127 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, mqg96 said:

We need a big, ground and pound running back like a Turner, Snelling, CJ Anderson, or Chubb. Freeman and Ito are great but they are small quick guys like a Michel or Jacquizz. I think Benny Snell or Elijah Holyfield would be great. 

I love Brian Hill to fill that position ... A Ground Pound Running Back like Turner... But I am with you,, as far as getting another Big Back in this draft.. It's always good to have two Tanks on one team... As a backup..;)

mqg96 likes this

Bring in a young back or go with Hill. The team needs 2 decent RBs who can catch the ball and one who can fill in at times, usually late to spell the others. Coleman will be a loss but he can be replaced. Get the offensive line working and it doesn't matter who is back there.

Draftnut57 likes this

47 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Projections on him moving up to the 2nd round unfortunately 

This. Workout warriors tend to shoot up after combine and pro days. I'd be surprised if he isn't one of them.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

16 hours ago, E. T. said:

We need a big bruiser to get those tough yards....

I like Jacques Patrick- Fla. St.

Jordan Ellis- Virginia

Alex Barnes- K State.

These are good early middle to late round pickups.

We do need a power RB can gain yards when there is no hole.

E. T. likes this

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No joke, Jacobs looks like Sanu when blocking downfield.  It’s unreal.  And I believe he could move to the slot without skipping a beat.  Perfect Shannahan back

Unfortunately he is trending 1st round and I don’t see us jumping on him that early.  3rd round all day though

I agree with all you said. He was our best back.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Snell is my guy. Dude runs hard. Reminds me of turner a bit. 

Mine too.. he weighs about 225 and would a perfect compliment to Freeman. And runs with an attitude..

9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Does he have vision and lateral ability though??

Decent vision, hasn't really shown elite lateral ability to me. If your goal is to find a back with Coleman's attributes he's the guy. 

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The more I watch Wes Hills the more I think he might make the best pro. He reminds me of Andrews running style. 6'2 220 and will post a sub 4.5 40. Good hands and power.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I love Brian Hill to fill that position ... A Ground Pound Running Back like Turner... But I am with you,, as far as getting another Big Back in this draft.. It's always good to have two Tanks on one team... As a backup..;)

Take a look at Wes Hills

atlanta_dude likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Really? His body of work sure doesn’t deserve that kind of grade IMHO.  

Plenty of film on him though. And Georgia running backs usually perform as you would expect a 2nd rnd pick to. He's conidered a pretty safe pick.

Qadree Ollison

Big: Check

Acceleration to top speed in a short amount of time : Check

Stiff arm : Check

Protects ball : Check

Passionate : Check

Deals out punishment to defenders: Check

BTW : the guy that plays FB for them is a beast as well. Watch #35 drop guys on a lot of Qadree's runs.

Edited by Geneaut
FalconFanSince1970 likes this

17 hours ago, mqg96 said:

We need a big, ground and pound running back like a Turner, Snelling, CJ Anderson, or Chubb. Freeman and Ito are great but they are small quick guys like a Michel or Jacquizz. I think Benny Snell or Elijah Holyfield would be great. 

I like Holyfield.

Draftnut57 likes this

16 hours ago, mqg96 said:

That game was also the beginning of a special Falcons era we're still in today. Classic Burner Turner! Remember the Burner Turner song and rap! 

:( Man, I miss those days.......:(

Embrace the suck likes this

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Jacobs is my favorite RB in the draft but do you think we can even get him unless we use our first rounder?

He’s a pipe dream and fun topic. I’d be surprised if we got any RB worth having. Most likely some MB hero, average, with flashes

Embrace the suck likes this

18 hours ago, Vandy said:

Michael Turner ran a 4.49 40. Snell might not break 4.70. 

Who cares? his game speed is awesome and he plays fast in pads. I do think he is faster than 4.70 though, some guys don't know how to run the 40 and are sometimes faster than their 40 would suggest...He runs violently and isn't easily brought down. Snell reminds me of turner as well.

https://withthefirstpick.com/2018/07/03/2019-nfl-draft-benny-snell-jr-is-a-name-you-need-to-know/

4 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

Who cares? his game speed is awesome and he plays fast in pads. I do think he is faster than 4.70 though, some guys don't know how to run the 40 and are sometimes faster than their 40 would suggest...He runs violently and isn't easily brought down. Snell reminds me of turner as well.

https://withthefirstpick.com/2018/07/03/2019-nfl-draft-benny-snell-jr-is-a-name-you-need-to-know/

More like Snelling, but yeah. He’s good 

25 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Qadree Ollison

Big: Check

Acceleration to top speed in a short amount of time : Check

Stiff arm : Check

Protects ball : Check

Passionate : Check

Deals out punishment to defenders: Check

BTW : the guy that plays FB for them is a beast as well. Watch #35 drop guys on a lot of Qadree's runs.

Sweet. Thanks for the input. Watched the video and he is impressive. Another old school runner. Astin may be an upgrade over Ortiz as well. Love the response thank you. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Really? His body of work sure doesn’t deserve that kind of grade IMHO.  

I think CBS latest mock has him going #30 in the 1st