Falcon Blitz

Matt Ryan

12 posts in this topic

These guys must play a real buttload of golf off-season, because it's not easy to make shots like that without a heck of a lot of experience.  I've been playing regularly (at least once or twice a month)  for going on five years and I still shoot a hundred.  If I make eight or ten really good shots over 18 holes, I'm happy lol. 

-

I used to play golf. I wanted to be a better player, but after a while I realized I'd always stink. And that's when I really started to enjoy the game.

-Don Rickles

39 minutes ago, octoslash said:

These guys must play a real buttload of golf off-season, because it's not easy to make shots like that without a heck of a lot of experience.  I've been playing regularly (at least once or twice a month)  for going on five years and I still shoot a hundred.  If I make eight or ten really good shots over 18 holes, I'm happy lol. 

-

I used to play golf. I wanted to be a better player, but after a while I realized I'd always stink. And that's when I really started to enjoy the game.

-Don Rickles

One thing I have learned over my years. Professional athletes, whether it is football, baseball, basketball, etc. tend to be very good at almost every other sport. They may not be the best at a sport they dont play professionally, but they are better than the average non athlete.

Edited by Hingle McCringleberry
papachaz and 4dabirds like this

40 minutes ago, octoslash said:

-

-Don Rickles

I would imagine Ryan plays probably two to three times a week. He probably has multiple club memeberships too. You know like I do, that you have to at least play (along with constant practice) that much to be a scratch golfer or at least someone who shoots in the high 70s. I don't play like I used too (couple times a week); but there was a time when I consistently shot low 80s, and I had to play lot to get there, and I lived in a golf community. It's a hard game.

I only hit two good balls today, and I had to step on a rake to do that.
-Bob Hope

Oldmanfan and papachaz like this

What if Matt Ryan played for the Eagles in the future? Maybe like he retires after having a great career with us and then comes back to play for the Eagles? And then we trade for him and win 2 more Super Bowls? That happened in one of my franchises in Madden. 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:47 AM, 4dabirds said:

I would imagine Ryan plays probably two to three times a week. He probably has multiple club memeberships too. You know like I do, that you have to at least play (along with constant practice) that much to be a scratch golfer or at least someone who shoots in the high 70s. I don't play like I used too (couple times a week); but there was a time when I consistently shot low 80s, and I had to play lot to get there, and I lived in a golf community. It's a hard game.

I only hit two good balls today, and I had to step on a rake to do that.
-Bob Hope

He also had lessons from top coaches and gets fitted with the best clubs.

papachaz likes this

1 hour ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

He also had lessons from top coaches and gets fitted with the best clubs.

I'm sure he's had lessons and he's got fitted clubs too; I've had lesson and fitted clubs as well, but I'm nowhere near being a scatch golfer like Ryan. It really comes down to how often you play, as to how good you really can be; even the most gifted golfers hit thousands of balls a week.