FalconFanSince1970

How Would You Rank Our Top Ten Needs?

52 posts in this topic

After releasing Bryant, Alf and Reed, here are the likely starters under contract as of 12:00pm ET on 2/7/19:

• QB - Matt Ryan
  • WR1 - Julio Jones
  • WR2 - Mohamed Sanu
  • WR3 - Calvin Ridley
  • TE - Austin Hooper
  • HB - Devonta Freeman
  • FB - Ricky Ortiz
  • LT - Jake Matthews
  • RT - Ryan Shraeder
  • LG - Wes Schweitzer
  • RG - Brandon Fusco
  • OC - Alex Mack
  • LDE - Vic Beasley
  • RDE - Takk McKinley
  • DT - Jack Crawford
  • NT - Deadrin Senat
  • MLB - Deion Jones
  • WLB - Foyesade Oluokun
  • SLB - Devonta Campbell
  • LCB - Desmond Trufant
  • RCB - Isaiah Oliver
  • NB - Damontae Kazee
  • FS - Ricardo Allen
  • SS - Keanu Neal
  • K - Giorgio Tavecchio
  • P - Matt Bosher
  • LS - Josh Harris
  • KR - Ito Smith
  • PR - Calvin Ridley

How would you rank the top ten needs, in order of priority, from a starter's perspective? I have it like this:

1. RT
  2. LG
  3. RG
  4. NT
  5. DT
  6. RCB
  7. LDE
  8. FB
  9. P
  10. KR

I think Fusco & Wes are on the roster next year. Fusco as a starter.  But I’d much prefer Spain.  Right Tackle and a run stuffing DT are the giant eye sores on the roster.

And if it turns out RS was injured last year, don’t be shocked if he is our starting RT on a restructured contract

Ergo Proxy likes this

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Better coaching and game planning by DQ and his staff should be in there fairly high....:ninja:

Need Quinn to emulate Belichick who emulates Sun Tzu:

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”

- Sun Tzu

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think Fusco & Wes are on the roster next year. Fusco as a starter.  But I’d much prefer Spain.  Right Tackle and a run stuffing DT are the giant eye sores on the roster.

And if it turns out RS was injured last year, don’t be shocked if he is our starting RT on a restructured contract

Appreciate the heads up. I won't be shocked now, but I will still be very angry!! Nah, J/K. Hopefully if he comes back he'll return to his old reliable self, but at a discount. 

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”

- Sun Tzu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/01/31/bill-belichick-uses-this-sun-tzu-quote-to-inspire-the-patriots-to-win.html

Falconsin2012 likes this

Whatever the problem was on our right side OL is our biggest need.

Fix it no question! Don’t care who is signed, cut or drafted. No more de-railing offense over the OL.

Everybody clear? Are we clear? Clear? Ok.

... So that means RG and RT.

Then:

5T DE (base run DE and ability to rush passer inside...we might need 2 of them...re-sign Means as one?)

DT depth/competition to push Senat or this is higher if he doesn’t get vote of confidence year 2...DE is much weaker than the 1 rotational piece inside needing to replace McClain; at least atm due to VB/Shelby/Irvin/Reed status collectively (2 are gone, 1 might be back, 1 needs a lower cap hit to be back)

LG

RCB/LCB depth (we have no one atm outside of our starters)

TE depth (no one behind Hooper)

LB depth (don’t want to see this unit minus Debo again)

FB(challenge Ortiz please)

RB(TeCo gone...plan set with Free/Ito/Hill or we look for one...OL fixed it may not matter)

Honorable mention: Backup QB

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Forgot LG whoops

54 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

1. RT

2. RG

3. DT/DE

4. NT

I expect We'll target a RT and DT in free agency.  That should open us up for the draft.  Drafting either DE, DT, OG in the first round.

I like you.

I think we should clear up more cap space and try to fill as many holes in free agency as possible. At least three or four of these positions. Here are some players that could make it to free agency. There are others. Who would you target?

• OT - Trent Brown, Daryl Williams, Donovan Smith, JuWaun James, Jordan Mills
  • OG - Quinton Spain, Roger Saffold, James Carpenter
  • NT -  Malcom Brown, Danny Shelton, Johnathan Hankins, Jordan Mills
  • DT - Grady Jarrett, Ndamukong Suh, Sheldon Richardson
  • DE - Bruce Irvin, Ezekiel Ansah, Preston Smith, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan

Unfortunately we will likely need to fill one or two holes with a rookie and count on them to start on day one. Here are a few players that could be on the board when we're on the clock in the first and second. Some will be gone. Others could drop to us. Some of these OTs played on the left side but could convert. A couple project to OG. Who would you take with our first two picks?

• OT - Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Yodny Cajuste, David Edwards, Andre Dillard
  • OG - Chris Lindstrom, Darryl Williams, Connor McGovern, Beau Benzschawel, Martez Ivey
  • NT - Dexter Lawrence, Greg Gaines, Daylon Mack, Olive Sagapolu
  • DT - Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, Rashan Gary, Jeffery Simmons, Khalen Saunders
  • DE - Montez Sweat, Jachai Polite, Jaylon Ferguson, Oshane Ximines, Charles Omenihu
gkgrimes likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Better situational coaching and game planning by DQ and his staff should be up there fairly high....:ninja:

Thank you.

This is where the difference will be made more so than the roster changes.

If we can eliminate alot of what hurt us last season we go a long way to improve and too me that starts off the field.

Alot of poor off the field decisions hurt on the field outside of the obvious.

Vandy and Falconsin2012 like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

- Sun Tzu

Touché and that’s why our battle needs to be won before a football is thrown or touched.Off field decisions is where this team needs to be better.DQ and TD I’m looking at you.

Falconsin2012 and Vandy like this

More than 10 but

High priority (Must get)

• RT1 / RG1
  • DT1

Medium priority (Could use)

• RG2 / RT2
  • CB3
  • LG1 / LG2
  • C2
  • DL (Depth)
  • Edge (assume we keep Beasley and Irvin)
  • LB (Depth)
  • FB

Low priority (Nice to have)

• RB3
  • WR4
  • TE2 / TE3
Ergo Proxy likes this

33 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think we should clear up more cap space and try to fill as many holes in free agency as possible. At least three or four of these positions. Here are some players that could make it to free agency. There are others. Who would you target?

• OT - Daryl Williams, Trent Brown, JuWaun James, Jordan Mills
  • OG - Quinton Spain, Roger Saffold, James Carpenter
  • NT -  Malcom Brown, Danny Shelton, Johnathan Hankins, Jordan Mills
  • DT - Grady Jarrett, Ndamukong Suh, Sheldon Richardson
  • DE - Bruce, Irvin, Ezekiel Ansah, Preston Smith, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan

Unfortunately we will likely need to fill one or two holes with a rookie and count on them to start on day one. Here are a few players that could be on the board when we're on the clock in the first and second. Some will be gone. Others could drop to us. Some of these OTs played on the left side but could convert. A couple project to OG. Who would you take with our first two picks?

• OT - Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Yodny Cajuste, David Edwards, Andre Dillard
  • OG - Chris Lindstrom, Darryl Williams, Connor McGovern, Beau Benzschawel, Martez Ivey
  • NT - Dexter Lawrence, Greg Gaines, Daylon Mack, Olive Sagapolu
  • DT - Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, Rashan Gary, Jeffery Simmons, Khalen Saunders
  • DE - Montez Sweat, Jachai Polite, Jaylon Ferguson, Oshane Ximines, Charles Omenihu

If it was up to me...obviously resign Jarrett and Irvin first.  Then sign a RT and NT.  Then I'm trying to grab another DE if possible.

In the draft I'm going either Oliver or Simmons in the first.  Grabbing a guard or an OT to convert to guard in the second.

Edited by abcranford2

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I would also add finding a better and more cost effective solution at backup QB should also be a priority. I don't care except for the cap space, but Matt Schaub has been stealing money from falcons.for 3 years running.....

Sanu

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this