Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Falcons releasing Matt Bryant

307 posts in this topic

So does this move save us $12 million? He had $2.5 million base salary and another $10 million from incentives. How’s that work for cap relief? Because if we just saved $12 million this was a no brainer with Italian Ice on the roster.

Bryant was amazing though, too bad he never got to make that field goal to win the game in the super bowl......

9 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

He better not become a Saint!!!!!!

That's all I ask.

As you know, we owe them one.

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

not mad about it. I know he doesn't wanna retire but the team has to move on at some point. He's had a great career and likely will make the HOF

He'll be a Buccaneer I bet

5 minutes ago, shock said:

So does this move save us $12 million? He had $2.5 million base salary and another $10 million from incentives. How’s that work for cap relief? Because if we just saved $12 million this was a no brainer with Italian Ice on the roster.

Bryant was amazing though, too bad he never got to make that field goal to win the game in the super bowl......

The release will save the Falcons close to $3 million this year and close to $4 million in 2020, and they’ll turn the reins over to Giorgio Tavecchio.

4 minutes ago, shock said:

it saves 2.8 mil on the cap (most likely.unless) ....If we set it up as a june 1st cut it saves 3.5 mil on the cap

Osiruz likes this

Good move. Dude is an injury risk. Take the $2.8M in relief and let Giorgio handle the job. Don't be afraid to see him show up in NO, TB or CHI. The wheels will drop off soon. Good timing Dimi. Keep up the good work. Beasley up next. Trade him, re-work him on a low ball deal, or cut him.

Ugg, I understand it but I'm not thrilled. I would have preferred to keep him and italian ice both on the roster and then let him retire on his own.

3 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

"This team is making good moves"

Next year it'll be

"They were rookie/2nd year players"

We made it to the super bowl and should’ve won with a bunch of rookie/2nd year guys. 

17 minutes ago, shock said:

Usually depends on whether they're likely to be earned. Move frees up $2.88m in capspace.

He was a fantastic Falcon and a great man. He'll be missed. 

I don't like this move. I know this is a business. I know that. But this guy earned the right to retire a Falcon on his own terms. Just my (emotional) take. I'm still furious he couldn't have retired on the unbelievably high note of kicking the game-clinching SB 51 field goal. F*** you, Shanahan.

Also, I like Lefty. And he was good in a truly clutch moment in the Giants game. But a play-off game, 50-yarder, game on the line? I still want Bryant.

vanhino, Falconcheff and Osiruz like this

1 minute ago, shock said:

We made it to the super bowl and should’ve won with a bunch of rookie/2nd year guys. 

Yup but what yall hate to admit is that 73% of that team was Smitty's players. The team moves backwards with the more DQ guys we add, but like I already said next year the excuse will be "they're rookie/2nd year players"