TRUju2111

Trade for Gurley

75 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

Fair enough. I guess I will go through every single post on the front page and let them know how stupid they are..Mines a fantasy, call it stupidity if you want, but I'm not the guy who didn't run the ball. Thats the only person I will call stupid that represents Atl in anyway

Naah, this is a particularly stupid thread.  The caps hits for moving Gurley mean it won't happen even if they wanted it to. Even if they wanted to, Falcons aren't taking that much cap on for another RB.

caponine likes this

27 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao Hilarious. There’s literally no way in h@ll that the Rams trade Gurley, let alone the Falcons being the one to make an offer for Gurley.

On a side note, Gurley wasn’t injured. Both he and McVay said he was fine. 

TAFT Logic:

McVay: Gurley is fine.

TAFT: No, Gurley is hurt!

Gurley: I’m fine.

TAFT: No, you’re hurt!

F@cking crazy  lol

Still believe he was hurt. Something wasn't right.

Even when he did get snaps, Gurley didn't play that well and didn't look like he did during the season. It was reported that Gurley was injured going into the playoffs.

Also, I find it hard to believe McVay would take his best offensive player off the field for most of the postseason and SB unless he wasn't healthy.

I think it was similar to how Julio is used as a decoy when he is injured. It forces opposing defenses to still have to heavily gameplan for him.

AtlantaFanatic likes this

2 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

And you be the one blocking for him upfront?

Stacey Abrams could block for him, and play nose tackle.

We'd be better off going for Bell...

That said...

no...

It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong offseason if this is what we have to look forward to and only 3 days after the Super Bowl...

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

I feel it man..debates get heated but as long as you don't call me names and get personal I get over it real quick

I understand that 

21 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even when he did get snaps, Gurley didn't play that well and didn't look like he did during the season. It was reported that Gurley was injured going into the playoffs.

Also, I find it hard to believe McVay would take his best offensive player off the field for most of the postseason and SB unless he wasn't healthy.

I think it was similar to how Julio is used as a decoy when he is injured. It forces opposing defenses to still have to heavily gameplan for him.

He was hurt. I like McVay but his handling of Gurley was like watching a child (McVay) try to emulate an adult (Bill B.)

Gurley looking like me out there running the ball and McVay just put his fingers in his ears and was like "he's not hurt, he's not hurt, he's not hurt, la la la la la"

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I honestly don’t think it was an injury. His mannerisms, as well as McVay’s, didn’t lead me to that conclusion. There was a report I read on the Rams’ message board that said he refused to answer reporters’ questions. 

Now this is just speculation, but I personally believe it could be a few different things.

1: Mental Issues

2: Personal Issues

3: McVay may have lost confidence in him. (Least likely)

Either way he didn’t perform. There’s been an ongoing narrative on this board that we would have won the Super Bowl if we had Gurley. I think this is the ultimate “nail in the coffin” for that stance. 

14 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I honestly don’t think it was an injury. His mannerisms, as well as McVay’s, didn’t lead me to that conclusion. There was a report I read on the Rams’ message board that said he refused to answer reporters’ questions. 

Now this is just speculation, but I personally believe it could be a few different things.

Either way he didn’t perform. There’s been an ongoing narrative on this board that we would have won the Super Bowl if we had Gurley. I think this is the ultimate “nail in the coffin” for that stance. 

Glad other people see that it wasn't an injury..a lot going on we don't know about, yet.

43 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I doubt McVay lost confidence in him during a 1,251 rushing yard and 17 rushing td season.

I remember it being reported that Gurley was injured going into the playoffs. I sure as **** don't believe that "we just wanted to split carries" statement from McVay.

3 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

No he wasnt..he and Mcvay claim he was healthy. Mcvay excuse was he thought there offense would be better splitting carries

By splitting, you mean not give Gurley any?

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I doubt McVay lost confidence in him during a 1,251 rushing yard and 17 rushing td season.

I remember it being reported that Gurley was injured going into the playoffs. I sure as **** don't believe that "we just wanted to split carries" statement from McVay.

Yeah I doubt it’s a lack of confidence. Perusing the Rams message boards a bit, there seems to be a contingent of fans that believe he got lazy after he got his payday. As well as some that believe there’s some character underlying character issues surfacing. That’s just speculation though.

Gurley played 66% of the snaps in the Super Bowl. He only ran 10 times but he still had to block or go out on routes. Rams had a total of 18 rushing attempts, so he still had more touches than Anderson. That’s pretty active, all things being considered. 

I can’t speculate on what information pundits/analysts were giving out. By Gurley’s own words he’s not injured. He even went on to mention that he’s been on a “2 month break”. I can only go off by what the man says. 

6 hours ago, athell said:

RB is not our problem.  Gurley behind our OLine last year would have been just as awful.

Build the OLine, and the rushing game will be revitalized with Free, Ito and company.  We don't need Gurley.  We need linemen.

True

athell likes this

5 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao Hilarious. There’s literally no way in h@ll that the Rams trade Gurley, let alone the Falcons being the one to make an offer for Gurley.

On a side note, Gurley wasn’t injured. Both he and McVay said he was fine. 

TAFT Logic:

McVay: Gurley is fine.

TAFT: No, Gurley is hurt!

Gurley: I’m fine.

TAFT: No, you’re hurt!

F@cking crazy  lol

Because if he was hurt then the Rams get in trouble and could lose draft picks.

7 hours ago, runshoot said:

off season is sooo bad around here.

C’mon man. At least, Free wasn’t bashed when he first showed signs of an injury and has since become a cut brigade table slamming piece. Gurley obviously would never be.:ninja::shrug::lol:

:tiphat:

7 hours ago, runshoot said:

off season is sooo bad around here.

C’mon man. At least Free wasn’t bashed when he first showed signs of an injury and has since become a cut brigade table slamming piece like Gurley obviously would be.:ninja::shrug::lol:

:tiphat:

Edited by Ergo Proxy