Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

This is sad news ,  Well good luck finding a good consistent PK.   I know from Browns and other teams how hard it can be to find a good replacement for a good PK.  The game comes down to kicks a lot.  I always think about the super bowl after Julio's great catch and if they only kicked the FG instead of getting sacked in shot gun for a 13 yard loss

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

How is the o-line overpaid? 

The right side sucked and left guard was suspect at times too

2 hours ago, stizz said:

LOL at dual threat. He HAD to be a good tackler because he can't kick the ball out of the endzone.

When was the last time someone took it to the house with Bosh? I can’t recall any this year and maybe 3 last year if that. Yes he isn’t a boomer like he used to be but still effective. You make it sound like he’s trash. 

9 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

The right side sucked and left guard was suspect at times too

When was the last time someone took it to the house with Bosh? I can’t recall any this year and maybe 3 last year if that. Yes he isn’t a boomer like he used to be but still effective. You make it sound like he’s trash. 

They barely get paid.

Can´t believe they really cut him when TD has stuck with worse players way more overpaid than him. Clutch and one of the most consistent players in the franchise, and a future HOF in my opinion. Wish he would've finished his career as a Falcon.

Thank you Matt. I will never forget how happy you made me with the FG against Seattle :) 

7 hours ago, vel said:

As much as I hate it, it makes sense. At some point, they had to move on. He missed games due to injury. Non-contact injuries. How much longer can a 44 year old kicker go? 

Yall love to preach "I'd rather let someone go a year too early instead of a year too late" until it's time to do just that. Practice what you preach. We all loved Money Matt. But betting on a 44 year old kicker is a ticking time bomb. 

And for people saying it's a massive mistake, two things. One, we have a good kicker in Italian Ice Giorgio Tavecchio, who was 100% in his time here. They've seen him working since week 7. Considering how hard other teams have had finding reliable kickers, they believe Tavecchio is that. Why risk losing him? 

And two, the Patriots let all time Adam Vinatieri walk when he was only 33. He's kicked for another 13 years with the Colts. The Pats seem to be just fine... 

... BBBBBBUUUUTTTTT!!!!!!

...are they?

lCdFGuK.gif

I made a post earlier on this,, It's very evident that Matt is done... He's having way to many issues with his body to keep him.. We need to get the very best Kicker we can this off season.. As I've said in a couple of my last post.. A kicker is probably the most underrated player on any NFL team.. They can win a lot of games for a team... Or,,,,, They can lose a lot of games , It is so so oso important to have the best Kicker we possibly can get in this off season.. I can't express it enough.. 

The great thing I love about TD and Quinn,,,, They always diagnose a problem and at least they try hard to fix it in the off season. What more could we ask for.. I think by us keeping Quinn and all the knowledge he has gained ,, just like TD... That will equate to making sure all the things we need this off season will be either worked on or overhauled... Plus they will use the Draft to make this team to be the team we need.  OL, RB added to help Brian Hill ,, etc... Main thang is we have a lot in place already.. WE should be a very good team next season .