egoprime II

O Line Philosophy Makes No Sense

81 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Its one of those things where its not totally irrelevant but its not a defining thing either. And most of the time, we're talking about pretty small differences in weight. When you're an elite athlete (which pretty much everyone in the NFL is, albeit to different degrees), the difference between 295 and 310 just isnt that significant. Nowhere near as significant as technique, leverage, functional strength, etc.

Just find good players, ya know? 

Exactly. Just find the talent. If teams subscribed to only heavy guys are good the bucs miss Sapp. The vikes miss Randle. We probably won the nfccg because he didn’t play. He was that much of a difference maker. 

It got to the point i had to take my phone out and show my dads friend how close in weight a lot of the guys he was mentioning were. Not only that but things like the height difference in freeman and Coleman and Ingram and Kamara but they all weigh around the same but each uses their attributes differently BECAUSE of height. Kamara and Coleman run differently than free and Ingram because they’re taller guys. But they all weigh about the same. Can’t look at weight and make a determination. Starts with talent. 

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Insanely false. 

Undersized great players 

Warren Sapp

John randle 

Enmitt Smith

Barry sanders

Walter Payton 

Aaron Donald

Russell Wilson

Charles Leno

Elvis Dumervil

Dwight Freeney

Mike Singletary

Von Miller

Ray Lewis

And that’s just off top of my head. Many more throughout history  

Ouchie.

Bob Sanders/MJD/Steve Smith/Wes Welker

On 2/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

OMG!!! Ryan had 35 TD passes and only 7 INT's with the worst rushing attack in the NFL and yet it's his fault the Falcons only won 7 games? Holy **** me!! I swear there's only about 15 posters on this message board that have any common sense at all the rest of y'all are complete dumbasses!!

You are missing the point.

The point is Ryan can play like God and we still lose. Unless we have a good run game and top 10 defense, we'll never see the Lombardi. Dimitroff needs to figure that out. 

56 minutes ago, The Rock said:

You are missing the point.

The point is Ryan can play like God and we still lose. Unless we have a good run game and top 10 defense, we'll never see the Lombardi. Dimitroff needs to figure that out. 

Sounds like every single team in the NFL.