Time For Vic Beasley to Go

Flying Falcon

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Am I the only one that saw a guy that looked like a different player the last 6 games of the season? A player that was pretty good those 6 games and is a real asset defensively?

He had a nice run toward the end of the season but totally disappeared in the last two games. Just like he disappeared in the playoffs of the 2016 SB year. He looked awful in our last two 2018 games combining for 1 tackle, 0 TFLs, 0 Sacks, 0 Hits, 0 INTs, 0 PDs, 0 FFs and 0 FRs. That's when I cut ties with him.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m telling you with Beasley it’s his hands he doesnt use them enough.

Its all or nothing with his speed.

If I’m Beasley that’s all m working on is hand usage.His getoff basically gets him there but once he gets there the lack of good hand placement and usage kill him.

Counter don’t waste your time for me hands is all he should be working on.

40 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m telling you with Beasley it’s his hands he doesnt use them enough.

Its all or nothing with his speed.

If I’m Beasley that’s all m working on is hand usage.His getoff basically gets him there but once he gets there the lack of good hand placement and usage kill him.

Counter don’t waste your time for me hands is all he should be working on.

Yep. I watch other guys and they slap the tackle's hands down and use their speed to blow on past the guy. Vic has to use his speed, he's not gonna overpower guys. He has to learn to use his hands and slap the tackle's hands away so that he can't be grabbed. Once he's grabbed it's all over for him because he's so light in the backside. The difference between him and John Abraham was despite Abraham being undersized, he still had power to bull rush guys. Vic doesn't have that same power, it's speed or nothing with him.

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. I watch other guys and they slap the tackle's hands down and use their speed to blow on past the guy. Vic has to use his speed, he's not gonna overpower guys. He has to learn to use his hands and slap the tackle's hands away so that he can't be grabbed. Once he's grabbed it's all over for him because he's so light in the backside. The difference between him and John Abraham was despite Abraham being undersized, he still had power to bull rush guys. Vic doesn't have that same power, it's speed or nothing with him.

What's crazy to me about that is Vic has such an elite get off that I cannot even imagine why or how he cannot convert speed to power.  He gets stonewalled every dang time he tries.  I do not get it other than he is just soft.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:39 PM, Lornoth said:

I want to see what Means can do too, but not if it means cutting guys who have actually done better. I don't like cutting better players because of potential, especially when that potential is coming from a guy who's had 4 teams and many years to realize that potential. There's usually a reason a guy doesn't get snaps, and he hasn't always been sitting behind a stacked Eagles DLine. 

My thought process is that Means is replacing B. Reed.  A rotational end.  He may prove to be better at being the base DE and spelling the pass rushers than Reed.  Even if he isnt better...he is cheaper.. He simply didnt get snaps in Philly because of being behind B. Graham, C. Long, D. Barnett and M. Bennett. Last year he could have played more but sat behind Vic, Takk, and Reed.  I think this year he is in the rotation and plays a quarter to a third of the defensive snaps.

On 2/14/2019 at 0:45 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Abraham had long arms and was bout 265 as well.  Thats 20 lbs on Beasley but still your point is valid.  Vic engages tackles instead of keeping them from engaging him.  He is rarely going to win a stack and shed battle.  He has to attack angles and gaps.  Crazy thing is...dude is super strong when it comes to weights but he doesnt know how to anchor and angle his strength to attack a side of an OT.   Its frustrating because Dude has all the athleticism of V. Miller but less than half of the "know how".  Some get it....Vic just hasnt got it.  The pursuit is a problem for me too.  All that speed and the only ones I see are Irvin and Takk chasing guys downfield.  Vic is behind of the LOS where the OT left him way too often. Sigh.  Rotational role or goodbye.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:43 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He had a nice run toward the end of the season but totally disappeared in the last two games. Just like he disappeared in the playoffs of the 2016 SB year. He looked awful in our last two 2018 games combining for 1 tackle, 0 TFLs, 0 Sacks, 0 Hits, 0 INTs, 0 PDs, 0 FFs and 0 FRs. That's when I cut ties with him.

I think it’s a tad short sighted to use the last two games.  Vic plays better with a veteran opposite him or next to him.  Irvin joined the Falcons in Week 10.  Over the next 6 weeks Beasley had 4 sacks, 6 TFL, 4 QB hits, 3 PD, a fumble recovery for a TD.

When Irvin played the Leo & Vic lined up next to Takk, things were disruptive.  Stunts were effective and all 3 pass rushers were getting QB’s off their spot

17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think it’s a tad short sighted to use the last two games.  Vic plays better with a veteran opposite him or next to him.  Irvin joined the Falcons in Week 10.  Over the next 6 weeks Beasley had 4 sacks, 6 TFL, 4 QB hits, 3 PD, a fumble recovery for a TD.

When Irvin played the Leo & Vic lined up next to Takk, things were disruptive.  Stunts were effective and all 3 pass rushers were getting QB’s off their spot

Problem is he's had 20 similar games in his four years as a Falcon. The last two just put me over the edge. I think we're better moving on with Takk, Irvin, Means and a rook like either Clelin Ferrell, Jaylon Ferguson, Montez Sweat, Jachai Polite or Charles Omenihu. We could carry all four of those guys for less than the $12.8M option we offered Beasley.

6 hours ago, Stryka said:

Abraham had long arms and was bout 265 as well.  Thats 20 lbs on Beasley but still your point is valid.  Vic engages tackles instead of keeping them from engaging him.  He is rarely going to win a stack and shed battle.  He has to attack angles and gaps.  Crazy thing is...dude is super strong when it comes to weights but he doesnt know how to anchor and angle his strength to attack a side of an OT.   Its frustrating because Dude has all the athleticism of V. Miller but less than half of the "know how".  Some get it....Vic just hasnt got it.  The pursuit is a problem for me too.  All that speed and the only ones I see are Irvin and Takk chasing guys downfield.  Vic is behind of the LOS where the OT left him way too often. Sigh.  Rotational role or goodbye.

I completely disagree with this part. I've seen Vic chase down guys downfield plenty of times. His effort does lack at times so it doesn't always happen, but it's happened enough.

On 2/14/2019 at 0:45 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Animated GIF

Image result for john abraham falcons

Look. I'm no expert on the contract stuff.  THIS I do know.  Vic is not going anywhere.  He was the FIRST pick of the Quinn era, FIRST ROUND.  Cutting him would be admittance that Quinn failed with his very first pick.  Not gonna happen.   Vic's agent knows this also.  Thats the leverage his agent using in a renegotiation of his contract.  I could be wrong but thats how I see it.  My prediction is he will play out his current contract with the Falcons and they low ball him in free agency and he walks depending on offers from other teams.

Image result for vic beasley draft falcons

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I completely disagree with this part. I've seen Vic chase down guys downfield plenty of times. His effort does lack at times so it doesn't always happen, but it's happened enough.

Im confused now.  You completely disagree but it doesnt always happen. You know whose doesnt lacks? I never have to ask where is Takk or where was Grady or where was Bruce. Those guys chase everything carrying the ball. Vic's effort has to be questioned too often. I know he wants to make plays but you showbit by being relentless. He isnt that. 

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Look. I'm no expert on the contract stuff.  THIS I do know.  Vic is not going anywhere.  He was the FIRST pick of the Quinn era, FIRST ROUND.  Cutting him would be admittance that Quinn failed with his very first pick.  Not gonna happen.   Vic's agent knows this also.  Thats the leverage his agent using in a renegotiation of his contract.  I could be wrong but thats how I see it.  My prediction is he will play out his current contract with the Falcons and they low ball him in free agency and he walks depending on offers from other teams.

Emotion and pride. Always get you killed in negotiations. 

47 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Im confused now.  You completely disagree but it doesnt always happen. You know whose doesnt lacks? I never have to ask where is Takk or where was Grady or where was Bruce. Those guys chase everything carrying the ball. Vic's effort has to be questioned too often. I know he wants to make plays but you showbit by being relentless. He isnt that. 

I read it as you saying that he never pursuits down field.

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

And see? That’s exactly where DQ and TD have a tough decision.

Say Vic won’t extend and wants to be here on option price or UFA payday this offseason...

Is it possible he could reach that consistency as a valuable tool for DQ to use in efforts for a championship over an unknown rookie without elite get off?

Price aside...we keep him this year yes. If we can get around the price? But that sample size may be enough to cause us to keep him for better or worse at $12.81M...if DQ believes we need him in 2nd half of a SB run etc.

If we need his space for UFA to work this offseason? Who knows maybe letting Poole go is one of those in house moves to curb the pain of keeping Vic on this one year figure?

:shrug: 

Just now, Vandy said:

Lack of effort is not nor ever been his issue. If anything, sometimes I see VB trying too hard. 

Or being stubborn when it comes to rush moves? Overthinking instead of playing with confidence? His win rate rushing passer isn’t there enough and his base run D usage seems to hurt his consistency as a rusher at best; or he is a liability at worst to be considered for every down.

Ah so frustrating. Could he put on like 10+lbs of playing weight and improve??

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And see? That’s exactly where DQ and TD have a tough decision.

Say Vic won’t extend and wants to be he on option price or UFA payday...

Is it possible he could reach that consistency as a valuable tool for DQ to use in efforts for a championship over an unknown rookie without elite get off?

Price aside...we keep him this year yes. If we can get around the price? But that sample size may be enough to cause us to keep him for better or worse at $12.81M...if DQ believes we need him in 2nd half of a SB run etc.

If we need his space for UFA to work this offseason? Who knows maybe letting Poole go is one of those in house moves to curb the pain of keeping Vic on this one year figure?

:shrug: 

They will work it out,, Vic B is the most humble meek man you will ever have on this team.. He wants to stay, and he'll getter done. Just wait and see....

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

They will work it out,, Vic B is the most humble meek man you will ever have on this team.. He wants to stay, and he'll getter done. Just wait and see....

:ninja:But I am the most humble fan...:ninja:

I guess if it’s not him telling us that...but then again that’s a lot to expect him to settle to play here when he hasn’t been paid yet like Irvin.

Nice thought tho. ^_^:) 

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Or being stubborn when it comes to rush moves? Overthinking instead of playing with confidence? His win rate rushing passer isn’t there enough and his base run D usage seems to hurt his consistency as a rusher at best; or he is a liability at worst to be considered for every down.

Ah so frustrating. Could he put on like 10+lbs of playing weight and improve??

Stubborn perhaps yes, lack of effort no. 

No confidence, no clarity, confused and frustrated. In sports and in life, that will wear anybody out. 

Nothing wrong with his weight if he plays the LEO role, which is why I’ve felt he’s been mis-coached. He is what he is. As many have said, reduce his snaps and rotate with Irvin. All which is why I strongly feel he’s not worth anywhere close to $13M. 

5 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Image result for vic beasley draft falcons

I'd trade him or cut him. Billy Check traded Chandler Jones for a second rounder and a player coming off a Pro Bowl season. Dude went on to beast for ARI but never saw another playoff game. Billy Check just reloaded and won a Lombardi the next year after trailing 28-3 with 23:36 left in regulation. He won another Bowl two weeks ago in our backyard. The one lesson we should learn from NE is how to shed big contracts. We haven't yet. We're trying to figure out how to pay Julio and Grady $30M as we speak. Billy paid his top WR and DT a whopping $6.5M last year. :angry: