atljbo

Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

307 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

oh how im gonna laugh when the tevecchio experiment fails.

do not like this AT ALL

So you'll laugh because Falcons made a tough decision that they felt would move the team forward financially and from the kicker position standpoint. A move Belichick would not have hesitated making. Ok gotcha. 

37 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Good luck to Matt Bryant man... I have all the respect in the world for him man..... Thanks for being a falcon the right way

Ditto from me. 

13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He'll be a Buccaneer I bet

Players don't go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame under one team unless they played their entire career there.

He's had more sucess as a Falcon than a Buc though. Also has been a Falcon almost twice as long.

7 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Yup but what yall hate to admit is that 73% of that team was Smitty's players. The team moves backwards with the more DQ guys we add, but like I already said next year the excuse will be "they're rookie/2nd year players"

73% of the team was Smitty’s? You realize that’s not true at all right?? 

Edited by shock
Ovie_Lover, athell and UnrealfalcoN like this

I still vividly remember Bryant talking **** to Greg Hardy. What a guy. Wish he retired a Falcon, but his leg is still easily top 10. He’ll find work with a contender like the Vikings. 

7 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Players get released all the time all across the league. Karma would be wasting time with us.

Bryant is argueably the best kicker in the NFL atm... despite his age. I just hope our season doesn't come down to a 50 yard field goal next year.

3 minutes ago, shock said:

73% of the team was Smitty’s? You realize that’s not true at all right?? 

He appears to just say things to say things without being able to back them up so...probably not?

Bryant being released was a surprise but not crazy.  I knew that Italian Ice impressed and was hoping Money would just retire a Falcon.  What's bizarre is twitter is going in on Beasley hard on this news.  I hope he does not read twitter.  I know he gets crap all the time for his play but there is some straight up hate being posted.

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Bryant is argueably the best kicker in the NFL atm... despite his age. I just hope our season doesn't come down to a 50 yard field goal next year.

Italian Ice hit 2, 50+ yarders this year...ijs

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

11 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Yup but what yall hate to admit is that 73% of that team was Smitty's players. The team moves backwards with the more DQ guys we add, but like I already said next year the excuse will be "they're rookie/2nd year players"

Smitty’s guys:

Matt Ryan, Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones, Levine Toilolo, Jake Matthews, Ryan Schreader on offense, then on D we got Robert Alford, Trufant and that’s it. We could count Ricardo Allen but he was on the practice squad before DQ showed up. 

DQ’s guys:

Tevin Coleman, Levitre, Mack, Chester, Sanu. And then the entire remaining defense and rotation were brought in by Quinn. 

Idk where you pulled the 73% number out of. 

Edited by shock

3 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Not even close. Justin Tucker is the undisputed best kicker in the NFL, perhaps in history. Zurlein as well. 

32 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The Falcons will miss the first kick of the year and this board will be smoldering ash ten seconds later.

That made me laugh out loud. Made me laugh hard enough that the initials weren't enough.

Agree it makes sense from the business prospective, makes me sad as a fan to think of  not  seeing him out there.

octoslash likes this

I understand the pain. When you're a long time Falcon fan it happens. See Bart, WA31, Claude, Kenn, Nobis, Abe, Jam, Jesse, The Burner, Roddy, you name it. It hurts but we will get over it.

37 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The Falcons will miss the first kick of the year and this board will be smoldering ash ten seconds later.

No but he will miss a game winning or tieing FG while Bryant will nail his. I don't like this move at all..we just lost the best kicker in football