Falcons Fan MVP

Will Dirk Koetter be our offensive coordinator at least 3 seasons?

40 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2019 at 3:08 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think Dirk Koetter will be a long term offensive coordinator for the Falcons? Hopefully him getting fired with Tampa bay will reduce the chances of somebody hiring him as a head coach if our offense is on fire. I expect our offense to play well as long as o line is competent. 

He will be here as long as Quinn, so the question is do you see DQ as the Falcons head coach the next 3 years

Flying Falcon likes this

I'd say yes,  but the fact that he has head coaching experience goes a long way.  If we have a top 5 offense and win the Super Bowl,  and some team is desperate enough (say NYG or Dallas) he could be gone.  Personally,  i'd rather him stay around until he retires.  

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Sorry to say, Koetter is a one-and-done type deal. After we win the SB next year he will be gone. 

If the Falcons win the SB which I have a feeling they will we can retire from being disappointed in not having a Lombardi.

Cheap Talk likes this

20 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I'd say yes,  but the fact that he has head coaching experience goes a long way.  If we have a top 5 offense and win the Super Bowl,  and some team is desperate enough (say NYG or Dallas) he could be gone.  Personally,  i'd rather him stay around until he retires.  

He is 60. He should stay in Atlanta for a while. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

38 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

He will be here as long as Quinn, so the question is do you see DQ as the Falcons head coach the next 3 years

Probably. We will see what Dan Quinn is made of in 2019. If we stay healthyish we should at least make the playoffs.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:08 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think Dirk Koetter will be a long term offensive coordinator for the Falcons? Hopefully him getting fired with Tampa bay will reduce the chances of somebody hiring him as a head coach if our offense is on fire. I expect our offense to play well as long as o line is competent. 

It depends on how good this team is next season.  If we ball out, and go deep into the Playoffs, make it to the SB and WIN, then most all of our coaches will be up for a head-coaching position.  But personally, if this happens, I think MM would be a stronger HC candidate than DK, simply because of the strong Titans team he helped build and the W-L record while he was there.  So, hopefully, DK will be around for a while, and finally give MR2 and the Falcons some badly needed continuity!  

35 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If the Falcons win the SB which I have a feeling they will we can retire from being disappointed in not having a Lombardi.

It won’t stop the whining though.  A week after the parade down Peachtree Street, us band of TATF’ers would start to to give voice to this:

”If only we’d run and kicked a field goal, we would have 2 Super Bowls.”

A satisfied fanatic doesn’t exist

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It won’t stop the whining though.  A week after the parade down Peachtree Street, us band of TATF’ers would start to to give voice to this:

3 SBs 2012 also

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He is 60. He should stay in Atlanta for a while. 

Yeah, if he is successful here it depends on a situation first opening and does he want to leave to be a HC again? That's the only scenario I see other than him being a failure here and getting fire. I don't see that. SO...let's roll.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

On 2/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, AtlantaFanatic said:

Part of me thinks the reason why we hired MM too is so when someone else hires DK next year, we already have the next guy on the staff. 

I really really hope Im wrong but I've got a Murphy's Law attitude with our franchise at this point. 

I can't really see Koetter getting another HC gig in the NFL (perhaps collge) after the lack of development that Jameis showed during his tenure.  I think he will likely be here for the foreseeable future. 

14 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Exactly!!