Flying Falcon

Time For Vic Beasley to Go

429 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, Falcanuck said:

Sanu gets paid that much. Technically he's overpaid, too.

Sanu also consistently succeeds in his role. Yes he gets paid but his work on the field speaks for itself. He has been really good against #2 and #3 corners. I think he is just as vital in the run Game and tbh he’s got to have a pretty good qb rating as well. I’m not gonna bash Vic because I want him to succeed on our team but this is apples and oranges and I mean that with respect. 

Edited by Xero

17 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Or stop moving him all over the field. Just because he's fast, doesn't mean he's good at other positions.

May dad and I have been saying that since 2017. I feel Quinn tried moving him to part-time positions to coverup the weakness in other areas of the defense. Keep at DE only, make him gain a few pounds, and continue to work on his technique. I think he'll bounce back.

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

May dad and I have been saying that since 2017. I feel Quinn tried moving him to part-time positions to coverup the weakness in other areas of the defense. Keep at DE only, make him gain a few pounds, and continue to work on his technique. I think he'll bounce back.

I have to admit, looking at his stats from the 15.5 Sack Season, he only had 39 tackles. Now I don't closely follow those type of stats, but how many tackles does a DE average per season?

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

35 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I have to admit, looking at his stats from the 15.5 Sack Season, he only had 39 tackles. Now I don't closely follow those type of stats, but how many tackles does a DE average per season?

Pretty common # tackles for the LEO position. 

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

1 hour ago, Xero said:

Sanu also consistently succeeds in his role. Yes he gets paid but his work on the field speaks for itself. He has been really good against #2 and #3 corners. I think he is just as vital in the run Game and tbh he’s got to have a pretty good qb rating as well. I’m not gonna bash Vic because I want him to succeed on our team but this is apples and oranges and I mean that with respect. 

Yeah, I 100% want Sanu on this team. And obviously they play very different positions and do different things, but I more so just wanted to point out that sometimes you gotta overpay certain positions. Vic plays one of them. If 5-7 sacks is Vic's floor, I'm more than comfortable paying him slightly more than his last two years might be worth with the potential of getting 2016 Vic.

16 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He only shows out against weak competition? Was that the consensus?

Lol like this guy.

Or

Most memorable JA55 performance was against the Browns on the road where he went head to head with the best OT probably of the last decade in Joe Thomas.

Matched up 1 on 1 the whole game JA55 won the day with 2 sacks and a multitude of hurries.

Ergo Proxy, Xero and Falconsin2012 like this

7 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Wouldn’t be the first time a DL had a good year after a down year

Would be the 1st for him.......ohhhh....wait. That's how he got those 16 sacks in 2016. He tripped over the QB on the ground. :huh:

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Would be the 1st for him.......ohhhh....wait. That's how he got those 16 sacks in 2016. He tripped over the QB on the ground. :huh:

He’s also not the first player to take advantage of opposition and/or “trip over qb on the ground”. Sacks are streaky. He’s not John Abraham but I think he’ll be better if we get that FA dt everyone wants 

7 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

He’s also not the first player to take advantage of opposition and/or “trip over qb on the ground”. Sacks are streaky. He’s not John Abraham but I think he’ll be better if we get that FA dt everyone wants 

And that's why he should be cut/traded/released. Always have to find another piece to compliment him, to make him better, to improve his stats. Can't never be great on his own.

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

And that's why he should be cut/traded/released. Always have to find another piece to compliment him, to make him better, to improve his stats. Can't never be great on his own.

Why should he have to do it alone? What DE consistently does it on his own? Especially without help in the middle

Falconsin2012 likes this

8 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Why should he have to do it alone? What DE consistently does it on his own? Especially without help in the middle

Abraham did it by himself. In NY and here.

24 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

He shouldn’t.  No point trying to convince them.  You’ve made your point.  It’s valid.  I tend to agree that next year Vic will more closely resemble 2016 Beasley.  Only time will bear out the truth.

Just remind yourself in 12 months to revisit this thread.  We will either look foolish or if Vic balls out most on here will be like:

eating-crow.jpg?w=660&h=777

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

7 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

He did it. Now show me why Vic Bustly has to have help.

Idk man how ab the NYG when they beat Brady twice. Pretty good DL. There’s one example off the top of my head. Now go google football 101. U think 1 good pass rusher solves our problem or a good line w depth. C’mon man

Edited by MoFalconsFan56