Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

atljbo

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

We shall see if that pays off. If our kicker chokes everyone will be singing a faaaar different tune. Again, I understand the decision, but in this case in particular I don't agree with it. 

It is what it is. Bryant could likely get injured and cost games as well. It’s not an exact science. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

He didn't kick any dude. They wouldn't try it. And again what would we do in the playoffs if he can't go?

Also they should be focusing on not kicking so many 50 yarders.  Let's get closer and score more TDs. He attempted only 4 50+ in 2012. The team attempted 7 last year.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

If you think DQ has "proven he isnt as good at  drafting/selecting players" I have nothing for you because you are blissfully unaware of or are ignoring common sense.

Or you just don't want to see the reality. Y'all give him credit for Debo, Neal, Kazee but forget about Collins, Riley, Harlow, Hill, Fuller, King, Rodgers or the other bums we wasted picks. Common sense is what I use, I don't let my love for this team guide me to be a blind loyalist. 

Just now, Duff_Man said:

He's likely not getting into the HOF. He's behind a lot of other kickers in scoring.

His first half of his career was not good. Had he kicked the way he did in Atlanta through his time in Tampa Bay, well, he probably would have never ended up in Atlanta and would be a no doubt about it HOF kicker.

2 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Or you just don't want to see the reality. Y'all give him credit for Debo, Neal, Kazee but forget about Collins, Riley, Harlow, Hill, Fuller, King, Rodgers or the other bums we wasted picks. Common sense is what I use, I don't let my love for this team guide me to be a blind loyalist. 

So in your world, these guys need to hit on how many draft picks to be 'successful'?

Can you give an example of who, in your mind, has been a successful draft GM/HC?

Also, many of these misses are mid to late rounders.  How many 5th through 7th rounders must he hit on in order for you to consider him a successful drafter?

Edited by athell

2 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Have you ever sat down and looked at the Patriots drafts?

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He didn't kick any dude. They wouldn't try it. And again what would we do in the playoffs if he can't go?

Lol he nailed a 53 yarder in his first game back and the last game of the season he nailed a 49 yarder late in the 4th to give us the win

3 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

His wife just retweeted this. I seriously can’t believe they are emotional and hurt over this. It’s a business. 

She has been pretty outspoken over the years so not surprising.  They seemed to really love it here.  I feel for them, hope he gets picked up shortly (which he absolutely will).  Chicago has to be tripping over themselves to get to a phone.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

So in your world, these guys need to hit on how many draft picks to be 'successful'?

Can you give an example of who, in your mind, has been a successful draft GM/HC?

Also, many of these misses are mid to late rounders.  How many 5th through 7th rounders must he hit on in order for you to consider him a successful drafter?

It's not about "hitting" on players, it's about the obvious bad moves like drafting Jalen Collins who had very bad footwork, bad technique, and got dominated in college, but he had the "measurables" DQ likes. Now he's out of the league. I would've never drafted Collins or a group of the other players DQ wasted picks on. 

Just now, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

It's not about "hitting" on players, it's about the obvious bad moves like drafting Jalen Collins who had very bad footwork, bad technique, and got dominated in college, but he had the "measurables" DQ likes. Now he's out of the league. I would've never drafted Collins or a group of the other players DQ wasted picks on. 

Again, you are not answering my questions.  Stop responding with beating around the bush replies and moving goalposts.

Collins was 1 pick.  A 2nd rounder, that was actually pretty solid if he could just stay off the weed.

In rebuttal, I offer up Shede, who was a Mike Smith pick...

8 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

His wife just retweeted this. I seriously can’t believe they are emotional and hurt over this. It’s a business. 

It's completely understandable actually. How would you feel if your spouse was fired from the job after posting up great results because she/he is getting older and you end up losing millions of dollars as a result? 

14 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Wasn’t King like a 7th round pick? Hill a 5th? Rodgers who? 

The Falcons have had 2 of the greatest drafts in franchise history under DQ, slow your roll man. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

Again, you are not answering my questions.  Stop responding with beating around the bush replies and moving goalposts.

Collins was 1 pick.  A 2nd rounder, that was actually pretty solid if he could just stay off the weed.

In rebuttal, I offer up Shede, who was a Mike Smith pick...

Lmao, pretty solid, did you watch his college tape :lol::lol::lol:.....OK dude I'm done you win enjoy the kool aid 

23 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So you'd be ok with his blowing his leg out on one kick in the playoffs and then we have to find another kicker in the playoffs because he's hurt? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Dude, of course I do. That's why I added the "lol" after it. That last bit was tongue in cheek. Sorry, it's hard to get sarcasm/humor across on a message board.