Dirtybird3

Cap thread

66 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, athell said:

Before the moves Atlanta was slated to have $24,159,598 in cap space.  Cutting Alf and Bryant nets them an additional nearly $11m.  So right now, if what I am seeing is correct, we have about $35m in space with more cuts expected.

29 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

37 mill

A quick 12 mil could be added lol

Before the three cuts went down we were $14.5M under according to OTC. That includes 12 camp bodies on the roster that may be gone. They count $6.4M against the cap. So if you include their cap relief with the $15.2M freed up by cutting Bryant, Alf and Reed, we're sitting at around $36.1M as of now. We could free up an additional $25.2M and get to $61.3M by cutting Beasley, Fusco, Bosher and Shraeder (post June 1). That's enough to sign Grady, extend Julio, Debo and Hoop, re-sign some of our key free agents, sign three or four bonafide street free agents for the Oline and Dline, then sign our draft class.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Before the three cuts went down we were $14.5M under according to OTC. That includes 12 camp bodies on the roster that may be gone. They count $6.4M against the cap. So if you include their cap relief with the $15.2M freed up by cutting Bryant, Alf and Reed, we're sitting at around $36.1M as of now. We could free up an additional $25.2M and get to $61.3M by cutting Beasley, Fusco, Bosher and Shraeder (post June 1). That's enough to sign Grady, extend Julio, Debo and Hoop, re-sign some of our key free agents, sign three or four bonafide street free agents for the Oline and Dline, then sign our draft class.

Thanks old head! Lol

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

lets do it?

45 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OTC is definitely the go to site for cap stuff.  Spotrac basically just takes the info from OTC and reformats it.

51 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Thanks dude....I wait for posts like this....

Just like groceries....I know what to buy...I just dont know how much it costs..

Falconsin2012 and PokerSteve like this

12 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thanks dude....I wait for posts like this....

Just like groceries....I know what to buy...I just dont know how much it costs..

I hear ya man! For a long time I thought a loaf of bread and gal of milk cost $85.00 when my wife went to the store and it took her three hours round trip! Never understood why her nails, hands and feet always looked better on those days...when she came back from Kroger! 

18 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

I hear ya man! For a long time I thought a loaf of bread and gal of milk cost $85.00 when my wife went to the store and it took her three hours round trip! Never understood why her nails, hands and feet always looked better on those days...when she came back from Kroger! 

Yeah man....i know what you mean

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I like this

Gotta have room for Debo and Hooper that’s for sure. Might be deals made during this next season or before the year starts.

We might make a couple mid-tier FA moves and focus on Draft. We can’t really cut like we are in a rebuild.

That’s a waste of resources if you can’t secure the FA pieces; and if you do you ruin cap future if any of them are not 1 year rentals. You will have way too many rookies make the 53man. We are keeping some players that are being talked as cut bubble players. Question is who?

So, some potential cuts may be coming later. Schraeder might get a shot at re-claiming his job or be made to re-structure. Ty is a FA after all, putting us with Matthews and Gono if RS goes immediately. We could designate as post-6/1 and get more cap relief later by splitting money but by the FA is over by then...so to me his contract makes more sense to re-structure as cutting him early without destination leaves dead money relatively close enough to what keeping him on a lower cap hit would ultimately mean.

Can’t hurt to then focus on OG in the draft and ensure 3rd OT Security plans elsewhere to push Schraeder.

Wes might be long term a backup, and for now Fusco could be given a chance to compete given the limbo of interior OL and might be needing camp battle for depth/job. Of course, Fusco could become a cut and we go after someone in FA. Wes is in his final year.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
PokerSteve likes this

12 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I can totally see why we would cut Beasley, but that leaves us with 2 DE's I think (Tak and Vic). Better have a plan in place before doing that

This is funny or I’m confused.  Beasley and Vic are the same person lol.

#55, JDaveG, Dirtybird3 and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, jfalconsp said:

Take it for what it's worth, but Jason Butt of the The Athletic last night was reporting we have $36.5 mil in cap space after the cuts.

Anyone remember what we had the last couple of years going into FA? I feel like this is about where we are most years. Unfortunately there's always 2 or 3 teams with like 90mil in space that sign the big guys to big contracts and make 36mil in space look like nothing.

4 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Anyone remember what we had the last couple of years going into FA? I feel like this is about where we are most years. Unfortunately there's always 2 or 3 teams with like 90mil in space that sign the big guys to big contracts and make 36mil in space look like nothing.

Nope. Last time we had space like this was when we added Mack and Sanu. 

JDaveG, Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this