128 posts in this topic

If/when tevin goes somewhere else I feel it's safe to say we will take a RB somewhere in the draft.

Assuming we address OL/DL in the first 2 rounds, which I feel is a fairly safe assumption, who do you like in rnd3 and on?

Currently Walter football has both Love, and Gaskin as 3rd rnd projections, but I don't see Love touching rnd 3.

I'm taking Gaskin or new deal in the 3rd, or L.J. Scott in the 4th.

Who you got? 

We need a big, ground and pound running back like a Turner, Snelling, CJ Anderson, or Chubb. Freeman and Ito are great but they are small quick guys like a Michel or Jacquizz. I think Benny Snell or Elijah Holyfield would be great. 

Edited by mqg96

18 minutes ago, E. T. said:

We need a big bruiser to get those tough yards....

I like Jacques Patrick- Fla. St.

Jordan Ellis- Virginia

Alex Barnes- K State.

These are good early middle to late round pickups.

I like Patrick too!!! I think he kinda gets lost. I think he is going to be a great pro!! Like Myles Gaskin but really want them to get Jalen Hurd, who can be a good big back and a Red Zone WR/TE threat.

56 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Michael Turner ran a 4.49 40. Snell might not break 4.70. 

So? Watch them play. Two tenths of a second faster in a straight line doesn't tell you anything except maybe turner was slightly more explosive 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So? Watch them play. Two tenths of a second faster in a straight line doesn't tell you anything except maybe turner was slightly more explosive 

When our line becomes legit again I'll shrug away that extra speed. For now any extra elusivness is welcomed lol

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

People forget Turner was called the burner before he got thunder thighs. 

Turner was the ultimate blend of power and speed as a RB.

If he hadn't spent all those seasons behind Tomlinson, we could very well be talking about a HOF RB right now.

29 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I like Patrick too!!! I think he kinda gets lost. I think he is going to be a great pro!! Like Myles Gaskin but really want them to get Jalen Hurd, who can be a good big back and a Red Zone WR/TE threat.

Patrick just needs some good coaching up. I think if utilized properly, he could be a dangerous weapon for some team. Hurd is good too.

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL. Yeah, right.

i have watched snell play, and FTR I like him.  But he’s no Michael Turner. 

If he's 90% of turner I'll take that too. Maybe he will be a better receiver than turner was to make up for the lack of top end. We need a physical runner like him tho.

Vandy likes this

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We ran him ragged ala Houston Oilers did with Earl Campbell.

I wouldn't say quite as bad as Campbell but yeah, Turner had to be the most used RB in the NFL during his time in Atlanta. Atleast Turner is still walking pretty much under his own power.

Even though he had a great run in Atlanta, I still wonder "what if?" when it comes to him leaving San Diego or becoming a starting RB much earlier than he did. Turner was already 26 years old when he joined the Falcons.

Vandy likes this

Big fan of Wes Hills and Elijah Holyfield in the later rounds. I don't personally get the love for Bryce Love or Snell. Too slow without any elite skills.

13 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That game was also the beginning of a special Falcons era we're still in today. Classic Burner Turner! Remember the Burner Turner song and rap! 

19 minutes ago, atlanta_dude said:

Big fan of Wes Hills and Elijah Holyfield in the later rounds. I don't personally get the love for Bryce Love or Snell. Too slow without any elite skills.

With all due respect, if you're saying Love is too slow you've never watched him play. 4.4 speed, rumored to be a 4.3. Dude is going to outperform his draft position of it's any later than the second, mark my words.

JDFIII and ATLSlobberKnockers like this