datchrisb1

Jerry Tillery DT

8 posts in this topic

This my guy in the second. Add a NT in FA, Sign Grady, and let them eat. 

Grady at the 3tech, Shelton at NT, Tillery at 5t on obvious running downs should he stout. 

He has some pass rush to him too. 

Reminds me of Chris Jones from KC. Long and mobile. 

Just watched a little bit on this guy.

Not overly explosive he doesn’t have that upfield burst you’d like.

Stout at the point of attack uses his length well.Good arm lockout keeping olineman out of his chest.

Slices and knifes gaps on occasion.

Not a bad prospect but I don’t think he’s urgent enough for what we are looking for.

Most people seem to like him but I have not watched him until right now and I agree I'm not seeing much of a burst. I wouldn't consider a player like that until the 3rd round, 

50 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Doesn’t he have character concerns or something? 

Not really character concerns.  Teams just question how committed he is to football.  He is a very diverse young man with a lot of different interests.

NeonDeion likes this

Posted (edited)

On 3/9/2019 at 2:13 AM, kiwifalcon said:

Just watched a little bit on this guy.

Not overly explosive he doesn’t have that upfield burst you’d like.

Stout at the point of attack uses his length well.Good arm lockout keeping olineman out of his chest.

Slices and knifes gaps on occasion.

Not a bad prospect but I don’t think he’s urgent enough for what we are looking for.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, Summerhill said:

Most people seem to like him but I have not watched him until right now and I agree I'm not seeing much of a burst. I wouldn't consider a player like that until the 3rd round, 

He's 6'6, 315, how much burst are you expecting? I'm more concerned about his leverage and hands, dude 6'6, that's a win win every time if he use good leverage with his pad level low and decent hands regardless of burst. Put, both arms out, stay low, he's longer than just about any OG in the league, do anything off of that, one arm, guard can't get to his body, most he could walk him right back there. He's a DT, if dude slices and knifes through gaps "on occasion", that's all the burst he needs, he's not a DE for us. That means occasionally he's the first guy off the line, that's enough burst for me.

Been a while since I watched him, but I do remember him being washed out when he couldn't use his length, when linemen get to his body they are able to control him. Pad level was an issue, he could anchor as long as he could also use his length. Not a fan of how he handles pulling guards. Main thing this dude is is a pass rusher inside, he has the burst.

Edited by datchrisb1

Posted (edited)

He's an inside pass rusher. He's not really an anchor type. He fits here because he's an up the field, play on the edge half a man guy. Not comparing him to Aaron Donald but those penetrating types, hate you getting to there bodies. Aaron Donald is so good, dang near impossible for you to get to his body with his good feet and hand usage. Tillery is the same way in that he wins on length, hand usage, playing on the edge of a guy. Either being first, or through length or technique putting himself in position to deal with half of that O lineman. That's why he fits, that's what Quin is looking for. Anchors, they don't really care if you get to there body, that's not this dude.

Edited by datchrisb1