Falcons Fan MVP

Will Dirk Koetter be our offensive coordinator at least 3 seasons?

40 posts in this topic

Do you think Dirk Koetter will be a long term offensive coordinator for the Falcons? Hopefully him getting fired with Tampa bay will reduce the chances of somebody hiring him as a head coach if our offense is on fire. I expect our offense to play well as long as o line is competent. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

26 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Part of me thinks the reason why we hired MM too is so when someone else hires DK next year, we already have the next guy on the staff. 

I really really hope Im wrong but I've got a Murphy's Law attitude with our franchise at this point. 

Mularkey hiring was playing chess rather than checkers.  Planning ahead.  I love it.

But Mularkey’s track record as an HC is much better than Koetter’s...so maybe he gets plucked first

FalconJim likes this

This is for the long term as long as Matt is quarterback. Because this hiring was great fit for him. This hiring keeps the team balanced. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Probably not. If he sucks, him and DQ are gone. If he is the next Shannahan, he will be a head coach. He will have plenty of opportunities looking at the new head coaches that were just hired.

Lets achieve a winning record first, then perhaps make the playoffs, then maybe win our division, and maybe somehow win the big game.. 

But no one really has us making past the first round of playoffs next season so id say we have little to worry about DK going anywhere for the next 3 years 

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Lets achieve a winning record first, then perhaps make the playoffs, then maybe win our division, and maybe somehow win the big game.. 

But no one really has us making past the first round of playoffs next season so id say we have little to worry about DK going anywhere for the next 3 years 

The NFC is wide open. There are no dominate teams in the NFC. I'd say we should be a top contender going into 2019.

12 hours ago, Jesus said:

Depends.

Shanahan might be available in a season.

Theyll be better this year. Jimmy Grapes going down really hurt them and their developing team. 

If we don't make the playoffs hopefully Mr. Blanks fire everyone starting with the GM down to all the coaches

20 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Actually MM had Tony G, Julio and Roddy with Turner as RB and laid a 2 point egg against the Giants

thats being generous. Those 2 points came from the defense smh