Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NUPE

Who will be the one prized free agent that we sign?

49 posts in this topic

Since TD is known to make atleast one free agent splash or trade every year, any guesses on who I may be or atleast at what position?

I'd guess Saffold. That or something out of left field, like trading Beasley and paying Demarcus Lawrence 20mil/yr to come home to Atlanta.

Honestly, that'd be kinda awesome, but we wouldn't be able to get much else lol. Pretty much sign our guys and bargain bin shop outside of that. Maybe bring Thomas Davis in too.

...I'm just hoping. We might not get anyone at all. But if we do I think it's a guard or a biiiiig push for a FA pass rusher.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'd guess Saffold. That or something out of left field, like trading Beasley and paying Demarcus Lawrence 20mil/yr to come home to Atlanta.

Honestly, that'd be kinda awesome, but we wouldn't be able to get much else lol. Pretty much sign our guys and bargain bin shop outside of that. Maybe bring Thomas Davis in too.

...I'm just hoping. We might not get anyone at all. But if we do I think it's a guard or a biiiiig push for a FA pass rusher.

We can dream can’t we????

3 hours ago, toddwchandler said:

I don't see us getting any "prized" free agent.   Julio and Grady get paid and we bring in a few mediocre pieces in my opinion.

We have more cap space than that this year. I was informed by someone here that the last time we had this much, we signed Alex Mack. Im guessing it'll be a Guard or Tackle. Maybe an average corner as well. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Give me Grady Jarrett, Bruce Irvin, Malcom Brown, Quinton Spain and Trent Brown and I'm good.

Whew. Id be stoked if we got all this. Doubt its realistic though. 

23 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Whew. Id be stoked if we got all this. Doubt its realistic though. 

Could probably secure them all with a first year cap hit of around $35M. That's basically where we are now if you back out the 12 camp bodies currently counting against the cap. With the exception of Irvin, they're all young established vets between 25-27 years old that could hit the ground running and give us a few years. That would allow us to target all BPA beasts in the draft and not have to reach for any need positions. We can still free up another $25M if we cut Beasley, Fusco, Bosher and Shredder (post June 1). Enough to fill out the roster with some of our own free agents and sign the draft class.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Could probably secure them all with a first year cap hit of around $35M. That's basically where we are now if you back out the 12 camp bodies currently counting against the cap. With the exception of Irvin, they're all young established vets between 25-27 years old that could hit the ground running and give us a few years. That would allow us to target all BPA beasts in the draft and not have to reach for any need positions. We can still free up another $25M if we cut Beasley, Fusco, Bosher and Shredder (post June 1). Enough to fill out the roster with some of our own free agents and sign the draft class.

This board is all over the place when it comes to how much cap space we currently have after the cuts to Bryant, Reed, and Alford. I'm seeing everywhere from 24 mil to 35 mil. Obviously I hope you're right. Remember though, they may have to front-load some contracts this year so that next year they can sign Debo and Neal. Even if we just got the 2 Brown's, I'd be happy.

54 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

This board is all over the place when it comes to how much cap space we currently have after the cuts to Bryant, Reed, and Alford. I'm seeing everywhere from 24 mil to 35 mil. Obviously I hope you're right. Remember though, they may have to front-load some contracts this year so that next year they can sign Debo and Neal. Even if we just got the 2 Brown's, I'd be happy.

I believe we're currently at $29.9M. As I mentioned, there are about 12 camp bodies on the roster who will either be cut or drop below the TOP 51 cap line as we fill out the roster. They currently count about $6.4M so that puts us around $35.3M. We should be able to extend Debo and Hoop with the additional $25M we can free up. Neal was a first rounder so we can give him a 5th year option similar to the one we gave Beasley. 

Tandy likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I believe we're currently at  $29.9M. As I mentioned, there are about 12 camp bodies on the roster who will either be cut or drop below the TOP 51 cap line as we fill out the roster. They currently count about $6.4M so that puts around $35.3M. We should be able to extend Debo and Hoop with the additional $25M we can free up. Neal was a first rounder so we can give him a 5th year option similar to the one we gave Beasley. 

I gotcha. Although we usually give our guys a new deal before exercising that 5th year option? Obviously next year we may have to since the 2016 draft was such a baller draft.

Trent Brown in FA and draft Cody Ford.

LT Matthews

LG Fusco/Schweitzer

C Mack

RG Ford

RT Brown

Let Matt Ryan, Freeman, Blount ( yes I want us to sign Blount as our big back cheap) eat!!!! Let Dirk and Mularkey work. 

Running of that right side with Paulsen stacked over there would be devastating. We would work some dlines over. Counter runs to the left would be stupid too as the right would be known as the power side. 

lju713, FalconBlood23 and jas82487 like this

5 hours ago, NUPE said:

Since TD is known to make atleast one free agent splash or trade every year, any guesses on who I may be or atleast at what position?

Who was the “splash” FA signing last year???

9 hours ago, toddwchandler said:

I don't see us getting any "prized" free agent.   Julio and Grady get paid and we bring in a few mediocre pieces in my opinion.

That's what we do every year :bang:

Flying Falcon likes this