ya_boi_j

Here we go. Bryant’s wife

124 posts in this topic

Meh. If Matt himself didn't see this coming, he was delusional. The writing was on the wall when we kept Tavecchio. Love ya Matt but this is football. I appreciate all the memories wish you all the best but I will not mourn the career of someone that made it to 42 semi healthy and a millionaire. 

papachaz and gkgrimes like this

Matt Bryant is a great kicker. He has been automatic and has hit so many game winners. With that said, it is an advantage to kick indoors vs outside. And his cap hit is too big for  us to pray he stays healthy. If he didn’t continue to get hurt, I guarantee we keep him even with the big cap hit.

Can't be mad at the woman, she's just standing by her man. Getting let go from any job sucks,but this is purely a business move

so getting hurt to missing 3 games and a bye, is why we should keep him? Don't get me wrong, he is amazing, but injury/health plays a factor. you saw how even when he returns from an injury its tough. look at GB game week 14. 

He's only going to be clutch for 40+. unless a coach wants to really win that one game and doesn't mind that Bryant will be out for the next month. 

The people saying that this makes no sense doesn't understand the business side of things. You've got big money tied up in a 43-year old kicker that has had back and leg injuries the last 2 years. It sucks from a personal standpoint but from a business standpoint this makes perfect sense. The folks saying this is another clueless move by the Falcons needs to get out of their feelings and look at this objectively from a business prospective. I wish Bryant the best but this is the correct move.

47 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

That money is going to come in handy. Maybe could be crucial we don't know. But this was the right move.

Maybe they can use it to bring in more of those crowd noise machines :ninja:

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

This was always going to be the toughest decision. It sucks, but I think it's the right call. We've been burned in the past with kickers falling off a cliff and not having any succession plan in place. 

Doesn't make it any easier on Matt Bryant or his family. Would have loved to see him retire here and take up a coaching role.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

I will never be able to understand the relationship between your screenname and your complete disdain for everything Matt Ryan does...

I am the most loyal Ryan fan since his B.C days.

That said, I was being facetious.....you guys need to get over Superbowl 51 post meltdown and stop taking everything seriously.

In all seriousness, Matt deserved the money he got but, so does Money Matt deservws what hes done for this organization & still able to do. ...dont think it was too much he was asking.

There are other players on team who are non productive and are getting paid way more.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But this team is serious about getting money and making the right moves

This team isn't serious about squat.  If they were serious, they would have fired DQ instead of firing everyone around him.  If all of those people needed to be fired, then clearly, Quinn was doing a bad job.  We're cleaning house at this point.  Out with the old, in with the new.  Frankly, I don't know what to expect.  Bryant has been money for us.  He was going to have a 3.5 or 4 million dollar cap hit.  There's no reason that he shouldn't have retired with us, in his time.  Let's hope and pray that this doesn't bite us in the butt.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The people saying that this makes no sense doesn't understand the business side of things. You've got big money tied up in a 43-year old kicker that has had back and leg injuries the last 2 years. It sucks from a personal standpoint but from a business standpoint this makes perfect sense. The folks saying this is another clueless move by the Falcons needs to get out of their feelings and look at this objectively from a business prospective. I wish Bryant the best but this is the correct move.

If its just business then they should let Vic Beasley walk away.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's not a cluless move by any means. Just one I don't personally agree with. Bryant had one more good season in him and now we will have to cross our fingers that a relatively unproven guy doesn't cost us games. Hopefully the faith the organisation has on Giorgio Tavecchio is not misguided.

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I am the most loyal Ryan fan since his B.C days.

That said, I was being facetious.....you guys need to get over Superbowl 51 post meltdown and stop taking everything seriously.

In all seriousness, Matt deserved the money he got but, so does Money Matt deservws what hes done for this organization & still able to do. ...dont think it was too much he was asking.

There are other players on team who are non productive and are getting paid way more.

A contract should never be based on past production. It should be what he can produce in the future. For a 43year old, the future of your health in the NFL is always an uncertainty even moreso than other players. 

Does he deserve the money he made, absolutely. Does he deserve another top dollar contract given the risks? giphy.gif&ehk=FPrzKcOsMyeypLbYWj1XCQ 

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

I will never be able to understand the relationship between your screenname and your complete disdain for everything Matt Ryan does...

Agree, he always somehow turns the subject to a supposed shortcoming of Ryan, real or imagined.

1 hour ago, falconfreek123 said:

Bears should sign him.

Hes much better than sparky

The Vikings should be blowing up Money Matt's phone. They have been looking for a good FG kicker for years. Plus, they play their home games indoors. It would be a great fit.

JDaveG and Falconsfan567 like this

16 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

A contract should never be based on past production. It should be what he can produce in the future. For a 43year old, the future of your health in the NFL is always an uncertainty even moreso than other players. 

Does he deserve the money he made, absolutely. Does he deserve another top dollar contract given the risks? giphy.gif&ehk=FPrzKcOsMyeypLbYWj1XCQ 

Risks are in their **** cluttered brains!!

Money Matt has been clutch! Irrespective of his age....

I want someone to prove me where he has Hurt this team during a game last year barring minor injury which sidelined him?

How many "CLUTCH" kicks he has been making? Or missed due to which Falcons lost?

People got mad when we cut Roddy.  Roddy most of all.  We went to the Super Bowl that season.  It happens, and it sucks, but it's how things are done by winning teams.

I have nothing bad to say about Mrs. Bryant, and she is certainly entitled to her feelings and they are imminently understandable.  As a fan, I share them to a large degree.  But this is business.

Here's how it is -- good teams move on from good players while they are still good.  All the time.  When teams around the league are stocked with your former players, that is a sign you are doing something right (assuming you're actually winning and not being the Browns).  Sometimes you move on due to scheme fit.  Sometimes you move on due to performance vs. cost.  Sometimes you move on because the player can't play anymore at the level they used to.  Bryant is clearly the 2nd.  They aren't saying he can't play anymore.  They don't have a new kicking scheme (LOL).  They aren't saying he isn't any good, and certainly not that he was never any good.  They're just saying for the money, we believe we can get comparable performance longer-term from a guy who costs less, and we think the team will be better if we use this money to fill other holes.

As a player, that sucks.  As a wife of a player, that REALLY sucks.  And for us as fans, that sucks.  I didn't want to lose Roddy White.  I don't want to lose Matt Bryant.  But good teams cut players early rather than too late.  Dan Quinn is trying to build a good team.  This was the right move, as wrong as it feels for all of us.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

People got mad when we cut Roddy.  Roddy most of all.  We went to the Super Bowl that season.  It happens, and it sucks, but it's how things are done by winning teams.

I have nothing bad to say about Mrs. Bryant, and she is certainly entitled to her feelings and they are imminently understandable.  As a fan, I share them to a large degree.  But this is business.

Here's how it is -- good teams move on from good players while they are still good.  All the time.  When teams around the league are stocked with your former players, that is a sign you are doing something right (assuming you're actually winning and not being the Browns).  Sometimes you move on due to scheme fit.  Sometimes you move on due to performance vs. cost.  Sometimes you move on because the player can't play anymore at the level they used to.  Bryant is clearly the 2nd.  They aren't saying he can't play anymore.  They don't have a new kicking scheme (LOL).  They aren't saying he isn't any good, and certainly not that he was never any good.  They're just saying for the money, we believe we can get comparable performance longer-term from a guy who costs less, and we think the team will be better if we use this money to fill other holes.

As a player, that sucks.  As a wife of a player, that REALLY sucks.  And for us as fans, that sucks.  I didn't want to lose Roddy White.  I don't want to lose Matt Bryant.  But good teams cut players early rather than too late.  Dan Quinn is trying to build a good team.  This was the right move, as wrong as it feels for all of us.

Bill Walsh said that you want to get rid of a player a year too soon rather than a year too late. That is the way he ran the 49ers and it worked pretty well for him. Players didn't like it and it seemed ruthless from a personal standpoint but from a business standpoint it worked.

JDaveG and vanhino like this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Bill Walsh said that you want to get rid of a player a year too soon rather than a year too late. That is the way he ran the 49ers and it worked pretty well for him. Players didn't like it and it seemed ruthless from a personal standpoint but from a business standpoint it worked.

Bellichick does the same thing.  Most good teams do.

Falconsfan567 and vanhino like this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

They got millions, they can get over it. He can easily retire. They don't have to move at all. 

It's true they don't have to move and they have lots of money but do you think their school-aged kids care about the money?? If they move, they have to leave their school and their friends to go be strangers in another city. Also I bet if your the kid of an NFL player, you get a little more attention than you want at that age. If they don't move, then Dad is out of town for 7 months of the year and they barely get to see him.

We have to stop saying that whatever happens to athletes in their personal lives is ok just because they have money. Your financial life is important, but it's not the only thing that matters.

Mr.Blank and Flying Falcon like this