127 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

With all due respect, if you're saying Love is too slow you've never watched him play. 4.4 speed, rumored to be a 4.3. Dude is going to outperform his draft position of it's any later than the second, mark my words.

You may be right. I didn't do my research on how he has measured so idk what his time will be. I just know watching him a couple of times I never got the impression he would be sub 4.5 if he made it to the 4.5s

57 minutes ago, atlanta_dude said:

You may be right. I didn't do my research on how he has measured so idk what his time will be. I just know watching him a couple of times I never got the impression he would be sub 4.5 if he made it to the 4.5s

A slow guy doesn't have a video with this title, or the nickname "Baby Bolt" (after Usain)

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Michael Turner ran a 4.49 40. Snell might not break 4.70. 

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He is a bit of a plodder  i.mo. Check out David Montgomery

He is exactly that, a plodder. He has the shiftyness of a bakery truck. I think he is going to be a big disappointment in the NFL.

Vandy and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

17 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

He is exactly that, a plodder. He has the shiftyness of a bakery truck. I think he is going to be a big disappointment in the NFL.

I have yet to see a quickly moving bakery truck. 

1 hour ago, atlanta_dude said:

Big fan of Wes Hills and Elijah Holyfield in the later rounds. I don't personally get the love for Bryce Love or Snell. Too slow without any elite skills.

Love is the fastest back in this draft. Very coleman like one cut runner

Francis York Morgan likes this

43 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Maybe I should give him another shot. I saw him play twice and didn't come away overly impressed and wrote him off. I'll check some different games. 

1 minute ago, atlanta_dude said:

Maybe I should give him another shot. I saw him play twice and didn't come away overly impressed and wrote him off. I'll check some different games.

Like coleman the hole has to be there. If it's not he doesn't really create yards through the wall like Montgomery does

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Turner was the ultimate blend of power and speed as a RB.

If he hadn't spent all those seasons behind Tomlinson, we could very well be talking about a HOF RB right now.

I think folks forget just how good Turner was in his prime.

08: 1699 yds...17 tds.....16 games. Over 100yds a game and countless broken tackles. Explosive and powerful.

With 2 picks in the 4th and 2 in the 5th this year, Teco likely gone, and Free coming off injury, we will definitely draft one. Also depends on how much faith they have in Ito as the backup. 

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So? Watch them play. Two tenths of a second faster in a straight line doesn't tell you anything except maybe turner was slightly more explosive 

2 tenths at full pace is like between 2-3 yards that’s actually alot.

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Is Jacobs the boy from Bama because I’d have him he has the size and change of direction like Freeman.I don’t mind him.

He’s 215 at 5’11”. Played for Bama. Blocking is insane, receivers hands, burst and power.

JDaveG, slick0ne, Vandy and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

He’s 215 at 5’11”. Played for Bama. Blocking is insane, receivers hands, burst and power.

No joke, Jacobs looks like Sanu when blocking downfield.  It’s unreal.  And I believe he could move to the slot without skipping a beat.  Perfect Shannahan back

Unfortunately he is trending 1st round and I don’t see us jumping on him that early.  3rd round all day though

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Does he have vision and lateral ability though??

Give me an RB that can break a tackle

Free is good but he usually just powers extra yards and rarely shakes the tackle

Teco basically stops if he isnt in space

Ito is shifty and more likely to make guys miss than break a tackle

Give me Miles Sanders in mid rounds, expected to be a round 3-4 pick. Had to wait his turn behind Arguably one of the best college RBs ever (Barkley).

he didn’t disappoint when he got his chance. He has limited miles on him, was a 5 star RB recruit out of HS, and can do it all. Runs hard, has good wiggle. Many think he will be a better pro than college back even. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VmuYS11-4Ls

link to some runs this season, not just a hype clip either with 10 beat runs.

Ozigbo or Darrel Henderson out of Memphis. He is a absolute weapon in every aspect of the game. Run,receiving,returning. He is not the biggest back at 5'9 205 but he would help expand the offense.

Jacobs if we go for one early; and we might since Coleman is all but gone and Freeman being serviceable for a season is a HUGE question mark.

Holyfield if we wait just a little bit. *This is my preference by a mile.

Ozigbo, perhaps Snell, if we want a later round Hammer to be the compliment to Ito.  May be others; I haven't studied the RB group.

Flying Falcon likes this

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

Michael Turner ran a 4.49 40. Snell might not break 4.70. 

I wonder what his 10 yard dash time is,

GO FALCONS!!!!