Time For Vic Beasley to Go

Flying Falcon

10 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

You can go on another silly rant if you want, evidently Nick Saban thinks Sark is competent enough to be OC for arguably the best college program in the country. He also turned down an offer from the Arizona Cardinals for an OC job. So your silly obsession with Sark being the worst football coach in history holds no water. 

So what if AB hired Petrino? Nobody saw that train wreck coming as far as I remember.

Everyone was pretty excited about the hire at the time actually.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Because he’s under contract right now to the Falcons for 1 more year at $12.81M.  There is no scenario that makes sense to Vic Beasley that commits him to a long term bargain contract.  None. 

Who said anything about a long term bargain contract?  You are getting upset just to get upset at this point.

12 minutes ago, athell said:

Who said anything about a long term bargain contract?  You are getting upset just to get upset at this point.

I literally said - Option 3; Falcons approach Beasley with a bargain contract offer

You literally said - I’m team option 3, let’s bring him back on a reduced contract offer.

Thats literally what happened.  If you’re Ok with that, then will you take this $10 bill of mine for that $20 bill in your pocket?  

49 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I literally said - Option 3; Falcons approach Beasley with a bargain contract offer

You literally said - I’m team option 3, let’s bring him back on a reduced contract offer.

Thats literally what happened.  If you’re Ok with that, then will you take this $10 bill of mine for that $20 bill in your pocket?  

I must have tl;dr'd it I guess...

When I read it originally I read it as bring back Vic on a short term reduced contract ie give him a chance to earn another big paycheck on a prove it deal.

Also, yikes.  If this is how I was...I apologize to everyone on the forums lol

Also, you said bargain offer originally "Option #3: Falcons approach Beasley with a 'bargain' contract offer."  No one ever said a long term bargain offer but you...which is what I was questioning.  Literally.  Calm down fella.

Edited by athell

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I must have tl;dr'd it I guess...

When I read it originally I read it as bring back Vic on a short term reduced contract ie give him a chance to earn another big paycheck on a prove it deal.

Also, yikes.  If this is how I was...I apologize to everyone on the forums lol

B)

...and I guess my point is, he is on a short term deal paying him $12.81M for 2019 right now.  He's got that chance as it stands.

When Stan Norfleet was still on 92.9 he said he knew someone in the organization that said Vic was stubborn when it came to perfecting his pass rush/being coached. That's not a guy we need to keep if true. It also not hard to believe based on what we've seen.

45 minutes ago, jay1k2 said:

When Stan Norfleet was still on 92.9 he said he knew someone in the organization that said Vic was stubborn when it came to perfecting his pass rush/being coached. That's not a guy we need to keep if true. It also not hard to believe based on what we've seen.

LOL, that's a crock of ****. 

6 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Which is a massive overpay for what Vic produces. We can find better production for less money. It's just not a good play. Not worth resigning. Time to move on. 

I’m glad some of you fans see something in VB besides an overhyped 8th overall draft pick. He had one great yr, otherwise he’s been very average. I can’t understand for the life of me why we would pay this cat 6-8m per yr or what some of you see in him. There’s bigger fish to fry at that price that would bring way more value. The guy can’t stop the run, can’t cover and is average at best rushing the passer. TD and DQ needs to swallow their pride  and admit they flunk up and move on.

6 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m glad some of you fans see something in VB besides an overhyped 8th overall draft pick. He had one great yr, otherwise he’s been very average. I can’t understand for the life of me why we would pay this cat 6-8m per yr or what some of you see in him. There’s bigger fish to fry at that price that would bring way more value. The guy can’t stop the run, can’t cover and is average at best rushing the passer. TD and DQ needs to swallow their pride  and admit they flunk up and move on.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2016&seasonType=REG

2 hours ago, jay1k2 said:

I have no way to prove this wrong but for some reason I highly doubt it. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

One year my friend one year. The dude has one move - speed rush - that’s it. No size or girth to stop the run, OT dominate him and he can’t cover as a LB. There will be better edge rushers for the 6-8m. per yr range. 

Go back and watch the film on his 15.5 sack season....it was a fluke and he’ll never come close again.....too little and weak PERIOD

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

One year my friend one year. The dude has one move - speed rush - that’s it. No size or girth to stop the run, OT dominate him and he can’t cover as a LB. There will be better edge rushers for the 6-8m. per yr range. 

Go back and watch the film on his 15.5 sack season....it was a fluke and he’ll never come close again.....too little and weak PERIOD

That One year still counts ATL.

‘Flukes’ are subjective. I could say last year was a fluke. Truth is he’s somewhere in between.

My point was he had an outstanding season in 2016 leading the league in sacks. That’s not “average at best”. He’s proven when at his “best” he can be a disruptive defensive force. 

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Trent Dilfer won a SB......was that a fluke???

Come on man, that’s a terrible comparison/analogy. Dilfer Passer rating that SB season was like 75.

I’m talking about a player who had a great productive season in 2016.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Come on man, that’s a terrible comparison/analogy. Dilfer Passer rating that SB season was like 75.

I’m talking about a player who had a great productive season. 

If we give him a pass for his rookie season, He's had 2 good seasons and 2 bad ones. The recency bias though is why we are all on board with him leaving town. Although it's also possible he was a one-hit wonder. I still trust DQ to do the right thing with the defense so if he can restructure his deal and keep him around, I'll just have to trust it's the right move.

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

‘Flukes’ are subjective. I could say last year was a fluke. Truth is he’s somewhere in between.

My point was he had an outstanding season in 2016 leading the league in sacks. That’s not “average at best”. He’s proven when at his “best” he can be a disruptive defensive force. 

Yes.  You don't luck your way into 15,5 sacks.

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Beasley I think plays better when the line as a whole is disruptive.  He was like that at Clemson.  It may seem like a simple explanation, but it is what it is. When the Falcons let Poe, Freeney and Clayborn go, thats what hurt Beasley...

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Beasley I think plays better when the line as a whole is disruptive.  He was like that at Clemson.  It may seem like a simple explanation, but it is what it is. When the Falcons let Poe, Freeney and Clayborn go, thats what hurt Beasley...

I agree, it’s why Denver keeps drafting and signing free agent pass rush studs to pair with von Miller, so teams can’t just focus on him. 

Dummervil/ware/Chubb et al

And Beasley’s no Von Miller, 

28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Correct.

This is why what we mentioned earlier about coaches getting the best out of a player.

If DQ believes in Beasley and deploys him correctly he’ll be a beast.

For me the offense is going to make the defense better.If they can get a lead and just let our rushers not have to worry about the run that’s when you’ll see the Beasley’s and Irvin’s come into there own.

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

My point is other than the one yr he’s been average at best....sorry just can’t see paying the guy for one great yr.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Correct.

This is why what we mentioned earlier about coaches getting the best out of a player.

If DQ believes in Beasley and deploys him correctly he’ll be a beast.

For me the offense is going to make the defense better.If they can get a lead and just let our rushers not have to worry about the run that’s when you’ll see the Beasley’s and Irvin’s come into there own.

As usual, spot on Kiwi. 

Look at our offense last year. Always playing from behind or in shoot out...without freeman, no running game...so teams teed off on Ryan, which resulted in a lot more sacks given up by OL.

It’s just how it works.  

31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’m talking about a player who had a great productive season in 2016.

Time will tell but I’m betting he ends up very average and certainly it worth 6-8 m per yr