LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Do you see us keeping Schraeder and Fusco?

42 posts in this topic

I am trying to make a mock off-season, and trying to make it as realistic as possible. 

I was wondering what you all thought about our OL situation. The FA pool for guards is poor. The OL pool is above average, but would be expensive for a considerable upgrade.

The draft has a lot of first and second round OL, but I think we want to add some talent to the defense. 

Given this information, do you think our FO will give Schraeder and Fusco 1 more year, while only upgrading the LG spit early in the draft?

Or do you think we will cut ties with one, or both, Schraeder and Fusco to start an OL cleanse?

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

6 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I am trying to make a mock off-season, and trying to make it as realistic as possible. 

I was wondering what you all thought about our OL situation. The FA pool for guards is poor. The OL pool is above average, but would be expensive for a considerable upgrade.

The draft has a lot of first and second round OL, but I think we want to add some talent to the defense. 

Given this information, do you think our FO will give Schraeder and Fusco 1 more year, while only upgrading the LG spit early in the draft?

Or do you think we will cut ties with one, or both, Schraeder and Fusco to start an OL cleanse?

Depends entirely on who we get in FA and the draft.

10 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I cut both in my mock and wouldn't be surprised if Quinn does.

I mean he did say outside of Mack and Bloodline our OLine sucks.

Just put a post of Jawaan Taylor from Florida up in the draft and fa forum take a look at him.Hes a decent enough prospect and I think he maybe there when we pick at 14.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I cut both in my mock and wouldn't be surprised if Quinn does.

I mean he did say outside of Mack and Bloodline our OLine sucks.

I don't think that's what the man said... I think he meant more like besides those 2... the 3 other positions are up for grabs ..  

The O.D.B and Flying Falcon like this

Cutting Shraeder would give us an extra $7-8 million per year over the next 3-years. I expect he’s gone.  Fusco cut would only save us $3m this year and $4m next.  I expect he stays as depth, but he also costs us very little dead cap if TD and DQ think they can find a better option for $4m per.

42 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Just put a post of Jawaan Taylor from Florida up in the draft and fa forum take a look at him.Hes a decent enough prospect and I think he maybe there when we pick at 14.

As a Gator fan I love it but he’ll be gone before our pick.

Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

As a Gator fan I love it but he’ll be gone before our pick.

I got him and Cody Ford nose to nose at the moment.

I started a Florida thread about 2 and a half months or so ago and Taylor was the last guy I really bought up.

Im still wondering how I missed this guy lol and it took me that long to see how good he is :doh:

PokerSteve and KCFalcon22 like this

I think fusco stays. Schreader will be here until preseason is my guess. See if he can put it back together, or not. If not he will be cut then

20 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I got him and Cody Ford nose to nose at the moment.

I started a Florida thread about 2 and a half months or so ago and Taylor was the last guy I really bought up.

Im still wondering how I missed this guy lol and it took me that long to see how good he is :doh:

I think I saw that and I missed him until the Mississippi State game this year.  I kept looking at the big names.

How is Andy Levitre doing? I know he gets injured but he has experience and for the right price may be an option to keep for depth and mentor the OL we will draft

Just fyi - we can designate Schraeder a post June 1st cut without actually waiting that long to get the cap relief. Lets him explore his options too. You can do that with 2 players total I believe.

Personally - I see Fusco staying, and Schraeder either cut or restructured. Likely cut. Could see us bring back Levitre on a very cheap incentive based deal. He was easily our best guard when not injured, though Schweitzer is settling in at LG somewhat.

Either way, not too worried about LG. RG is the big issue.

Falconsin2012 and momak like this

I think we keep Fusco for depth due to a cheap price tag but RS will be cut with designate June 1st..Idk why some think we will actually keep him until then

I could see us keeping fusco due to cheapish contract and we just signed him last season! We need continuity on the line and the injuries did hurt us