Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

Just now, stizz said:

So pay him 2.5 to be among the worst punters in the league? 

No he needs to be paid as a dual threat. Don't see too many punters that can kick and tackle better than the team. He is not a problem. Dimi better restructure that overpaid O-line to keep him.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

not mad about it. I know he doesn't wanna retire but the team has to move on at some point. He's had a great career and likely will make the HOF

That time to hang'em up comes for every athlete and it was obvious this past season was going to be it for Bryant. Hope he handles it gracefully. Wish him the best going forward.

1 hour ago, Sipifalcon said:

Boy we sure as **** ain't playing this year... I love the mindset... All in on next yr... Gone miss you though 3... Always trusted you...

I always knew he wouldn't miss...but at the end there, was always wondering if he was gonna pull the hammy out again...

Will miss the sure feeling that the kick will be made; but I have a feeling Curious Georgio is gonna be solid for us!

7 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

No he needs to be paid as a dual threat. Don't see too many punters that can kick and tackle better than the team. He is not a problem. Dimi better restructure that overpaid O-line to keep him.

LOL at dual threat. He HAD to be a good tackler because he can't kick the ball out of the endzone.

As much as I hate it, it makes sense. At some point, they had to move on. He missed games due to injury. Non-contact injuries. How much longer can a 44 year old kicker go? 

Yall love to preach "I'd rather let someone go a year too early instead of a year too late" until it's time to do just that. Practice what you preach. We all loved Money Matt. But betting on a 44 year old kicker is a ticking time bomb. 

And for people saying it's a massive mistake, two things. One, we have a good kicker in Italian Ice Giorgio Tavecchio, who was 100% in his time here. They've seen him working since week 7. Considering how hard other teams have had finding reliable kickers, they believe Tavecchio is that. Why risk losing him? 

And two, the Patriots let all time Adam Vinatieri walk when he was only 33. He's kicked for another 13 years with the Colts. The Pats seem to be just fine... 

Some of you guys are worse than my mother setting up a garage sale.  Ya can’t part with anything. . . .

”don’t cut Bosher, he can tackle!”

”why?? Bryant was money in the 2012 playoffs”

Carrying two kickers is a waste of money and a roster spot.  Everyone agrees the team needs to make moves to improve, and when they finally get a little bold some of you throw a hissy fit.

I appreciate everything MB did, but I also appreciated everything Jason elam did until he fell off a cliff practically overnight.  

May be difficult in some people's mind.  He is 43 and can't kick forever.  He missed what, three games with nagging type injuries.  Falcons have Tavecchio who was really good for them in his absence.  Plus he is 15 years younger.

Glad the Falcons are making the tough decisions that may not be a favorite of everyone, but what needs to happen to move forward.  

47 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Easy to say, but personally I have no idea how I would react ot missing out on a huge pay-day and being kicked out of the team I've been busting my *** to contribute to for the last 10 years just a year after doing everything in my power to overcome injury and posting pro-bowl type numbers in the process. Must be a pretty hard pill to swallow, especially for wifey. 

I would react more like Hector/Scarface in half baked!

If you don’t know, google is your friend. Can’t find any GIFs that meet the COC lol.

4 minutes ago, isproab said:

May be difficult in some people's mind.  He is 43 and can't kick forever.  He missed what, three games with nagging type injuries.  Falcons have Tavecchio who was really good for them in his absence.  Plus he is 15 years younger.

Glad the Falcons are making the tough decisions that may not be a favorite of everyone, but what needs to happen to move forward.  

Yea I hear ya, and you are correct Bryant was an all timer for this team that has had some iconic kickers,LOL blame our GM just a tad bit too many big contracts on average guys. Nothing average about #3

31 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

He sucks at punting and kickoffs. Used to be a boomer, nowbhe kicks like crap and makes 1-2 good tackles a year. 

I would move on from Bosher.