Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

1 hour ago, socalriseup said:

why will i laugh at us? because we are giving up a guy who we can run out there and expect him to make almost any distance field goal under 60yds.

to rely on someone who made a few kicks last year and also kicks lefty so snaps can become an issue.

bryant should have retired a falcon.

the security we had at the position is gone now.

I hope we don't hang on to that dope Bosher just because he can handle lefty snaps. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Nope I'm not an X and O's guy but I can run the scout team believe it or not 

I choose not.  You seem to be just another troll from what I've read.  Beasley was graded as a first rounder by everyone, so choosing him in the first round wasn't a stretch and why would you look at college tape to evaluate how good a NFL player who has been in the league for multiple years?  

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

He's 43,  had a leg injury last year and has a big contract, if that doesn't add up to being cut, you haven't been an NLF fan long.

They do not have the money to keep two kickers.

Giorgio is on a minimum contract man. The Falcons already have 40 plus before cutting Reed and Schraeder. Bosher was the one to get rid of. Dumb move. 

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Why would we keep two kickers? Cut Bryant and let's get some money. Awesome move.

They kept two kickers all of last year. What do we save cutting Bryant? 2 mill? We never had to cross our fingers when Bryant trotted out there. We have no idea if Giorgio can handle high pressure situations. 

Just now, stizz said:

Giorgio is on a minimum contract man. The Falcons already have 40 plus before cutting Reed and Schraeder. Bosher was the one to get rid of. Dumb move. 

Way to ignore the first part of that. He's 43, he had a leg injury last year and a big contract. Age, injury, contract- That combo is going to apply to dozens of vets who get released over the few months.

It's actually a sign of respect to cut him as early as possible, to give him the most chance to catch on with another team.

How do the Falcons have 40 mil? OTC shows them at 14 mil, they get to carry over 1 mil, Alford is another 8 mil, that's 23 mil, not 40 mil.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Players don't go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame under one team unless they played their entire career there.

He's had more sucess as a Falcon than a Buc though. Also has been a Falcon almost twice as long.

I mean in 2019 he'll kick for the Buccaneers with Keith Armstrong as coordinator

As Falcons fans, we are used to white knuckling it through games to the very end. Hel, we have heart medication on constant refill. But one thing we've never had to worry about is Matt Effin Bryant coming onto the field and splitting the goalposts. 

Matt, leave no doubt in your mind that you are well-respected among us, and we will never forget how great you are and all that you brought to the team. For you truly demonstrated what a consummate player and teammate looks like. 

You Da Real MVP!

13 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

I get that. But, considering we have paid him literally millions and millions of dollars, I don’t see the point of calling out the organization. We were good to him & he was good to us. Sometimes you just have to move on, and he will he signed elsewhere for even more money. 

Dude, this happened literally hours ago. I'm sure they will move on eventually, but if I broke you the news that I'm firing you and not paying you 3 million dollars I'm sure it would take you at least a couple of days to get over it.

12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

He's 43,  had a leg injury last year and has a big contract, if that doesn't add up to being cut, you haven't been an NLF fan long.

They do not have the money to keep two kickers.

When I first heard that Bryant was out and injured himself kicking, I knew that was the beginning of the end.