Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

307 posts in this topic

Just now, Falcanuck said:

Wasn’t King like a 7th round pick? Hill a 5th? Rodgers who? 

The Falcons have had 2 of the greatest drafts in franchise history under DQ, slow your roll man. 

So youre STILL on the "greatest draft ever train" even tho half the city wants to get rid of our 1st round pick?

13 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

His wife just retweeted this. I seriously can’t believe they are emotional and hurt over this. It’s a business. 

Yeah, the Falcons have paid Bryant millions into his 40s. I don’t think they’ve done wrong by him at all here. Giorgio earned a starting job in the NFL. 

TheFalcoholic likes this

Just now, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

So youre STILL on the "greatest draft ever train" even tho half the city wants to get rid of our 1st round pick?

That legitimately has nothing to do with anything at this point. 

athell likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So basically you have no idea what to realistically look for in draft success?

Thanks for the info.

So because I don't follow another team I don't know what draft success looks like'

seems legit 

16 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Lol he nailed a 53 yarder in his first game back and the last game of the season he nailed a 49 yarder late in the 4th to give us the win

My bad then but again you never answered my question.

29 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bryant was 3rd in FG% and 18th in XP% this year. He'll be 44 years old in May and is an injury risk. He missed 9 games in the last four seasons due to injury. I think the timing is good.

Especially when you factor in the money situation...which you absolutely must when it comes to this team at this time, and the holes it has to fill.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

This is unbelievable. Clutch kick after clutch kick. We saw just how important it was the last playoffs and this is what we decide to do with a guy who is proven when the pressure mounts. We have no idea what Giorgio will do in clutch situations when the lights are bright. Wow. 

19 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

His wife just retweeted this. I seriously can’t believe they are emotional and hurt over this. It’s a business. 

God swift is still such a nutcase, trying to stir the pot. I'm not thrilled either but gees swift always goes way over board like the nutcase he is. A troll till the end he is

So because I don't follow another team I don't know what draft success looks like'

seems legit 

Do you know the average hit rate for a 1st rounder? How about a 2nd rounder? I'm betting you don't.

No, you don't know because you have no perspective. You have absolutely no knowledge of how other teams do to compare our drafts to.

You're babbling on about something with incomplete information.

athell and Smiler11 like this

23 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

He's likely not getting into the HOF. He's behind a lot of other kickers in scoring.

after checking, I see there's only 3 kickers in the hall of fame currently and you're right, he's #15 right now, that assumption was dead wrong by me by a long shot

TRUju2111 and falconidae like this

Just now, Falcanuck said:

That legitimately has nothing to do with anything at this point. 

Huh? How does it not everyone here says Vic is a bust, Collins,King and Rodgers is out the league, TeCo is leaving, Hardy amounted to nothing only one from that draft that anyone here would hang their hat on is Grady Jarrett. What makes this one of the greatest drafts ever in Falcons history?

8 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Lmao, pretty solid, did you watch his college tape :lol::lol::lol:.....OK dude I'm done you win enjoy the kool aid 

Cool.  Have a good day.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

My bad then but again you never answered my question.

Because it wasn't a legit question. It was a hypothetical question. But the reality is Bryant is more durable the Georgio because Georgio hasn't even played a full season in his career. Dude could get hurt in the first game and never play another snap in the NFL

19 minutes ago, athell said:

She has been pretty outspoken over the years so not surprising.  They seemed to really love it here.  I feel for them, hope he gets picked up shortly (which he absolutely will).  Chicago has to be tripping over themselves to get to a phone.

He will struggle outside tho.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, Jumpin Jehosaphat said:

Dammit man...you mean we coulda hired YOU to run this franchise???  What a waste...

Nope I'm not an X and O's guy but I can run the scout team believe it or not 

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

Because it wasn't a legit question. It was a hypothetical question. But the reality is Bryant is more durable the Georgio because Georgio hasn't even played a full season in his career. Dude could get hurt in the first game and never play another snap in the NFL

Lol ok dude.

Nope I'm not an X and O's guy but I can run the scout team believe it or not 

Sure you could. Start posting live mock drafts Mr.Draft Champion.

44 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

why will i laugh at us? because we are giving up a guy who we can run out there and expect him to make almost any distance field goal under 60yds.

to rely on someone who made a few kicks last year and also kicks lefty so snaps can become an issue.

bryant should have retired a falcon.

the security we had at the position is gone now.

Umm he's not hitting anything above 55 plus yards with his current 44 year old leg and was 4-5 in that range while Italian Ice is 2-2. His leg is withered and carries a $4M cap hit and about to fall off a cliff. The reason you want Italian Ice to fail is idiotic at best. I swear some of you sound like saints fans.

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

God swift is still such a nutcase, trying to stir the pot. I'm not thrilled either but gees swift always goes way over board like the nutcase he is. A troll till the end he is

Ya that's not something you post to the dudes wife..too dramatic

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He will struggle outside tho.

Sure won't be good for his hammies...but they have to be drooling at the thought of him over Parkey.

Just now, stizz said:

If you wanted to save money on ST, Bosher was the one to cut. Something isn't adding up here. 

Bosher may be next...

stizz, TRUju2111 and Jesus like this

Just now, stizz said:

If you wanted to save money on ST, Bosher was the one to cut. Something isn't adding up here. 

Don't worry that's our next move

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Sure you could. Start posting live mock drafts Mr.Draft Champion.

<_< What does a live mock draft have to do with evaluating talent, there's no way to know who goes where.