Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ki46dinah

Baldy breaks down Ridley's TD's

24 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001009743/Calvin-Ridley-s-10-TD-catches-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

If posted already, I apologize.

I work with a guy here in the New England area who played for Bama back in the late 90's, early 2000's, and hes obviously a big Bama fan....he told me before the season started Ridley would transition smoothly to the NFL because of his route running. After watching the game against Cincy earlier this season, I believed him.

Calvin is super smooth in routes, very quick off the line(quickest on the team imo off the line), and polished.

Two criticisms from last season for me; not tough enough, and spotty hands.

Hopefully with an NFL offseason in the books he comes out like gangbusters.

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I believe year 2 he cracks 1000 yards with 8+ tubs. He hit that rookie wall hard this past season and I think Dirk will use him more effectively.

Ridley is a lock (barring injury) for 1000 yards. Not sure about the TDs, but anywhere from 6-10 seems like a given. 

Ergo Proxy and Atl Falcon like this

He’s got too get stronger up top.

Also think he doesn’t like taking contact which could well have an effect on those dropped passes.

Outside of that the tools are all there.

Atl Falcon likes this

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

Ridley is a lock (barring injury) for 1000 yards. Not sure about the TDs, but anywhere from 6-10 seems like a given. 

i'll take 6-10 gladly. Sanu gonna eat too barring any other event happening this offseason

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

i'll take 6-10 gladly. Sanu gonna eat too barring any other event happening this offseason

With Koetter calling the plays and our weapons on offense a fully expect a 5,000 yard season from Matt Ryan and our passing offense. I think Ridley eats up some of Sanu's production next year though... probably see something like Julio = 1,600-1,800 yards, Ridley = 1,000 - 1,100 yards and Sanu and Hoop each around 600 -700 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

With Koetter calling the plays and our weapons on offense a fully expect a 5,000 yard season from Matt Ryan and our passing offense. I think Ridley eats up some of Sanu's production next year though... probably see something like Julio = 1,600-1,800 yards, Ridley = 1,000 - 1,100 yards and Sanu and Hoop each aroung 600 -700 

Less I think.

Personally I think alot more yards will be used up by our RBs.

Ergo Proxy and Dr Long Shot like this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Less I think.

Personally I think alot more yards will be used up by our RBs.

I think it will depend on who ends up as our RBs... If we move on from Teco and it's just Freeman and Ito I'm pretty sure we won't get more than 500 yards from our RBs in the pass game. 

5 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I think it will depend on who ends up as our RBs... If we move on from Teco and it's just Freeman and Ito I'm pretty sure we won't get more than 500 yards from our RBs in the pass game. 

Yep but I think there will be a concerted effort to look to close out games on the ground which may effect those numbers from the WRers.

At the moment we are a bit too pass orientated and we have to get the % closer together and get more effective at pounding the rock.I think it’s pretty much tied into the draft strategy this off season.

Falconsin2012 likes this

12 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

With Koetter calling the plays and our weapons on offense a fully expect a 5,000 yard season from Matt Ryan and our passing offense. I think Ridley eats up some of Sanu's production next year though... probably see something like Julio = 1,600-1,800 yards, Ridley = 1,000 - 1,100 yards and Sanu and Hoop each around 600 -700 

It all depends on the run game. Hopefully they find a way to get it going again

Dr Long Shot likes this

1 hour ago, ki46dinah said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001009743/Calvin-Ridley-s-10-TD-catches-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

If posted already, I apologize.

I work with a guy here in the New England area who played for Bama back in the late 90's, early 2000's, and hes obviously a big Bama fan....he told me before the season started Ridley would transition smoothly to the NFL because of his route running. After watching the game against Cincy earlier this season, I believed him.

Calvin is super smooth in routes, very quick off the line(quickest on the team imo off the line), and polished.

Two criticisms from last season for me; not tough enough, and spotty hands.

Hopefully with an NFL offseason in the books he comes out like gangbusters.

H6c790h.gif

32 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

That fake reverse vs. the Bucs, tho......I was told Sark never schemes anyone open.

steve-sarkisian-df1dc5db4cbfa51c.jpg

Dude brought all the stops out that game. Many plays I hadn't seen all season

JDaveG likes this

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Wow, CR was amazing. He & Ryan hurt some feelings in 2018.  Best WR pick in the draft bar none & the sky is the limit between He & Ryan from here on out.

Agree but as much as I hate it and the Panthers- DJ Moore going to be a beast

HASHBROWN3 likes this

His breakdown videos on Suh & Donald are very good as well.

Proof you can’t just shut down run with DTs alone. Need scheme and team defense.

The contrast between their season, their improvement before the SB, and then destroyed by the Pats blocking schemes/plays was eye opening.

Same as to why Pats shut down the Rams run game. There is any another team as well coached and strategy devised.

Back OT, CR will be a monster for us for years if he hasn’t peaked yet; old for a rookie...or at least as long as OL improves any and Julio is giving him 1on1s.

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I believe year 2 he cracks 1000 yards with 8+ tubs. He hit that rookie wall hard this past season and I think Dirk will use him more effectively.

Needs to learn to get what he can in situations and not dance so much resulting in loss of yardage. Other than that and the drops, he’s already a pretty good WR. 

ya_boi_j and HASHBROWN3 like this

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

He is I agree.  I liked Moore in the draft.  But it wasn’t a fair fight this year.  

Atl Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I ain't scurred of Moore whilst Newton is still throwing the ball

Atl Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

I ain't scurred of Moore whilst Newton is still throwing the ball

That’s the good part...he’ll never reach his potential with Scam chunking him the tater

Godzilla1985 likes this