Flying Falcon

Time For Vic Beasley to Go

429 posts in this topic

With the eighth pick of the 2015 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Defensive End Vic Beasleyfrom Clemson University. I have to admit I was HYPE!! At the time, I was producing the NFL Draft show on 929 The Game here in Atlanta and right after Vic was drafted, he called in to join our hosts. As a Clemson alum, I was super excited to be the first one in Atlanta to talk to him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bloggingdirty.com/2019/02/07/70971/amp/

PokerSteve likes this

He lived 10 minutes from the house I grew up in so I was pumped too.

That being said, it's team over player so if he's gone I won't even be annoyed. Dude is not as good as advertised but he did help us get to a SB in 2016. 

Flying Falcon and Atl Falcon like this

10 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Aside from working on his tech, I feel like he could still be a decent DE if Quinn would allow him to gain a little more weight. 

Allow him? I think the best way to phrase that would be if DQ asks him to put on more weight. 

Well if we weren't ****** around with our offense the past 2 years and have Beasley rotate from LB to DE, I think Beasley could have produced.  In 2016, he was the sack leader but of course, Falcons do what Falcons do and go away from their strengths.  Its all on Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff and Quinn.  

After the Petrino era, Mike Smith era and the heart break losses, this team doesn't realize how crucial hiring coaches are??  Wasted 2 good years of this team by hiring an offensive coordinator who still doesn't have a place in the COLLEGE ranks.  We hired a defensive coordinator who probably will go to the College ranks.   

We have offensive linemen who wouldn't be on any other NFL roster. 

What does that?  We are forcing things on this team that are not even NFL caliber

Looking at how we do things, I believe our hardest cuts have already been made. Beasley would have been cut already giving him the ability to catch on with another team quickly. 

So the only way we move on is if renegotiations failed. 

11 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Well if we weren't ****** around with our offense the past 2 years and have Beasley rotate from LB to DE, I think Beasley could have produced.  In 2016, he was the sack leader but of course, Falcons do what Falcons do and go away from their strengths.  Its all on Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff and Quinn.  

After the Petrino era, Mike Smith era and the heart break losses, this team doesn't realize how crucial hiring coaches are??  Wasted 2 good years of this team by hiring an offensive coordinator who still doesn't have a place in the COLLEGE ranks.  We hired a defensive coordinator who probably will go to the College ranks.   

What does that?  We are forcing things on this team that are not even NFL caliber

There was no Petrino "era", it was 13 games 12 years ago. Sark is the OC at Alabama again, before going a rant at least know some facts. Smfh.

rings639 and 1989Fan like this

16 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Looking at how we do things, I believe our hardest cuts have already been made. Beasley would have been cut already giving him the ability to catch on with another team quickly. 

So the only way we move on is if renegotiations failed. 

Reed and Alford were not hard cuts, they were no brainers that everybody predicted. Bryant really wasn't hard either. As great as he is, having a 4M a year kicker who is injury prone and about to turn 44 is a luxury that the team could not afford anymore especially with GT already on the roster. And Vic wont be cut,  if they decide to move on they will rescind his 5th year option and he will be a UFA and wont be able to sign with another team until free agency.

44 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

lol wut the heck are you even talking about? 

Honest question: do you people experience NFL football solely through this board? Because the way some of yall post suggests you dont watch the games....

7 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

There was no Petrino "era", it was 13 games 12 years ago. Sark is the OC at Alabama again, before going a rant at least know some facts. Smfh.

And all of those justify the moronic decisions that we dealt with the past 2 years?  Petrino was in the AB era, so I don't want to hear that.  Sark is officially the O coordinator for Alabama?  WOW sign him up to head coach in the NFL.  What a qualified candidate!  Sark is so wanted, i mean the likes of Mike Murlarkey, Dirk Koetter, Kyle Shanahan, ALL became head coaches after being the Falcons offensive coordinator, BUT SARK is Special. HE IS A COLLEGE RANK COACH. OMG.  BRING SARK BACK!!!

1 minute ago, R_The_Great said:

And all of those justify the moronic decisions that we dealt with the past 2 years?  Petrino was in the AB era, so I don't want to hear that.  Sark is officially the O coordinator for Alabama?  WOW sign him up to head coach in the NFL.  What a qualified candidate!  Sark is so wanted, i mean the likes of Mike Murlarkey, Dirk Koetter, Kyle Shanahan, ALL became head coaches after being the Falcons offensive coordinator, BUT SARK is Special. HE IS A COLLEGE RANK COACH. OMG.  BRING SARK BACK!!!

Sarkisian's 2017/2018 offenses were better than the last two offensive years by all of these coaches. 

So....I'm not sure where you're going with this. 

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

He’ll be back on a 4 year deal worth about 7-8mil per I bet. 

Which is a massive overpay for what Vic produces. We can find better production for less money. It's just not a good play. Not worth resigning. Time to move on. 

Atl Falcon likes this

Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Which is a massive overpay for what Vic produces. We can find better production for less money. It's just not a good play. Not worth resigning. Time to move on. 

Sanu gets paid that much. Technically he's overpaid, too.

dirtybird2k5 likes this

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

He’ll be back on a 4 year deal worth about 7-8mil per I bet. 

So a 4 year $28-32M deal?  Obviously not fully guaranteed...

So in essence, a 3 year, $16-19M extension since he's guaranteed $12.81M in 2019?  He's just going to forgo his bite at the free agency windfall, because...?

Peyton and Ergo Proxy like this

6 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Who?

Find the DE who has had 29.5 sacks in the past four years who can be signed for less than 7 million a year?

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Falcanuck said:

Sanu gets paid that much. Technically he's overpaid, too.

Sanu has 2,194 yards and 13 TDs in 3 years....
That's 700+ yds and just about 5 TDs a year. That's good production for a #2 wideout. 

Vic on the has 5 sacks a season outside of his one aberration year. He's proven to not be capable of being a primary or secondary pass rusher. The math is really not hard. Vic has had more than enough time.

rings639 likes this

7 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Sarkisian's 2017/2018 offenses were better than the last two offensive years by all of these coaches. 

So....I'm not sure where you're going with this. 

Thats great on paper, but again, if he was so great, why isn't he a head coach in the NFL?  Why were all these previous offensive coordinators hired for Head coaching jobs but Sark has to go back to NCAA?  Sark got the keys to one of the hottest cars in the world and he drove it into a Tree