Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lju713

Give me your quickest way to fix OL

8 posts in this topic

Sign a G and draft a T? Sign a G and T?  Its alot of decisions. Me personally it would be to sign a RT(Trenton Brown,Donovan Smith,or Jawaun James) and if Cody Ford is there at 14 take him and move him the G. I think Fusco can be serviceable for 1 yr if we dont cut him.What are your solutions to the OL fix?

I would rather give the money to an OG like Saffold and try to make due with Schraeder/Sambrailo. In not convinced Schraeder is done.

I think we get by fine if we significantly upgrade 1 guard and 1 tackle. So get one in FA and the other in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. 

Line then looks like this:

Matthews

Schweitzer

Mack

New guy

New guy 

Which to get where depends on how the FO reads the draft. If they go T in the 1st, get a FA guard. If it’s d-line in the 1st, get a FA T and go guard in the 2nd. 

And that likely depends on what’s available in FA, so we’ll probably have a good idea soon.

Schraeder was one of the best a couple years ago. I say signing a guard is the quickest fix, maybe drafting one if the right guy is there. Give Schraed another shot.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I think we get by fine if we significantly upgrade 1 guard and 1 tackle. So get one in FA and the other in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. 

Matthews

Schweitzer

Mack

New guy

New guy 

Which to get where depends on how the FO reads the draft. If they go T in the 1st, get a FA guard. If it’s d-line in the 1st, get a FA T and go guard in the 2nd. 

And that likely depends on what’s available in FA, so we’ll probably have a good idea soon.

I think the very first factor is what they do with Schraeder.  I too am not convinced he's done-n-gone, BUT to retain him it seems sensible that he would have to agree to restructure AND the Falcons would ALL have to agree that he will rebound back to at least a serviceable average RT. That's a lot of IFs...   and Falcons really can't afford to get it wrong.  

Will Sambraillo resign for cheap or hit FA and go elsewhere?  Do we want him back?

Is Gono going to be ready?

Do we sign a decnt RT via FA ?

Is Fusco going to return healthy?   I think he and Schweitzer will be here for 2019 and Falcons draft a G.

I could see drafting a RT, that could (ideally) slide to RG as well if necessary.

At minimum we need a G and/or highly capable RT/G option in the draft.

23 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Matthews

Schweitzer

Mack

New guy

New guy 

1 guard, 1 tackle, and 1 beer...