Flying Falcon

Time For Vic Beasley to Go

429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I would just go with DQ on it. I won’t be mad if Falcons keep or extend Beasley, nor ifhe walks and signs a big deal with some other team. Vic Beasley is an all pro with two bad seasons under MM. Unless you are part of that locker room, it’s hard to judge.

Pretty much where I’m at with regards to the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Could probably get Bruce Irvin, Steven Means, Montez Sweat and Jaylon Furgeson for less than the $12.8M option we owe Bustley.

Fair enough, but Sweat and Ferguson are rookies: no guarantee they'll be better than Vic. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

There would be interest in Beasley. A team which knows how to use him will grab him for a decent deal. He won’t be top paid DE but won’t be a 6-7 M guy either. 

Interest yes, $13M a year interest, no. 

Falcons appear to want to keep him, but can’t afford the $13M 5th year option cap hit. Its gonna be very interesting to see what falcons and Beasley will do here. Like I said earlier, both sides have backed themselves in a corner.

probably should have traded him last year when they had offers on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Fair enough, but Sweat and Ferguson are rookies: no guarantee they'll be better than Vic. 

There's a near guarantee the combination of those four will be 2-3x better than Beasley. 

Stryka likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of speculation ,, and so is my opinion,, But I think the FO simply will see this season how well he does ,, then decide what to do or not do. I think he will be here at least this year,,, And personally , I think we'll be glad we kept him. 

Statick and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, Flying Falcon said:

Vic gots to go. He's a bust.

By the way, He's not going anywhere .. they just need to find his best position and let him play. Thats all he needs is a good Coach to use him in the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Interest yes, $13M a year interest, no. 

Falcons appear to want to keep him, but can’t afford the $13M 5th year option cap hit. Its gonna be very interesting to see what falcons and Beasley will do here. Like I said earlier, both sides have backed themselves in a corner.

probably should have traded him last year when they had offers on the table.

I am not worried about it. If DQ thinks he can get most out of Vic with MM gone, there are ways they can reach middle ground. They could extend him, load up initiatives and so on. Bottom line, they better have Vic or some one better than him. I am done with signing bottom of barrel FA. DQ and TD should have made that Michael Bennett grade happen last year. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

We shall see said the blind man.

Most people on here said Brain Hill wasn't going to be around this year either ,, But I think they realize now he will be... I was his biggest fan in his draft.. And had him in my top 20 in the draft game.. He's the only one I got right ... :mmmhmm:

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I am not worried about it. If DQ thinks he can get most out of Vic with MM gone, there are ways they can reach middle ground. They could extend him, load up initiatives and so on. Bottom line, they better have Vic or some one better than him. I am done with signing bottom of barrel FA. DQ and TD should have made that Michael Bennett grade happen last year. 

Yes they should have, and then let Beasley situationally play the LEO role. 

Frankly, he’s a better fit in a 3-4. I always hoped Quinn would utilize him the way Seattle utilized the LEO with Clemons/Irvin, but we just haven’t had the personnel to do that.  Huge mistake not bringing in Bennett for that reason alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Most people on here said Brain Hill wasn't going to be around this year either ,, But I think they realize now he will be... I was his biggest fan in his draft.. And had him in my top 20 in the draft game.. He's the only one I got right ... :mmmhmm:

Still waiting for Hill to take over that 1B RB role you predicted was gonna happen 2 seasons ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Most people on here said Brain Hill wasn't going to be around this year either ,, But I think they realize now he will be... I was his biggest fan in his draft.. And had him in my top 20 in the draft game.. He's the only one I got right ... :mmmhmm:

Lol. He will bounce around few teams and will be gone. He hasn’t replaced any one yet, let alone lead RB.

HASHBROWN3, Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Still waiting for Hill to take over that 1B RB role you predicted 2 seasons ago. 

Only thing I said was I thought he'd be a good back.. I do think he will show us this season , if given the chance,, that He can be a very good serviceable back..  And I think he can be,, and that is all I said..  You don't have to be afraid if he does well this year.. It'll be alright.... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Only thing I said was I thought he'd be a good back.. I do think he will show us this season , if given the chance,, that He can be a very good serviceable back..  And I think he can be,, and that is all I said..  You don't have to be afraid if he does well this year.. It'll be alright.... ;)

LOL nut, you said a little bit more than that. :ninja:

 

Flying Falcon and vitaman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL nut, you said a little bit more than that. :ninja:

 

Well, I think I hit it closer than any of you guys that was against him completely .. Let's see who got it right by the end of this coming season..  Get back with me,, and if I was wrong ,, I will agree with you and take it like a Falcon Fan Man!!! :slick:

Ergo Proxy and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep getting on the message boards hoping to see 10 straight HOT Topics of #44 being released. Seemed like we were getting things rolling early and often. Reply pray besides post June 1 cuts that this isn't the only fat trimming we are doing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

100% in agreement.  Not even close, really.  

Regarding Jarrett vs  Debo...Debo impacts our defense more than Jarrett IMO

Yes he does but I’m still taking both guys as my defensive cornerstones in which the defense is built around.In all effect without Jarrett and others doing there jobs upfront it makes Debo’s job a lot harder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Fair enough, but Sweat and Ferguson are rookies: no guarantee they'll be better than Vic. 

Facts. You're not allowed to bring facts to the party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id have to see when the cutoff is for rescinding team options.  The issue is if we rescind it now.  We have exactly 1 DE under contract.  Takk.  Thats a major problem even if you believe we resign Bruce and Means.  Neither of those 2 are fulltime starters and both are more servicable in pass rushing roles.  Means is a lil bigger and stouter but he isnt exactly a great option as base DE or fulltime nickel rusher. 

We would need 2 DEs at that point.  A good base guy and another depth guy.  I believe Vic renegotiates for for 2 to 3 years at a better rate.  Maybe a contract like Ricardo Allen's.  3yrs 19 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I think I hit it closer than any of you guys that was against him completely .. Let's see who got it right by the end of this coming season..  Get back with me,, and if I was wrong ,, I will agree with you and take it like a Falcon Fan Man!!! :slick:

Say waaattttt? LOL man, you were dead wrong. Not only did he not take over Teco’s role in that season, he was released to practice squad and picked up by bengals!!!

Hill’s come full circle back to falcons, so far he’s been a journeyman. Nothing against him per se, we could sure use a 3rd back to pick up the short/tough yards. 

vitaman and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

By the way, He's not going anywhere .. they just need to find his best position and let him play. Thats all he needs is a good Coach to use him in the right place.

He’s played different positions......results the same

Dirtybird3 and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Flying Falcon said:

With the eighth pick of the 2015 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Defensive End Vic Beasleyfrom Clemson University. I have to admit I was HYPE!! At the time, I was producing the NFL Draft show on 929 The Game here in Atlanta and right after Vic was drafted, he called in to join our hosts. As a Clemson alum, I was super excited to be the first one in Atlanta to talk to him.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bloggingdirty.com/2019/02/07/70971/amp/

I would like to get rid of him but we have no depth at that position and other defensive ends in the looney bin right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

A lot of speculation ,, and so is my opinion,, But I think the FO simply will see this season how well he does ,, then decide what to do or not do. I think he will be here at least this year,,, And personally , I think we'll be glad we kept him. 

That is the prudent move; however, Blank is a businessman.  He & Quinn need a tete-a-tete...if Quinn is firm that he can get 8-10 sacks from Beasley now that he is implementing the scheme and calling it on gameday, they should offer a 4-5 year deal at around 8-9 million while his value is depressed.  It’s just high enough to make both sides consider it.  

And if Quinn is right, in 3 years everyone will look back and wonder how we robbed Vic Beasley.  Because Clark is a 10 sack guy about to get 15-17 million per year.  It’s a slight gamble but one worth taking

Draftnut57 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 8:17 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

There's a near guarantee the combination of those four will be 2-3x better than Beasley. 

Not so sure having three guys who all could very easily be worse players than Vic sucking up his snaps would be better. I like Irvin but his addition alone doesn't make Vic expendable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now