Champford

Brooks Reed Released

200 posts in this topic

Appreciate his time here, but another sensible cut.  I had hoped they would re-negotiate a more team friendly deal, but we will always have his spin moves in our memories.  Best of luck, Brooks!

Edited by athell
Hometownfan and vitaman like this

Thought they'd keep him around.  This makes more sense if they've somehow agreed to a 6-8 mil/year with Beasley (which seems doubtful).  That would mean we still need a base DE, and Beasley would vaguely take over Reed's role.

Would rather have held onto Reed until we saw FA

1 minute ago, athell said:

Beasley is the curious one to me.  As in I am very curious what his salary numbers look like this year.

4 years, 24 mill guaranteed around 8-9 mill average. 

10 sacks won’t surprise me next year

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

We will end up near 50 mill.  Irvin & Beasley will be kept

**** won’t do any good if it’s all spent in house. I know some guys are loved but the whole load shouldn’t be spent in house just to release those same guys in a couple of years

6 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Thought they'd keep him around.  This makes more sense if they've somehow agreed to a 6-8 mil/year with Beasley (which seems doubtful).  That would mean we still need a base DE, and Beasley would vaguely take over Reed's role.

Would rather have held onto Reed until we saw FA

Beasley’s butt ain’t big enough to take over base DE especially not at 6-8 m per yr.....let him go or trade him if he has value 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** won’t do any good if it’s all spent in house. I know some guys are loved but the whole load shouldn’t be spent in house just to release those same guys in a couple of years

If we could get them for 16 mill total it’s a solid use of CAP.  They paired well together.  So much speed on stunts

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this