Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atlbaby

If you were the Falcons GM and the Bucs wanted to trade McCoy for Beasley straight up

11 posts in this topic

Just a question.

If you were the Falcons GM and the Bucs wanted to trade McCoy for Beasley straight up would you do it?

Beasley currently has a 1 year - 12.8 million dollar deal which is fully guaranteed.

McCoy currently has 3 years left on his contract with a salary of 13M (2019), 12.5M (2020), 12.93M (2021) but NO guarantee money.

5 hours ago, atlbaby said:

Just a question.

If you were the Falcons GM and the Bucs wanted to trade McCoy for Beasley straight up would you do it?

Beasley currently has a 1 year - 12.8 million dollar deal which is fully guaranteed.

McCoy currently has 3 years left on his contract with a salary of 13M (2019), 12.5M (2020), 12.93M (2021) but NO guarantee money.

I'd say no, mostly just because McCoy's probably getting cut anyways and we could sign him for less if that happened. Jmho.

Beasley’s garnering alot of hate right now.

To me I think the biggest improvement this team makes is off the field with coaching.I want to see what this defense looks like with DQ at the reigns full time.

RedandBlack4ever likes this

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'd say no, mostly just because McCoy's probably getting cut anyways and we could sign him for less if that happened. Jmho.

Yeah but it’s a possibility if McCoy gets cut a team like the Browns who has more money than us and who can use a upgrade at DT would offer him more. 

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Beasley’s garnering alot of hate right now.

To me I think the biggest improvement this team makes is off the field with coaching.I want to see what this defense looks like with DQ at the reigns full time.

Oh I’m definitely not hating just simply asking a question. I like Beasley but it’s a strong chance he won’t be playing on the option of 12.8 million. If they rescind it and don’t have a deal in place, Beasley would become a FA on March 13th. 

16 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

Yeah but it’s a possibility if McCoy gets cut a team like the Browns who has more money than us and who can use a upgrade at DT would offer him more. 

I think that's ok though. We don't NEED McCoy, and we especially don't need to overpay him.

atlbaby and RedandBlack4ever like this

On 2/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, Cole World said:

No, Jeffery Simmons would be younger and cheaper. 

The guy with off the field issues and who just tore his ACL?

MSalmon likes this

9 hours ago, rings639 said:

The guy with off the field issues and who just tore his ACL?

Issues? You make it sound like it’s ongoing. He only had ONE issue that happened before his college career. 

And I’m not psychic. How did I know he was going to tear his ACL? 

but to answer your question YES, I will still draft him if he’s available when we pick in the 2nd, unless we somehow drafted Oliver in the 1st.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:12 AM, atlbaby said:

I think if he was cut and we offered him a similar deal he’d jump on the Falcons before going to Cleveland.

RedandBlack4ever and atlbaby like this

13 hours ago, Cole World said:

Issues? You make it sound like it’s ongoing. He only had ONE issue that happened before his college career. 

And I’m not psychic. How did I know he was going to tear his ACL? 

but to answer your question YES, I will still draft him if he’s available when we pick in the 2nd, unless we somehow drafted Oliver in the 1st.

I didn’t even look at the date, I pulled up an old browser window on my phone I think because it had that thread as the second down from the top so I assumed it was new.  I honestly thought you were trolling haha.  I would also like the idea of second if we went de or oline in the first.