TRUju2111

Trade for Gurley

76 posts in this topic

Something isn't right in LA..No reason for Anderson to take snaps from an MVP caliber rb. There seems to be something that isnt right between Gurley and Mcvay. I see him requesting a trade after getting dogged out in the biggest game of his life

Still would to have liked to see Gurley more utilised in the passing game.Especially when it was a huge key for that Pats dline to stop the running between the tackles.Basically the interior of that Rams Oline that everyone was creaming themselves over got taken away.

I was waiting for McVay to adjust his strategy on Gurleys usage but nothing came.Gurley vs Van Noy and co in space hmmmm.

5 minutes ago, athell said:

RB is not our problem.  Gurley behind our OLine last year would have been just as awful.

Build the OLine, and the rushing game will be revitalized with Free, Ito and company.  We don't need Gurley.  We need linemen.

On one hand, I like the rational explanation of why it's a bad idea but on the other.....

1 minute ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

go away.

that would do the trick as well.

athell likes this

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Gurley was injured.

Probably was on a snap count and used sparingly based on situations.

No he wasnt..he and Mcvay claim he was healthy. Mcvay excuse was he thought there offense would be better splitting carries

Edited by TRUju2111

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

No he wasnt..he and Mcvay claim he was healthy. Mcvay excuse was he thought there offense would be better splitting carries

Not that it is going to matter to you, but McVay has every reason to cover up an injury due to the team getting penalized for lying about or withholding an injury.

falconidae likes this

Lol you guys Crack me up..such a negative group..but hey the reply give me a good laugh. So much so even though I was plowing snow all night I just got out of bed to enjoy my day. (Only 11am got off work at 930 am)Thanks guys

3 minutes ago, athell said:

My timing to return is now extremely questionable.

lol. OP admitted to posting while on the bottle during a meltdown during the season. Not saying that's the case now but I wouldn't hold this thread against the board

1989Fan and athell like this

So.....in what world does the blame for whatever is going on in LA fall on the guy who is primarily responsible for Todd Gurley's production and not on Todd Gurley himself? 

I mean....seriously?

And FTR: Gurley is pretty high on the "untradeable" list. Rams would have to eat $16m in accelerated dead money to trade Gurley. It would cost them an additional $7.5 million to trade him. His salaries are reasonable over the back part of the deal so conceivably they could trade him as they get closer to the end of the dead money. But right now, he's not going nowhere.....without a major cost to the Rams, at least. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

lol. OP admitted to posting while on the bottle during a meltdown during the season. Not saying that's the case now but I wouldn't hold this thread against the board

I had a meltdown because someone called me a *****. As for this post it's because I just watch a 20 min segment on the situation and everyone agreed something isn't right. Former coaches, players, gms, and sport reporters all agree that something is fishy. And I fn love Gurley! Wishful thinking, but when he's on the block I don't want to hear **** out of anyone lol

2 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I had a meltdown because someone called me a *****. As for this post it's because I just watch a 20 min segment on the situation and everyone agreed something isn't right. Former coaches, players, gms, and sport reporters all agree that something is fishy. And I fn love Gurley! Wishful thinking, but when he's on the block I don't want to hear **** out of anyone lol

Go look at how much it would cost the Rams to cut him and then explain why it makes sense.

in what world does this even begin to make sense?? lol i mean honestly you call me out for my threads but this has to be the dumbest thread i’ve ever seen on here. You have Freeman and Ito and you wanna sign gurley so he can be 2nd or 3rd string ?? Smh yall didnt want alotta money tied inro rbs but you want gurley’s contract? :huh:

8 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I had a meltdown because someone called me a *****. As for this post it's because I just watch a 20 min segment on the situation and everyone agreed something isn't right. Former coaches, players, gms, and sport reporters all agree that something is fishy. And I ****** love Gurley! Wishful thinking, but when he's on the block I don't want to hear **** out of anyone lol

You won’t because it’s not gonna happen. You can take their words for it but he isn’t 100% 

caponine and AtlantaFanatic like this

18 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I don't believe McVay.

It was obvious that Gurley was hurt before and during the NFCCG. McVay was probably thinking that it was an advantage keeping his injury a secret.

It would make opponents still have to scheme heavily for Gurley.

AtlantaFanatic likes this