Falcons Fan MVP

Would Mike McCarthy be a good head coach for the Falcons?

41 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Never said your post was trash talk. Just that it's allowed here. I was asking about the swamp forum. If you want you can act like licking the Saints feet to be a part of the forum is fine. Even respected members are downvoted into oblivion for suggesting the NFCCG wasn't a conspiracy. Go on - show me one post with a decent number of upvotes compared to downvotes proving otherwise. Just one.

Not arguing that the Rams weren't garbage under Fisher either. If you aren't going to take this seriously and just plan to selectively misquote me... :lol: Don't know why I'd bother arguing with someone whose fanbase seriously believes the NFL is out to get them when a Brees v Brady Superbowl would've been phenomenal for rankings. The LA market is tiny comparatively.

Fair enough. I do get some good banter here as there are some really knowledgeable posters here, but I’ll engage with anyone equally as long as they can carry their end of the debate, or I feel I have something worthy of being added to their post.

As for SR, again, if you have an account and follow the ToS, you run absolutely zero risk of being banned. No bootlicking necessary.

The biggest problem I’ve seen new posters that are fans of other teams have trouble with when posting there is they can’t seem to post without thinly veiling their profanity. Andrus (the webmaster) and his mods have a zero tolerance policy for that sort of thing; the profanity filter is there for a reason, let it do its job and star out the profane without trying to skirt the edges of it so it’s visible. Even some of our members have issues with following that rule.

Additionally, we do have a “smack” section that’s known as the “Locker Room” where the rules are slightly laxed compared to the main forum. If you want to only post smack, keep it in there and off the SSF. The SSF our version of TATF and any topics that aren’t directly related to the Saints don’t belong on there, but visitors like to ignore that and post their smack there anyway (since the main forum obviously gets the most traffic and their trolling will piss off the most people). However, that’s also the second quickest way to earn a ban hammer.

As for upvotes/downvotes, they’re largely irrelevant. They don’t have a true purpose as plenty upvotes don’t earn you prizes for being liked and plenty downvotes don’t earn you a ban simply for being downvoted like other sites such as Reddit and all. If you go to post smack on a rival team’s board, you’re naturally going to be downvoted into oblivion, even if you’re presenting solid points simply for the fact you’re the minority and they don’t like you. Doesn’t pay to be thin-skinned and get bent out of shape over something pointless like that. Rest assured, I’m not losing any sleep over not getting “likes” here. :lol:

As for the the things about the Rams, I only replied to your entire post. You’re the one that brought up them allegedly being targeted by the officials due to being flagged disproportionately compared to their opponents with Vinovich in the white hat. I simply provided statistical and empirical evidence refuting that claim. If it was a tongue-in-cheek comment then that’s all you had to say. I like to talk, as you probably noticed. ;)

As for a Brees-Brady Super Bowl, I’d bet a pretty penny the ratings wouldn’t have been as bad as they were. Same for Brees-Mahomes. For the sheer fact of the amount of points that would’ve been scored. I’m not even talking and absurd 40-50 points by each team either, just at least both teams hitting the mid-20’s, possibly low to mid-30’s. Any teams that are actually scoring points in the Super Bowl will have better ratings than two teams in the Super Bowl not scoring points, even if they’re both from the largest media markets possible. Casual fans don’t care about inept offensive performance.

Put it this way, after seeing enough of the replay, if that game wouldn’t have been the Super Bowl and had instead just been on any random Sunday where the there was a doubleheader on FOX at the same time, everyone that wasn’t a Patriots or Rams fan would’ve turned the channel to the other game. Which is the reason the ratings tanked.

11 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This is a very hypothetical thread. But if Dan Quinn gets fired after the 2019 season it seems like Mike McCarthy will most likely be our new head coach. Hopefully Quinn works out but I am curious if you guys think Mike McCarthy would be an upgrade from Quinn? Most Packers fans I talked to say they would not recommend him. But what do you guys think?

Way better than Quinn.

"most likely"? Where in the world do you even come up with he would "most likely" be our next coach? AB has yet to hire a previous head coach. Jimmy Mora, Petrino, Mike SMith, DQ were all coordinators. History is there to learn from, use it.

Godzilla1985 likes this

5 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

What about my post you quoted was trash talk? When I start talking trash, you’ll know it. :lol:

As for SaintsReport, there are many members that are fans of other teams that haven’t been banned: VikesFan2017, Arodgers12, Seahawker Ed, ect. are all valued contributors and haven’t been banned.

Largely because they can talk football and more importantly, keep their trash talk within the boundaries of the ToS. Saints fans that don’t follow the ToS are bounced equally as fast.

As for the yadda about the officials “that routinely called double the amount of penalty yardage on the Rams”, you do realize that the Rams under Jeff Fisher were consistently one of the most undisciplined teams regarding penalties in that span, right?

Let’s look at their penalty rankings and records while they were “0-8 with Vinovich as the referee since 2012”...

2012: 2nd most

2013: 3rd most

2014: 6th most (1 penalty out the top-5)

2015: T-9th most (10 penalties out the top-5)

2016: 5th most

2018: T-8th most (7 penalties out the top-5)

Now let’s look at their records and the records of those 8 teams they lost to...

2012 (7-8-1): 11-5 Packers

2013 (7-9): 12-4 Panthers, 12-4 49ers

2014 (6-10): 10-6 Eagles

2015 (7-9): 13-3 Cardinals

2016 (4-12): 2-14 49ers

2018 (13-3): 13-3 Saints, 9-7 Eagles

So was it REALLY the “biases of all the officials” or was it a combination of the fact that the Rams were a sub-.500 team 5 out of those 6 seasons (every year under Fisher), they were in the top-5 or just outside the top-5 every year in penalties, and they were losing to better teams? Only one of those games they lost to a truly worse team (the 2016 49ers) and even then, the Rams were complete garbage considering Fisher got fired after playing y’all.

It wasn’t a conspiracy or a fix on EITHER side. Saints Report has been a joke with all the threads about how the officials missed the call on purpose 

10 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I’d absolutely take that action.

You honestly think Payton is going to leave a situation where not only is he already among the highest paid head coaches in the League, but he also has the most control over any and all personnel decisions than any head coach in the League that’s not named Belichick, only to go to Dallas where he won’t have control over those decisions and additionally, have the Crypt Keeper looking over his shoulder and in his ear at every turn telling him how to coach his team?

Payton already worked for Jones for 3 years so he knows how much of a control freak is and has had his fill. Put two control freaks in the same room and see how often they butt heads. That’s exactly what would happen with Payton as the coach of the Cowboys while still under Jones’ ownership.

You know you don’t have to respond to every attack. People are just down right mean and rude. Over a game no less. Opioid addiction is nothing to joke about. I guess we are all addicted to something. Seems some poeoe are addicted to being a-holes. 

I got perma IP banned from stain report just for saying the refs typically don't call pass interference in the saints home games and the Rams were smart enough to take advantage of it. Seems like they only want high fivers and boot lickers there.

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

On the real - is there a reason Saintsreport bans almost all non-Saints fans that are less than flattering, or ones that don't walk the tightrope imposed by mods? I dig the trash talk here, but anytime anything remotely like it gets posted to that forum the person is banned.

Just saying. Kinda fits with the crybaby narrative. Especially considering all the awful calls the Saints have benefited from in the past. Kinda sad that the fanbase is hanging it's hat on one call when the crew was one that had a history of calling double the penalties and yards against the Rams...oh, right, they did that in the NFCCG too.

Anyone remember that "there was no holding because it was a screen" penalty refs made up several years back? Oof.

They don't like any fans who talk back, or point to any flaws with the saints.

Godzilla1985 likes this

9 hours ago, runshoot said:

"most likely"? Where in the world do you even come up with he would "most likely" be our next coach? AB has yet to hire a previous head coach. Jimmy Mora, Petrino, Mike SMith, DQ were all coordinators. History is there to learn from, use it.

well if the Falcons keep having to fire coaches maybe they need to change their model. I personally like quinn because he is smart on defense philosophy. but i wonder if McCarthy could get us a ring. 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:35 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

It wasn’t a conspiracy or a fix on EITHER side. Saints Report has been a joke with all the threads about how the officials missed the call on purpose 

I wasn’t talking about the missed call at all in the post you quoted.

I was discussing the fallacy that Rams fans (and anti-Saints fans) were *****ing and moaning about them being “0-8 with Vinovich” and that he “purposefully levied a disproportionate number of penalty yardage against them” between 2012 and 2018 when the fact was they were a completely undisciplined team regarding penalties during that stretch (in all games, not just ones officiated by Vinovich) and that they were largely losing to better teams, with the exception of the 2016 49ers.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:49 AM, falconfreak1 said:

You know you don’t have to respond to every attack. People are just down right mean and rude. Over a game no less. Opioid addiction is nothing to joke about. I guess we are all addicted to something. Seems some poeoe are addicted to being a-holes. 

Again, I respond to those who either a.) quote me, or b.) have posted something I feel I have something I can contribute to or that I feel is inaccurate and can contribute to spreading misinformation.

I enjoy discussing football. That’s what I’m here for and that’s what we’re doing. It’s when people start losing ground on their argument that they start to sling insults and personal attacks. Slinging mud doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, Dutty Ole Bird said:

I got perma IP banned from stain report just for saying the refs typically don't call pass interference in the saints home games and the Rams were smart enough to take advantage of it. Seems like they only want high fivers and boot lickers there.

I highly doubt that’s the only thing you got banned for. What’s your username there and I’ll dig into your post history and see if there were any other infractions you may have unknowingly committed.

Additionally, I just happened to find another non-Saints fan posting on SR today.  This poster with the username “raumin” is one of y’all kind and he’s been a member since May 4th, 2017 and hasn’t been banned yet. While he doesn’t post with much frequency, he’s not shy in saying he’s a Falcons fan and he carries his weight when discussing y’all team. He may even be a member here.

Edited by Iron Saint

10 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I highly doubt that’s the only thing you got banned for. What’s your username there and I’ll dig into your post history and see if there were any other infractions you may have unknowingly committed.

That is pretty much it didn't have the chance to say anything else, please dig up my history and look for yourself.

Username: Osiruz.

19 minutes ago, Dutty Ole Bird said:

That is pretty much it didn't have the chance to say anything else, please dig up my history and look for yourself.

Username: Osiruz.

I remember seeing your name there before and from my memory you weren’t a “bad” poster by any means.

I see you only had one post the day of the game and it wasn’t out of line by any means, but I don’t know if you made anymore that preceded or succeeded that one that may’ve been deleted and the cause of the ban.

The mod that banned you may’ve just felt you were only there to troll considering it was right after the game. Wouldn’t be any different had I shown up right after Super Bowl LI ended and got banned here.

41 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I wasn’t talking about the missed call at all in the post you quoted.

I was discussing the fallacy that Rams fans (and anti-Saints fans) were *****ing and moaning about them being “0-8 with Vinovich” and that he “purposefully levied a disproportionate number of penalty yardage against them” between 2012 and 2018 when the fact was they were a completely undisciplined team regarding penalties during that stretch (in all games, not just ones officiated by Vinovich) and that they were largely losing to better teams, with the exception of the 2016 49ers.

Again, I respond to those who either a.) quote me, or b.) have posted something I feel I have something I can contribute to or that I feel is inaccurate and can contribute to spreading misinformation.

I enjoy discussing football. That’s what I’m here for and that’s what we’re doing. It’s when people start losing ground on their argument that they start to sling insults and personal attacks. Slinging mud doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

Additionally, I just happened to find another non-Saints fan posting on SR today.  This poster with the username “raumin” is one of y’all kind and he’s been a member since May 4th, 2017 and hasn’t been banned yet. While he doesn’t post with much frequency, he’s not shy in saying he’s a Falcons fan and he carries his weight when discussing y’all team. He may even be a member here.

You were discussing the rams fans. And I threw in the saints fans. It’s not a conspiracy on either side. Any fans who believe the nfl is fixed is well, pretty dumb....and SR has a lot of conspiracy threads getting made

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You were discussing the rams fans. And I threw in the saints fans. It’s not a conspiracy on either side. Any fans who believe the nfl is fixed is well, pretty dumb....and SR has a lot of conspiracy threads getting made

Fair enough. Every team feels the NFL is against them and their team. It’s nothing new. Every team is going to have their share of conspiracy theorists, some just post it online more than others.

And it’s expected considering what just happened 2 and a half weeks ago. I’m sure if I do a hard enough search on here between February 5th, 2017 and the start of the 2017 season, I can find just as many tin foil hat threads.

Anyways, in an effort to steer this thread back on track, as a rival fan, I can honestly say that I think a McCarthy hiring would set y’all back. Especially considering y’all have posted a better ranking in both yards and points offensively than the Packers have the last 3 seasons.

Even when he was our offensive coordinator he wasn’t anything special outside of one year. Here were our offensive ranks in points: 10th (2000), 13th (2001), 3rd (2002), 14th (2003), 14th (2004).