons.

Somebody salty tonight...lol 

LOL 2012.....it was more a shot at CBS than it was Holyfield. I’ll believe it when I see it, and will eat my crow accordingly.

And FYI, Slobby owes me so much money on bets we’ve made over the years he would have to take out a HELOC from @g-dawg just to get back to even. :ninja:

g-dawg and Falconsin2012 like this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL 2012.....it was more a shot at CBS than it was Holyfield. I’ll believe it when I see it, and eat my crow accordingly.

And FYI, Slobby owes me so much money on bets we’ve made over the years he would have to take out a HELOC from @g-dawg just to get back to even. :ninja:

I just hope we are a bit more complex in our run game this year.  We have the players if the scheme is varied and well taught.  For example, Geoff Schwartz noted this from the SB:

Geoff Schwartz

I counted 16, yes 16, different types of runs the ran on Sunday. It’s so impressive how the Pats OL is able to execute all the nuances of each block within the schemes. It’s freaking awesome.  The Rams ran 3 types of runs
Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL 2012.....it was more a shot at CBS than it was Holyfield. I’ll believe it when I see it, and eat my crow accordingly.

Lol,  no chance Holyfield goes in 1st rd

DeAndre BakerCB - mid 1st

DeAndre Walker - 2nd

Riley Ridley - 3rd

Jonathan Ledbetter - 3rd

Lamont Gaillard - 3rd

Elijah Holyfield - 4th

Mecole Hardiman - 5th

Isaac Nauta - 5th

Vandy likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

Lol,  no chance Holyfield goes in 1st rd

DeAndre BakerCB - mid 1st

DeAndre Walker - 2nd

Riley Ridley - 3rd

Jonathan Ledbetter - 3rd

Lamont Gaillard - 3rd

Elijah Holyfield - 4th

Mecole Hardiman - 5th

Isaac Nauta - 5th

I think you’re pretty much spot on with my thinking G.

which pretty much guarantees it’ll probably go another direction entirely!

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I think you’re pretty much spot on with my thinking G.

which pretty much guarantees it’ll probably go another direction entirely!

the only two Dawgs that really interest me where they are likely to go is LEDBETTER and GAILLARD.   I believe both will be good pros.   I am very intrigued by Ledbetter as he is that  3-4 DE that is a little bit of a tweener but he got to play in 4 man front at Senior Bowl and showed a lot more passrush than many expected - We need a 270-280lb type guy that can bullrush the edge and believe he will be an even better pro than college player.   Could also kick inside on rush downs as well - I believe the Falcons need a player like Ledbetter.

Vandy likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

the only two Dawgs that really interest me where they are likely to go is LEDBETTER and GAILLARD.   I believe both will be good pros.   I am very intrigued by Ledbetter as he is that  3-4 DE that is a little bit of a tweener but he got to play in 4 man front at Senior Bowl and showed a lot more passrush than many expected - We need a 270-280lb type guy that can bullrush the edge and believe he will be an even better pro than college player.   Could also kick inside on rush downs as well - I believe the Falcons need a player like Ledbetter.

I hear you....I want Gaillard even more. 

g-dawg likes this