127 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t care, I’d take one in the first depending on the way FA goes. Some get so stuck in a one way or no way mindset. 

I don't see a RB worth 14 overall but if we could trade back and pick up 2 3rd rnd picks I would consider it at 25-30.

I agree if f.a. gives us an upgraded OL and DL predraft we could go rb when we choose to.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I don't see a RB worth 14 overall but if we could trade back and pick up 2 3rd rnd picks I would consider it at 25-30.

I agree if f.a. gives us an upgraded OL and DL predraft we could go rb when we choose to.

If I’d take one 14th I’d take him 26th.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 minute ago, HMFIC said:

Don't have a favorite but we will need more than one.  We don't know how healthy Freeman is, or will be through 16 games.  Ito is an average back, and we have no one to shoulder the load for a season if Free goes down again.  There will be plenty of good RBs in the draft, and we need a Freeman type, and a wall buster. 

Really feel Ito is going to show more than average ability. Really don't want two rooks being in rotation. Chances of that being effective is very low

39 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t care, I’d take one in the first depending on the way FA goes. Some get so stuck in a one way or no way mindset. 

Patriots broke the sacred rule and took Michel in the 1st.  Worked out well for them.  If they can do it, why not us?  We just don’t have a huge need if Free is healthy

19 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

People forget Turner was called the burner before he got thunder thighs. 

Funny a guy could go from being called the burner to being named after public transportation...

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Sweet. Thanks for the input. Watched the video and he is impressive. Another old school runner. Astin may be an upgrade over Ortiz as well. Love the response thank you. 

Plus I think he'll be available a little later in the draft.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Patriots broke the sacred rule and took Michel in the 1st.  Worked out well for them.  If they can do it, why not us?  We just don’t have a huge need if Free is healthy

Less holes than us.  For some reason they can get a guy off the scrap heap or in the later rounds and turn them into All-Pros.

I'm with KOG, if we get the lines right in FA then maybe we can trade back and get Jacobs in the late 1st.

15 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Plus I think he'll be available a little later in the draft.

Yeah I'd say he's projected 4-6, around where Ito was slated.

Astin would make a good PFA.

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Well taking one at 31 is a lot different than taking one at 14. 

Falcons In 2012 likes this

21 hours ago, Vandy said:

Michael Turner ran a 4.49 40. Snell might not break 4.70. 

I'm a Snell fan but he isn't very fast , I've watched him  for 3 yrs .... reminds me of a Arian Foster type but more power 

Vandy likes this

Let's post some highlights of your guys. When I can get on my laptop I will show my favorite mid rnd guys. It's a pain on this phone.

With the Snell to Turner comparison I'd expect a Snell highlight.

Personally? I'd like to see us sign TJ Yeldon.  He's got good hands coming out of the backfield and can run in our outside zone scheme.

3 hours ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Who cares? his game speed is awesome and he plays fast in pads. I do think he is faster than 4.70 though, some guys don't know how to run the 40 and are sometimes faster than their 40 would suggest...He runs violently and isn't easily brought down. Snell reminds me of turner as well.

https://withthefirstpick.com/2018/07/03/2019-nfl-draft-benny-snell-jr-is-a-name-you-need-to-know/

LOL, Some guys don’t know how to run a 40? One would think a pro athlete would have that figured out by now.

whatever....Like I said, I’m not down on him as long as we don’t overdraft him early. And my bigger point was in response to a previous poster comparing him to Michael Turner. 

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Plenty of film on him though. And Georgia running backs usually perform as you would expect a 2nd rnd pick to. He's conidered a pretty safe pick.

Betcha a $1 he doesn’t go before Rd 4.

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think CBS latest mock has him going #30 in the 1st

Wow 2012, that’s crazy. But my question is, does a CBS mock come complete with crayons too? :ninja:

Falcons In 2012 likes this

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, Some guys don’t know how to run a 40? One would think a pro athlete would have that figured out by now.

whatever....Like I said, I’m not down on him as long as we don’t overdraft him early. And my bigger point was in response to a previous poster comparing him to Michael Turner. 

Then you need to watch the combine. Lots of players learn and get a 40 yard dash coach because they don't have the mechanics down.

Vandy likes this

8 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Then you need to watch the combine. Lots of players learn and get a 40 yard dash coach because they don't have the mechanics down.

Don’t have time to do that like you must have, so  i’ll Take your word for it. 

Just sayin’ a running back running a 4.70/40 better hire Carl Lewis as his “running coach” then. 

Embrace the suck likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Don’t have time to do that like you must, so  i’ll Take your word for it. 

A  running back running a 4.70/40 better hire Carl Lewis then. 

Sometimes it makes a difference, knowing when to keep your head down and how to drive your feet can shave .2 seconds off a 40.

41 minutes ago, UK13 said:

I'm a Snell fan but he isn't very fast , I've watched him  for 3 yrs .... reminds me of a Arian Foster type but more power 

Arian Foster was Marcus Allen like.  A glider and strider.  Smooth.  Snell is a punishing physical runner.  Dont want him before the 3rd or 4th and truthfully wouldnt take a back on day 1 or 2 no matter what. 

I like Snell but you can find RBs almost anywhere.  I am in favor of a power guy but our offense was always more fun and unpredictable with a home run guy. Burner and Norwood were amazing to watch, then you bring in Snelling who is another versatile back and we have a great backfield.   I want Devonta to be the starter, I didnt like the drafting of Ito because he is Freeman-lite-lite.  A poor mans version of what we have.  I wanted someone to replace Colemans catching and home run ability.  Then to add a physical type.   I just think it gives the defense that much more to look at and think about.

A shifty starter who has speed and can beat you deep but also has a physical presence. Freeman

A speedy scatback 3rd down type to spell the starter and create mismatches for big plays. Ito is some of this minus long speed.

A bruiser who runs through defenses, short yardage guy but not so immobile that he cant get to edge or make a guy miss.  Snell fits this.

Vandy likes this