ya_boi_j

Here we go. Bryant’s wife

124 posts in this topic

With all due respect to Melissa and Matt, a kicker can only come with so much vengeance. :D

Still torn on how I feel about it....just hope we use his money wisely.

Flying Falcon likes this

16 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I don't think many fans would do that. Bryant was a fan favorite around here. I've been seeing people going nuts about this. 

Yeah, I'm on that "They cut the wrong Matt" train.

7 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

LOL at "coming for us with a vengeance..."   Does that mean he's going to make kicks against us that he was going to go ahead and miss against some other team?

"Well, I WAS going to shank this kick wide right, but since it's against the Falcons...right down the middle, you bastiges!"

:lol::lol:

19 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It's a tough business, but she's not wrong. His nickname wasn't "money" for no reason. Dude was absolutely clutch when you needed him and our inability to score TDs made him more valuable than most kickers. I just hope he doesn't sign in the NFC South..:huh:

Vandy and rounz like this

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

I'm on the, we pay a lot of money on special teams and still have crappy special teams so cut them all, train. Let the new st coach pick his own guys. 

1 hour ago, vafalconfan said:

It's a tough business, but she's not wrong. His nickname wasn't "money" for no reason. Dude was absolutely clutch when you needed him and our inability to score TDs made him more valuable than most kickers. I just hope he doesn't sign in the NFC South..:huh:

Yup....And Everyone assuming the new guy is going to be just as clutch are most likely in for a rude awakening. 

TheUsualStuff likes this

21 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

All I take from this quote is that Matt has a supportive spouse who is squarely in his corner. Anyone who has that has a good thing. Money can't buy you that and you can't win it playing football. I'm happy for both of them.

2 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Its a short train, but its on a long track. Make yourself comfortable.

Flying Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, falcndave said:

All I take from this quote is that Matt has a supportive spouse who is squarely in his corner. Anyone who has that has a good thing. Money can't buy you that and you can't win it playing football. I'm happy for both of them.

you guys really don't have to keep quoting that post

I see why she's upset and I see why the Falcons cut him. 

But airing one's anger in public usually does a lot more harm than good, so I hope she can find some peace about this.   After all this is a game, not life and death. 

Perspective is always a good thing to harness.

Vandy, ya_boi_j and ParanoidAndroid like this

21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yup....And Everyone assuming the new guy is going to be just as clutch are most likely in for a rude awakening. 

Bingo. Can't believe people are giving GK all that cred for one game. Gotta wait to see what he does when those lights are bright. Even when Bryant was hobbling out there you knew he was automatic. If you wanted to save money on ST, get rid of one of the league worst in Bosher who would have given us similar savings. Something deeper has to be at play here. 

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I see why she's upset and I see why the Falcons cut him. 

But airing one's anger in public usually does a lot more harm than good, so I hope she can find some peace about this.   After all this is a game, not life and death. 

Perspective is always a good thing to harness.

Yup...For reasonable folks, throwing one’s emotions out there in social media almost always ends up being a regrettable endeavor. 

(Our current President not withstanding)

:ninja:

octoslash likes this

22 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Its called BUSINESS.

Actually she should vent to Matt Ryan for taking the big piece out of a pie.

Or how about the Owners around the league actually paying lesser QBs which pushes up better players price? 

Tired of folks blaming other people for doing EXACTLY what they would do in the same situation. 

Taking the money that is offered!

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yup...For reasonable folks, throwing one’s emotions out there in social media almost always ends up being a regrettable endeavor. 

(Our current President not withstanding)

:ninja:

He's just a complete dumb ***. Can't include him in a conversation with humans who aren't above themselves

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

He's just a complete dumb ***. Can't include him in a conversation with humans who aren't above themselves

A dumb*** who the other side still can't figure out. And if they don't put a decent candidate out soon, get ready for another four years. But that's for a different thread.

Vandy and ya_boi_j like this

40 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I agree with this, but if Italian Ice is 90% as good we will probably be okay.

No way do I see him replicating what Bryant has done, but I believe the money will be necessary to get other things we need. Plus with the age I don't think we want to risk injury that leaves us in bad way unless we carry a backup kicker all year, and I don't think we want to do that either. I hate, hate, hate losing Bryant, but I do also think its best to make a move a year too early than it is to do it a year too late.

Agree or not with the move; it still makes me sad. You develop an attachment to these guys who have meant so much to the team.

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

She is wrong though. He had the back injury in 2017 and the leg that caused him to miss games in 2018. If those two things hadn't happened then there's no doubt this move doesn't happen. If he had been totally healthy these last two years then there's no need to move on. But his injuries forced their hand.

Vandy likes this

42 minutes ago, stizz said:

Bingo. Can't believe people are giving GK all that cred for one game. Gotta wait to see what he does when those lights are bright. Even when Bryant was hobbling out there you knew he was automatic. If you wanted to save money on ST, get rid of one of the league worst in Bosher who would have given us similar savings. Something deeper has to be at play here. 

Bryant's injury issues the last 2 years is why this happened. Had he been totally healthy this move doesn't happen.

I get why people didn't like the move, but these things always happen. I mean they cut Roddy and people were all upset about that. Teams move on from players. The energy and vitriol we see towards the team would be swung in the opposite direction towards Bryant had they kept him another yr and he ended up missing several key FG. Then it'll be "Why haven't we gotten younger at the K position" or "We should've cut him last yr" type of posts.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Bryant's injury issues the last 2 years is why this happened. Had he been totally healthy this move doesn't happen.

How did he finish the season? Dude kicked a 57 yard FG on one leg. How many kickers in this league can do that?

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this