Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NUPE

Who will be the one prized free agent that we sign?

49 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Stryka said:

It will be in the trenches. Frank Clark or Trenton Brown(although they may be concerned about scheme fit). 

Frank Clark is a pipedream. I wish.

11 hours ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

This board is all over the place when it comes to how much cap space we currently have after the cuts to Bryant, Reed, and Alford. I'm seeing everywhere from 24 mil to 35 mil. Obviously I hope you're right. Remember though, they may have to front-load some contracts this year so that next year they can sign Debo and Neal. Even if we just got the 2 Brown's, I'd be happy.

I may be wrong and I am quite a bit, but cant you spend over cap and just have to be back under it by a certain date in the off season?

33 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I may be wrong and I am quite a bit, but cant you spend over cap and just have to be back under it by a certain date in the off season?

I think you're right but that sounds like some stuff the Saints tried to do years ago and why they kept going 7-9 every year. 

VTCrunkler likes this

44 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

I think you're right but that sounds like some stuff the Saints tried to do years ago and why they kept going 7-9 every year. 

I'm thinking Philly did it either last year or the season before as well.

AtlantaFanatic likes this

14 hours ago, Sui_Generis said:

Trent Brown in FA and draft Cody Ford.

LT Matthews

LG Fusco/Schweitzer

C Mack

RG Ford

RT Brown

Let Matt Ryan, Freeman, Blount ( yes I want us to sign Blount as our big back cheap) eat!!!! Let Dirk and Mularkey work. 

Running of that right side with Paulsen stacked over there would be devastating. We would work some dlines over. Counter runs to the left would be stupid too as the right would be known as the power side. 

This is not bad but Blount makes my skin kind of get a Steven-Jackson-on-his-way-out-terrible-acquisition creeping sensation. 

On 2/9/2019 at 5:40 AM, TNFalcon1 said:

Yes you are correct. We have 32 days to be over the cap but we have to be under it by 4:00pm ET on March 13. So we could make trades, extend players or re-sign our key free agents and go over the cap in the meantime.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, octoslash said:

This is not bad but Blount makes my skin kind of get a Steven-Jackson-on-his-way-out-terrible-acquisition creeping sensation. 

I can understand that. But Blount was never close to what Jackson was in his prime. Blount is a big bodied back that can get the tough yards and grind a defense. 

Jackson in his prime was a dual threat RB that could carry a team. Sadly he was no longer that by the time the Falcons got him. Where as Blount is still a big body grinder for cheap. So,if he carries the rock a few times and converts short 1st down or goalline carries we can live with that. 

50 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

I can understand that. But Blount was never close to what Jackson was in his prime. Blount is a big bodied back that can get the tough yards and grind a defense. 

Jackson in his prime was a dual threat RB that could carry a team. Sadly he was no longer that by the time the Falcons got him. Where as Blount is still a big body grinder for cheap. So,if he carries the rock a few times and converts short 1st down or goalline carries we can live with that. 

Blount averaged 2.7 YPC last year at 32 years old. 

**** no. 

2 hours ago, Sui_Generis said:

Blount is terrible. It takes more than a big body... I'd much rather draft a big back than waste money on a washed up free agent. 

As long as they are an OT, or an OG ,,, I hope get at least two starters ,, then draft one each in the coming draft to be backups and learn to play in the league. But hope we take the two in the draft in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I'd like to have a DE with our first pick and a DT with our 2nd But we need OL that can play now.